all you RU people

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Acne is related to Hairloss in so many ways..It is no even funny... :dunno: How Acne Develops:

Acne begins with the negative effects of DHT (Dihydro Testosterone) on the oil glands.

1. The Enzyme 5 Alpha Reductase converts Testosterone to DHT .

2. DHT binds to Androgen Receptors on the oil glands.

3. DHT stimulation results in excessive oil production.

4. Excess oil obstructs the skin pores allowing bacterial growth that causes inflammation, infection and visible acne.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Gamma Linolenic Acid, Alpha Linolenic Acid, and Linoleic Acid
In the following studies, Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA), Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA), and Linoleic Acid were shown to be the most potent known inhibitors of type 1 and 2 forms of 5-alpha reductase and highly effective in decreasing the levels of dihydrotestosterone (DHT), when applied topically. More importantly this is accomplished without affecting any systemic effects.

STUDY A: Growth suppression of hamster flank organs by topical application of gamma-linolenic and other fatty acid inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase. Liang T; Liao S. Journal of Investigational Dermatology: 1997 Aug; 109 (2): 152-7

ABSTRACT
Certain unsaturated aliphatic fatty acids, such as gamma-linolenic acid, inhibit 5alpha-reductase activity in vitro and in vivo. Hamster flank organ growth, as measured by the increase in the area of pigmented macule, is dependent on androgen. When one of the paired flank organs of a castrated hamster was treated topically with testosterone, the treated organ, but not the contralateral flank organ, became larger and darker. Topical application of gamma-linolenic acid to the testosterone-treated flank organ suppressed this testosterone effect. Other fatty acids that were not inhibitors of 5alpha-reductases were not active. Topical treatment of hamster flank organs with 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone also stimulated the growth of the organ. This 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone-dependent activity, however, was not significantly affected by gamma-linolenic acid, suggesting that flank organ growth was dependent on 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone and that gamma-linolenic acid acted by inhibiting 5alpha-reductase. With intact male hamsters, the endogenous androgen-dependent growth of flank organs is also suppressed by topical treatment with gamma-linolenic acid. The effect of gamma-linolenic acid is localized at the site of its application; topical application of gamma-linolenic acid did not affect the androgen-dependent growth of other organs such as testis, epididymis, seminal vesicle, and prostate. gamma-Linolenic acid, with low toxicity and absence of systemic effect, therefore may be potentially useful for treatment of androgen-dependent skin disorders.

STUDY B: Androgen action: molecular mechanism and medical application. Liao S . Journal of Formos Medical Association: 1994 Sep; 93 (9): 741-51

ABSTRACT
Androgen action in many organs, such as prostate and skin, is dependent on the conversion of testosterone by 5 alpha-reductase to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone. 5 alpha-Dihydrotestosterone then binds to the androgen receptor to regulate specific gene expression. Inhibitors of 5 alpha-reductase are useful for the selective treatment of prostatic cancer, benign prostate hyperplasia, acne, baldness and female hirsuitism, without affecting spermatogenesis, sexual behavior and smooth muscle growth, that do not require the conversion of testosterone to 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone. Certain unsaturated fatty acids, such as gamma-linolenic acid, are potent 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors, suggesting a linkage between unsaturated fatty acids and androgen action. Mutations in androgen receptor genes are responsible for many cases of androgen-insensitivity. In some prostate cancer cells, some antiandrogens may act like androgens in stimulating the proliferation of the cancer cells because these antiandrogens can bind to a mutated androgen receptor and transactivate target genes. Prostate cancers are usually androgen-dependent initially but can lose dependency and responsiveness. Tumor cells which are resistant to endocrine therapy ultimately proliferate. Androgen-independent or androgen-repressive cells can arise from androgen-sensitive prostate cancer cells by changes in specific gene expression over time in a clonal isolate. This change in androgen responsiveness was accompanied by a change in androgen receptor expression and transcriptional activity as well as expression of some oncogenes.

STUDY C: Inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase by specific aliphatic unsaturated fatty acids. Liang T; Liao S Journal of Biochemistry, 1992 Jul 15, 285 ( Pt 2):, 557-62

ABSTRACT
Human or rat microsomal 5 alpha-reductase activity, as measured by enzymatic conversion of testosterone into 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone or by binding of a competitive inhibitor, [3H]17 beta-NN-diethulcarbamoyl-4-methyl-4-aza-5 alpha-androstan-3-one ([3H]4-MA) to the reductase, is inhibited by low concentrations (less than 10 microM) of certain polyunsaturated fatty acids. The relative inhibitory potencies of unsaturated fatty acids are, in decreasing order: gamma-linolenic acid greater than cis-4,7,10,13,16,19-docosahexaenoic acid = cis-6,9,12,15-octatetraenoic acid = arachidonic acid = alpha-linolenic acid greater than linoleic acid greater than palmitoleic acid greater than oleic acid greater than myristoleic acid. Other unsaturated fatty acids such as undecylenic acid, erucic acid and nervonic acid, are inactive. The methyl esters and alcohol analogues of these compounds, glycerols, phospholipids, saturated fatty acids, retinoids and carotenes were inactive even at 0.2 mM. The results of the binding assay and the enzymatic assay correlated well except for elaidic acid and linolelaidic acid, the trans isomers of oleic acid and linoleic acid respectively, which were much less active than their cis isomers in the binding assay but were as potent in the enzymatic assay. gamma-Linolenic acid had no effect on the activities of two other rat liver microsomal enzymes: NADH:menadione reductase and glucuronosyl transferase. gamma-Linolenic acid, the most potent inhibitor tested, decreased the Vmax. and increased Km values of substrates, NADPH and testosterone, and promoted dissociation of [3H]4-MA from the microsomal reductase. gamma-Linolenic acid, but not the corresponding saturated fatty acid (stearic acid), inhibited the 5 alpha-reductase activity, but not the 17 beta-dehydrogenase activity, of human prostate cancer cells in culture. These results suggest that unsaturated fatty acids may play an important role in regulating androgen action in target cells.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I will still go with the Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yuber said:
Manufacturer: Maruzen

Packing unit: 100kg / 500kg/ 1kg

This is very cool
Go in here http://ewhacheon.com/sub02/sub01.php?co ... =Anti-Acne
Click on the charackeristicks
Scroll down and download the Aqua licorice exstract p-u pdf file

In here you will see how much 5a-reductase activity each of the ingredient in the licorice have.

