An Aquaintance On How Larger Muscles Are Impacting His Interactions With Women

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Question about wrist measuring: how tight are you supposed to make the tape measure? Like, are you supposed to squeeze it to the point where it compresses your skin/fat and thus is a closer measurement of actual bone size? Do you make it as tight as, say, a watch (i.e., moderately tight)? Or do you just not tighten/compress it at all? (This would skew the measurement for those with more fat, I assume).

No compression, and not loose either. Tighten the tape to the point where compression begins.

Last edited:

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Women - even mid-20's girls - definitely notice muscle/build. I'm 6'1" and naturally broad, and my entire life people always asked me if I was a bouncer or a police officer. Since I've been working out the past 2.5 years, and added some more size (nothing crazy I don't think, but I'm very well-proportioned with high-set, broad shoulders and a prominent chest), many, many girls have commented on my build. They'll either say "wow, do you work out?" with a flirty voice, or just come up and feel my chest sometimes.

One hot early 20's girl comes up to me at this rooftop bar last year as I was just standing there and feels my shoulders and then my chest and goes "wow, are those real?" She was well-endowed herself, so I said "yeah, all natural - how about yours?" :p It does help that I'm an attractive guy facially, of course, but even though girls always were attracted to me, they more frequently make comments about my physique now. The point is that girls do notice. Once you get past a certain point, however, I'm sure they're turned off by it (as someone said above, they'd prefer the Hemsworth physique over that musclebound guy in the pool video above, as would I), but 95+% of people don't have the genetics or inclination to get to that point anyway, so don't let that stop you from working out. The amount of comments/respect I get from other men (even men my size or larger than me) is pretty absurd, too, especially since I don't think I'm that big. But my proportions are good, which is what I think people notice.

Working out and seeing physical improvements in yourself helps you psychologically/chemically in a whole host of other ways, and improves your confidence overall. I wish I started when I was 20 years old instead of when I was 36 lol.
Nice!

I'd always advise anyone here who isn't an 8 out of 10 in the face to hit the gym.

If you are a 6 or something - having a good physique can be the difference between being sexually attractive or not.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women - even mid-20's girls - definitely notice muscle/build. I'm 6'1" and naturally broad, and my entire life people always asked me if I was a bouncer or a police officer. Since I've been working out the past 2.5 years, and added some more size (nothing crazy I don't think, but I'm very well-proportioned with high-set, broad shoulders and a prominent chest), many, many girls have commented on my build. They'll either say "wow, do you work out?" with a flirty voice, or just come up and feel my chest sometimes.

One hot early 20's girl comes up to me at this rooftop bar last year as I was just standing there and feels my shoulders and then my chest and goes "wow, are those real?" She was well-endowed herself, so I said "yeah, all natural - how about yours?" :p It does help that I'm an attractive guy facially, of course, but even though girls always were attracted to me, they more frequently make comments about my physique now. The point is that girls do notice. Once you get past a certain point, however, I'm sure they're turned off by it (as someone said above, they'd prefer the Hemsworth physique over that musclebound guy in the pool video above, as would I), but 95+% of people don't have the genetics or inclination to get to that point anyway, so don't let that stop you from working out. The amount of comments/respect I get from other men (even men my size or larger than me) is pretty absurd, too, especially since I don't think I'm that big. But my proportions are good, which is what I think people notice.

Working out and seeing physical improvements in yourself helps you psychologically/chemically in a whole host of other ways, and improves your confidence overall. I wish I started when I was 20 years old instead of when I was 36 lol.
Frame is everything. With a shitty frame no amount of gymcelling will save you. Nick Bateman isn't even that muscular, but his bideltoid width makes him look huge. You probably have a similiar bideltoid to him, it's all about the V-shape that broad shoulders give you, and it's noticed while wearing clothes in contrast to being ripped.
U8uSyjf.jpg

hkrrdwi8fdwl.jpg

ByTpiQZ.jpg

c3b047c426f4050176d4e4d8e4cfbfaf.jpg

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Frame is everything. With a shitty frame no amount of gymcelling will save you. Nick Bateman isn't even that muscular, but his bideltoid width makes him look huge. You probably have a similiar bideltoid to him, it's all about the V-shape that broad shoulders give you, and it's noticed while wearing clothes in contrast to being ripped.

View attachment 73515
View attachment 73516

Yup, that's what my upper frame looks like (more like the guy in the first pic, but the guy on the right in the second pic also looks similar). Difference is that my shoulders are even bigger, and my chest is way bigger than the guy in the first pic. I wish I was as lean as him, though lol. :p That's actually my next goal: leaning out. I have somewhere between 30-40 pounds of fat/water on me which obscures my musculature. No one in real life ever thinks I need to lose weight, because I carry it very well - I just want to lose it so I can see what I'm working with in terms of the amount of muscle I have. From there I can adjust my goals and routine.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Women are much more interested in lean guys than muscular ones. A lot of women view big, muscular guys as threatening, especially if they're over six feet. The ideal man for most women is six feet tall, with some muscle, but mostly lean. Some women like muscular guys or even teddy bear types, but they're usually trashy types who either want a guy who likes to fight or someone big enough to make them feel better about being fat themselves.

