all you RU people

CCS

Reaction score
dig a few pages back in the new research thread. Look for the licorice thread, and dig through it to where I posted a link to a korean company that sells the exact same extract as is in that study. Buy 100 or 500 grams if you can. You need to buy an international phone card though. That stuff is good for your face skin too. Report back here if you were able to get it.

The study said the licorice was the most powerful 5ar inhibitor and the most powerful androgen receptor inhibitor of all the extracts tested. I think it will regrow your hair all the way. i bet it is a lot cheaper than RU and does not need to be frozen.

Some people won't like the smell. And i hope that company speaks english and will sell to consumers. The link is to an english translated version of the site. There is a phone number and product name. i'd call them, but a calling card is $10.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Good to be true but i will wait for more proof. Souds like apple polly more powerful than minoxidil but i haven't seen good reports

CCS

Reaction score
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DG

call 82-31-718-7226, it is in Korea.

As for the price of 100 grams or 500 grams of Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract PU.

Licorice (Glycyrrihiza Inflata) Extract. Most licorice for sale in the US is not the Inflata species and also is not polyol soluble, and might not work.

This is a powerful 5ar inhibitor, androgen receptor inhibitor, and also acts like estrogen, all good for hair.

If they will sell it to you, I bet it is cheaper than RU, and much more stable, and reduces inflammation.

Spend $10 on an international calling card and call them and let me know if they will sell it and how much. No point in everyone buying a calling card if they won't sell it. I did the work of finding the only company that sells this species of licorice, so someone else should buy the calling card. You can get calling cards on the internet if you don't want to go to the store.

Yuber

Reaction score
I would try it if they sell it.

But if they don't, I think it is possible to find it elsewhere.
I googled it and found it in many licorice supplements, (pill form). Maybe possible
to make it into a topical. It's also used in many skin lotions like this one.

Ingredients
Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Aluminum Starch Octenyl Succinate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, Lauroyl Lysine, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Creatine, Polyglyceryl 3, Polyglyceryl 3 Methylglucose Distearate, Tocopherol, Glycyrrhiza Inflata Root Extract, Ubiquinone, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, 1 Methylhydantoin 2 Imide, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

The best would be a topical with only the extract of the licorice though.

CCS

Reaction score
If you can find the inflata in pills, please send me a link. I want to buy some. I've seen many licorice extract pills, but they are a different species. When I google inflata, I just get a lot of pubmed studies, and no actual products.

CCS

Reaction score
Activity of herbal extracts on the control of sebum secretion.Accession number;04A0230063
Title;Activity of herbal extracts on the control of sebum secretion.
Author;UCHIUMI YOICHIRO(Maruzen Pharm. Co., Ltd., JPN) YAMAMOTO SUSUMU(Maruzen Pharm. Co., Ltd., JPN) MIZUTANI KENJI(Maruzen Pharm. Co., Ltd., JPN)
Journal Title;Fragr J

Journal Code:G0987B

ISSN:0288-9803

VOL.32;NO.3;PAGE.53-57(2004)
Figure&Table&Reference;TBL.4, REF.13
Pub. Country;Japan
Language;Japanese
Abstract;Potential activity of herbal extracts on sebum secretion was studied. Among the herbal extracts tested, polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U (product name) derived from Glycyrrhiza inflata showed the most potent testosterone 5 .ALPHA.-reductase inhibition, androgen receptor binding inhibition and antimicrobial activities, which are closely related to sebum secretion. In addition to the findings on polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U, clove extract and peppermint extract showed testosterone 5 .ALPHA.-reductase inhibition, arnica extract and rose fruit extract showed androgen receptor binding inhibition, alpinia speciosa root extract and scutellaria root extract showed estrogen receptor agonists, and sophora root extract showed antimicrobial activity. (author abst.)
-----------------------------------

It says peppermint extract, not peppermint oil or peppermint essential oil. We don't know if that is the alcohol, water, or oil extract of peppermint. We just hope that some of the potent chemicals extract in that study are also in peppermint oil. But I bet the oils will penetrate your skin much better than a water soluble powder will. So peppermint oil is still a safe bet. But what is better, the peppermint oil, or the essential oil? It said it inhibits 5ar, but not as well as the licorice.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Nivea Extra soothing moisturizer contain Glycyrrhiza Inflata lol ! I used this stuff before... http://www.pharmacydirect.com.au/PD_Pro ... 691&PLID=2

Got Jackpot here : http://www.eucerinus.com/rednessrelief/ all their products are for rosacea and all contain Inflata Root Extract as the main ingredient!

More!!!!! http://www.bioskinclear.com/ingredients/ This one is a serious Kick in the *** product b****s!!!! Inflata in a liposome!!!

Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin (Licorice) Root Extract

Licorice extract containing licochalcone-A, from the roots of the plant Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin, has inhibitory actions of testosterone 5-alpha-reductase, lipase and phospholipase A2, as well as androgen receptor antagonist which reduce sebum output. It also acts as an antimicrobial with proven action against P. acnes bacteria while also being a Super Oxide Dismutase antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory.

A New Dermatological Availability of the Flavonoid Fraction from Licorice Roots-Effect on Acne
ISSN:0387-5253 Journal of Society Cosmetic Chemists Japan, VOL. 37; NO.3; PAGE 179-186(2003) Authors: Kambara Toshimitsu, Zhou Y, Kawashima Yoshihito, Kishida Naoko, Mizutani Kenji, Ikeda Takao, Kameyama Koichiro.

Abstract: In the course of our studies on the further application of licorice as a cosmetic ingredient, we studied a new dermatological availability in the licorice extract containing licochalcone-A as a main principle, Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U, prepared from the roots of Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin. As a result, this extract showed several activities such as inhibitory actions of testosterone 5 ALPHA-reductase, lipase and phospholipase A2, as well as androgen receptor antagonist, antimicrobial and SOD-like antioxidant actions, which relate to skin care, especially the suppression of acne formation and development. On basis of this evidence, a trial of Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U with acne patients was carried out and the efficacy was demonstrated clinically.

Other Ingredients

We embed the snail serum in a liposome, a microscopic, fluid-filled pouch whose walls are made of layers of phospholipids identical to the phospholipids that make up cell membranes. Liposomes are used to deliver certain vaccines, enzymes, or drugs (e.g., insulin and some cancer drugs) to the body. Liposomes attach to cellular membranes and appear to fuse with them, releasing their contents into the cell . Sometimes they are taken up by the cell, and the phospholipids are incorporated into the cell membrane while the ingredient (glycoprotein enzyme) trapped inside is released.

Human skin secretes various lipophilic substances which play a substantial role in the protection of the skin. Chemically seen, these substances belong to the group of lipids, though they display differing structures: glycerides and free acids, cholesterol and its derivatives, esters with fatty acids and long chained alcohols, polar lipids of differing natural, saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons. All in all a complicated mixture of complex processes.

BIOSKINCLEARâ„¢ has been formulated to transform a liquid with cell-communicating ingredients and biological activators of skin renewal into a gel that also moisturizes the intercellular skin matrix by using all natural hydrating Hyaluronic acid, Seaweed Extract, Sodium salt of pyroglutamic acid, and humectant Glycerin .

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Really tough to find a supplement with a good description of the ingredients in it....YUBER! try google Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U...We have to try different things....I have been over it since this morning..Just had a shower..f*****g addicted!! But so far as a topical the Bioskinclear is tough to beat man....Go the inflata species in a liposome and others ingredients to kill inflammation.Got everything we need but little expensive...Still looking for something to take orally...or cheaper way... Where CCS at??? I want him to add his 2 cents!

CCS

Reaction score
I'm guessing we won't find any pills with this stuff in it just because it is so potent. Those products might still be good for my face though. I hope someone calls that korean company.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
• De Ionized Water (diluent)
• Hyaluronic Acid solution at 1% (natural glycosaminoglycan also in the snail secretion and in human skin - has a high capacity to hold in water - moisturizer)
• Glycerin (humectant)
• Seaweed Extract (antioxidant, moisturizer and a source of oligoelements)
• Sodium salt of pyroglutamic acid (naturally in human skin - moisturizer)
•Helix Aspersa Müller Secretion (biological glyco-conjugates)
• Ethylhexylglycerin (surfactant and preservant enhancer)
• Phenoxyethanol (preservant)

• Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin (Licorice) Root Extract containing licochalcone-A

I am going to give it a try I think....That Korean Cie..they don't have a working e-mail??? I don't speak ?&?** only french and english..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
They required a damn password..really gay..to sent them an e-mail. No distributors listed for North America.. :gay: WHA CHEON Website is totally a***!

Yuber

Reaction score
There is some products ment to be taken orally here. Pills and injections.

http://www.minophagen.co.jp/en/products/

About Glycyrrhizin
Active Ingredient

Stronger Neo-Minophagen® C (SNMC®) is an injectable preparation of Glycyrrhizin, extract of a saponin component contained in the roots of licorice plant (dried roots and the stolons of Glycyrrhiza inflata) which grows in the north-western region of China. Chemically glycyrrhizin is a conjugate of glycyrrhetic acid and two molecules of glucuronic acid.