Is it the Benzoyl Peroxide in the licorice that blocks 5a! The Licorice ext pu does'nt block much at all.

It is the Benzoyl Peroxide that does the job in blocking 5a

I don't f*****g get it because there is no evidence at all that Benzoyl Peroxide Inhibit 5-A????? Doesn't make any senses at all for me. This very PDF doesn't mean sh*t. I am just trying to understand the meaning of it and LOL I am not Japanese yet! Benzoyl peroxide is a common ingredient found in acne treatments, used for its antibacterial properties..This it it!

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I think that I am going to give it a try to that!: http://www.biobeautybalm.com/glycobalm/

Got Soluble Licorice Extract P-U, Epilobium and linoleic acid into a Liposome cream. But 55.95 LOL 1 Application before going to be bed would be good..Just a little boost for internal Finasteride, with the use of good shampoos and conditioners we got a winner..But expensive.

Yuber

Reaction score
I can not say wheter what Maruzen's claims for Benzoyl Peroxide is right or not. I find no study of it's 5a reducing abilities.
However, if I understood their "graph" correctly then Benzoyl Peroxide is in licorice right?

So from Licorice Extract P-U you get the Lin(A), the acids, and benzoyl peroxide. So even though if we dont know if the benzoyl per does reduce 5a, we do know that it's good for acne. If it is good for reducing DHT too I will not mind it being in the licorice. So to sum it up, the extract sounds promissing.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I don't understand the graph too?? :dunno: but why Benzoyl Peroxide is included as a 5A-A reductase lol ?? Discolor hair, bad for your skin in general..act like sunburn..;I think somebody at work there was on crack...or acid. The way they interpret the graph is so confusing :bravo:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Just add Clover to my Peppermint Topical and yes I smell like Hard Core candy. Just waiting for the Licorice Extract P-U to show up.

Yuber

Reaction score
They are all high from smoking the Licorice Extract over at Maruzen :smoke: . I bet they had very fun while making that graph.
I sendt them a new e-mail, asking about this statement regarding Benzoyl.

I have all the good stuff in the Lic powder I've allready ordered, it's just that this stuff is more potent to use.
I will use it on a part of the beard first. I think it will slow down the growth quite fast.

Right now I'm looking for some premade stuff that includes NDGA, that also will allow the Licorice to be disolved in it(if even possible). Trying to find some that is allready made for topical use to avoid toxic effect. NDGA is a 5a reducer, licorice to by all the evidence people have gathered. Two 5a reducers + one of them deals with inflammation problems. Problem is NDGA is a very powerfull fatty acid and I dont have enough information about how stable it would be if I added stuff to the solution that it is in. I'll do some more research on this another time.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yuber :dunno: you smoked too because Wha Cheon got the graph..Not Maruzen??

Yuber

Reaction score
Hahaha :). No the graph is made by Maruzen's head office in Japan, they even have their sig on it. Wha Cheon just happen to have Maruzen's graph on their site together with the info on the Lic extract that is manufactered by Maruzen. :agree:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Probably shared the same bong! :smoke:

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
can someone clear up this benzyol peroxide conundrum? if it's BP in licorice that does the job, then there probably is no need to get all excited over it because i've used that stuff for years for my acne and it didn't do squat about facial oiliness (didn't bleach or slow beard either).

CCS? Bryan? MB? Doctor? where is everybody?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
LOL don't worry about the BP.. Everything started from a stupid graph..Just forget about it.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Fred,

Please be informed that in the USA Barnet Products are the official distributor for Nikko and Maruzen. Please visit their site http://www.barnetproducts.com, so you can contact them.

We trust having informed you sufficiently.

Kind regards,
Femke

Femke den Hartog

Sales Manager Cosmetic Department

Jan Dekker International

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
I am @ work right now and I cannot use my external email like yahoo or msn because there are using gay firewalls.. Can someone e-mail this North American supplier so we can get the Licorice extract A f*****g SAP! CCS? Yuber???Any news????
http://www.barnetproducts.com
Fred

riptiduh

Reaction score
I just called the phone number in Jew Jersey and reached the products purchasing Manager.

I asked him if they sold the Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U. He asked me what company I am from. I then asked if they only work with corporate accounts and he said yes. I told him I was just looking to purchase and he apologized for the inconvenience.

To our dismay, I have a bad feeling about this :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :( :( :gay:

OH WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!??!??!! :firing:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Call them again buddy and ask them if you can buy some from any retailers??? .......You have to be aggressive..At worst we can do like a group buy with people on the forums and E-mail the Manufacturer that their supplier acting like a jackass....There is no f*****g way we cannot get some..We got the money they got the stuff. It is just unusual for them because normally people that buying this sh*t are in the manufaturing business of cosmetics etc...

Fred
Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U ROCKS!