CopeLikeThePope

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could look like some of these guys if I worked out, but I was born with some sort of deformation one of the side of my chest, and a bit under it, ribs go inwards. It's not something noticeable from a distance, but up close and personal with a girl she would notice. This destroyed any chances of civilian sex, or any motivation to hit the gym, since t-shirts wouldn't fit properly as they showcase an uneven chest. I would need to wear my modified one-chest-only funkybod t-shirts to even it out, but the moment a girl touches my chest and she sees it's a pad im dead, therefore any chances of intimacy have been cut from life since day one. Now add in the fact that im going NW2 and you'll understand why I killed myself (yes, you are indeed talking to a zombie). My pain will never be understood.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could look like some of these guys if I worked out, but I was born with some sort of deformation one of the side of my chest, and a bit under it, ribs go inwards. It's not something noticeable from a distance, but up close and personal with a girl she would notice. This destroyed any chances of civilian sex, or any motivation to hit the gym, since t-shirts wouldn't fit properly as they showcase an uneven chest. I would need to wear my modified one-chest-only funkybod t-shirts to even it out, but the moment a girl touches my chest and she sees it's a pad im dead, therefore any chances of intimacy have been cut from life since day one. Now add in the fact that im going NW2 and you'll understand why I killed myself (yes, you are indeed talking to a zombie). My pain will never be understood.
nobody cares about a norwood 2, the other thing yes but hardly a difference between nw2 and 1. norwood 1 i see as the low juvenile or sometimes even monkey looking hairline and a lot of people dont even start out with that

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Muscles don't matter one bit. Hair is everything, alongside height and race. I just put up a photo of me showing my muscles on a dating app. I followed the rules and wore a workout vest rather than completely shirtless. No change in my results so far. That's because of my hair.

Also, Jon Hamm is a textbook NW1. He's not a mature hairline or anything. There are different types of NW1. There's the standard straight NW1 like Hamm or the 'monkey hairline' NW1 like Zayn Malik, David Schwimmer or Amir Khan (boxer). But yes mature hairline is a thing. Basically, there's no guarantee that a NW2 will progress to a NW3 and so on. On the other hand, if there's thinning in the crown, then you're guaranteed to be ****ed.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have an above average frame which I took for granted but have been complemented on it by guys and girls over the years. There are guys more muscular than me but over clothes they look like a stick as opposed to masculine and filled out. And when I've seen them changing, they look really feminine unless they have $hit ton of muscle which is hard. I think a frame also helps create a balanced, proportionate look too which helps with aesthetics. The ectomorph is the worst build for a guy and usually they tend to have a gangly narrow look with long slender limbs.
Lucky Man!

I'm average build at 5'10 and I had to work out for years before I looked somewhat muscular.

I still dont look big but I am lean with muscle and that puts you ahead of 90% of 30 somethings.

When you are 21 nearly everyone is slim.

By 31 nearly everyone is 30lbs heavier and no longer have good bodies (men and women).

Just by being slim with a little muscle makes you stand out the older you get.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
This makes me want to go back in time and slap myself for denigrating weightlifting for so long.

Man, you used to be so convinced that you could not put muscle.

Have some recent shirtless pics?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
You'd think 'do you even lift?" for sure, but compared to my old skinny body, it's a big improvement.

It's "only" 6 kg of lean muscle in a year, and I can't seem to go past that. Genetic limitation.

I'm convinced that 6 kg is the highest amount of muscle I can put on :p!
6kg in a year is quite good!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't worry. Your overall body frame is more than good enough. As long as it's an average frame it's fine. I remember reading when I was a student on the different body types and they were subdivided too. I can't remember the exact names but one subtype of ecto had narrow shoulders, slender long limbs, pencil neck - as long as it's not this everything else can be filled out with moderate success quite easily.

Sounds like the body type I associate with capoids:

4934762be89367066f114e37c7b837eb.jpg

I don't know if those classifications are still in favor.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Women do not care about muscles, so stop wasting your time! Fred's girlfriend loves his muscles, but what was it that got him his girlfriend? It was his height, his race and his transplanted hairs. It's the same as when a man is in a relationship, goes NW6 and somehow maintains the relationship. The NW6 didn't get him his partner, nor is his partner attracted to a NW6, nor is this an example of how 'bald men can get love'. Look at single men using their muscles to do well in dating. There are no examples! It's men who have partners who get muscles and then got complimented by their partners. Not the same thing.

Hair is the only thing that matters. I have more muscle than most of the people that I train with. And it's all in the action areas - chest, shoulders, forearms, traps. Women couldn't care less because I don't have hair. I lift because I enjoy it. But if you're thinking of taking up an activity that takes perhaps 10+ hours per week (counting dieting, recovery etc.) to try to attract a partner, I'd say that you shouldn't waste your time. Just go on a sensible diet and be slim. And keep using your minoxidil, of course.

Edit:
Also, Hamm is a NW1.
https://hdwallsource.com/img/2016/8/jon-hamm-widescreen-wallpaper-57471-59234-hd-wallpapers.jpg