Sounds very much like a strong drug of the Glycyrrhiza inflata. I doubt these products is ment to be taken orally over a longer period.
Anyway, the pills or the injection fluid might work good when used topical. It is a topical I want because I want to try something new to deal with inflam problems. And DHT reduction would be a great bonus.
I dont know if this is even available without a doctor prescribing it to you though. I have to try to find some more info on this one vs the bioskinclear product.

About Glycyron® Tablets

Product Name: Glycyron® Tablets

Active Ingredients: Monoammonium glycyrrhizinate, glycine (JP), DL-Methionine (compounding ingredient)

Applied Indication: Improvement of abnormal hepatic function in chronic hepatic disease. Eczema or dermatitis, infant strophulus, alopecia, stomatitis.

Does that mean improvement of alopecia in a good way or? What if used topical? hmm, wonder if this is even available.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Good find! I am reading it right now.. It is for herpes stomatitis man! Strong sh*t probably..

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Study of the usefulness of Glycyron tablet independent internal use for alopecia areata.

Abstract;In first 6-9 tablet and child in the adult, for alopecia areata patient of 10 cases over moderate disease, the first 3 tablet was divided into ter de die, and it was administered orally for 12 weeks, and the usefulness was examined in respect of the Glycyron tablet. Improvement factors were higher efficacy of 4 cases, effective 2 cases, effective 2 cases and unchangeable 1 case, deterioration of 1 case a little. Usefulness was very much useful 4 cases and useful 2 cases, useful 2 cases and usefulness making 2 cases a little without recognizing the side effect.

http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/2 ... 081131.php

Yuber

Reaction score
Stronger Neo-Minophagen® C ingredients is

0.2% glycyrrhizin inflata (Chemically glycyrrhizin is a conjugate of glycyrrhetic acid and two molecules of glucuronic acid)
0.1 % L-cysteine
2% glycerine

I was going to compare the containment of G. Inflata in stronger Neo to the Bioskinclear, but I could not find any info about how much there is in Bioskinclear.

Seems like the stronger neo is allmost impossible to get hold on. Quess I'm going for the bioskinclear.
I wonder how importent it is that it have to be the inflata species?

VRP: You mentioned that glycyrrhizin also has anti-inflammatory effects?

Dr. Lieberman: Yes, glycyrrhizin has been shown to inhibit immune responses that cause inflammation, primarily by inhibiting the production and actions of several important pro-inflammatory compounds produced by cells in response to injury — prostaglandins, eicosanoids, and cytokines. Glycyrrhizin also acts as an antioxidant by promoting two vital antioxidant systems, glutathionine-S-transferase and catalase, and by reducing the formation of cellular oxidative products. Additionally, glycyrrhizin supports the bodys immune responses by increasing the production of antibodies, as well as gamma interferon, T cells, and NK (Natural Killer) cells.

CCS

Reaction score
squeegee said:
• De Ionized Water (diluent)
• Hyaluronic Acid solution at 1% (natural glycosaminoglycan also in the snail secretion and in human skin - has a high capacity to hold in water - moisturizer)
• Glycerin (humectant)
• Seaweed Extract (antioxidant, moisturizer and a source of oligoelements)
• Sodium salt of pyroglutamic acid (naturally in human skin - moisturizer)
•Helix Aspersa Müller Secretion (biological glyco-conjugates)
• Ethylhexylglycerin (surfactant and preservant enhancer)
• Phenoxyethanol (preservant)

• Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin (Licorice) Root Extract containing licochalcone-A

I am going to give it a try I think....That Korean Cie..they don't have a working e-mail??? I don't speak ?&?** only french and english..

buy the cream, and put it on your beard stubble on one side of your face. If your beard disappears, then it is good for scalp hair. If you don't see a difference, then don't bother buying the licorice from that company. I bet it will be strong. My face is red too and could use some of that cream. Do you know where to actually buy the stuff? I remember RiteAid being one of the places.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Abstract;In the course of our studies on the further application of licorice as a cosmetic ingredient, we studied a new dermatological availability in the licorice extract containing licochalcone-A as a main principle, Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U, prepared from the roots of Glycyrrhiza inflata Batalin. As a result, this extract showed several activities such as inhibitory actions of testosterone 5.ALPHA.-reductase, lipase and phospholipase A2, as well as androgen receptor antagonist, antimicrobial and SOD-like actions, which relate to skin care, especially the suppression of acne formation and development. On basis of this evidence, a trial of Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U with acne patients was carried out and the efficacy was demonstrated clinically. (author abst.)

A New Dermatological Availability of the Flavonoid Fraction from Licorice Roots-Effect on Acne-

http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/2 ... 692202.php