all you RU people

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i believe that i have found the answer. heres the deal . Going by the email someone sent to elsom research, i decided to follow through. and this situation is starting to look good for us maybe...
Q-
Hello Dr. Yechiel,

For a while now I along with many others have been looking for Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U. It is an extract of the licorice specimen G.inflata. I am aware that one our members recently got in touch with you regarding the product and was hoping that you could obtain it and make a customized topical for us to use.

Now according to you, Elsom research's state-of-the-art nanotechnologies replace the need for such materials or detergents and allow for gentle and effective and non-greasy formulations. Many varieties of licorice have been tested as having the same attributes you refer to; it may not be important to obtain that particular species.

However, I was hoping that the particular Glycyrrhiza inflata could be obtained because according to studies, it was specifically the Glycyrrhiza inflata species that showed the most potent testosterone 5 .ALPHA.-reductase inhibition, androgen receptor binding inhibition, and antimicrobial activities.

Is there any way that you would be able to obtain this product and include it in a topical for us to purchase through your company? We have tried contacting a company Maruzen Phamaceuticals Co LTD http://www.maruzenpcy.co.jp/english/index_e.html whose products contain Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U(species Glycyrrhiza inflata). However according to them, they are unable to sell the Glycyrrhiza inflata directly and advised us to go with their official distributor http://www.barnetproducts.com/. Barnet products do not sell to personal individuals but rather companies. This is where I was hoping that you could be of great service.

Please let me know if it would be at all possible for you to obtain the Glycyrrhiza inflata from Barnet or elsewhere and create a topical that we can purchase from you. There are quite a few of us who are very eager to obtain this.

Thank you,

A-
Thank you for your inquiry.

I am somewhat skeptical about studies of botanical varieties which are indigenous to Japan and which can only be sold in the US by one company which is the sole outlet for that Japanese botanical; sometimes these are just marketing hype. Anyway, we will look into it and see if we can find the “inflataâ€￾ species available to us in the US market. The most common species in the US is G. glabra and it has the constituents of the “inflataâ€￾ which are so praised by the people who extract them. If we can find it in the US, we can make a custom batch with it for your group, provided that someone will undertake the financial responsibilities for the batch; we won’t make a special-order batch unless the entire batch is paid for. You would have to decide in advance on the quantity you want, so we would know how much of this and other ingredients to order for the project.

We also have a product we released last November, JuveLine, which addresses the concerns you have stated (and more) and without the feminizing side-effects so common to many anti-reductase products: you can read about it at http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/p ... irline.htm . We already have some positive comments on the product. So, you may have something very good under your nose and you may wish to try it before you travel all the way to Japan.

We also have an Equisomin batch with G. glabra extract, identified as “licorice rootâ€￾ in the ingredients list. The advantage of ordering an in-stock product is that this would not require any large financial commitment: everyone can order the quantity he wants. You can read our general information about Equisomin at http://www.elsomresearch.com/shopping/p ... ynergy.htm.

Good night.

If i was to do this, id wanna go for the real thing, the inflata. while the others are helpful..if i want to get results i want to go with the species used in the studies which appeared to be much more powerful. And since this looks like it may be possible, i say we go all in and not half ***...at least if it doesnt work we wont wonder if perhaps the inflata could have yielded better results.

Gimme feedback guys

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Everything I posted is gone :gay: I want to cry :nono:

CCS

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Everything I posted is gone :gay: I want to cry :nono:

I know just how you feel. I don't want to post for a few days till I know it won't get deleted.

CCS

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
The Polyol has 20% lic-A. The aqua is 1.6%. None of the other stuff is anti-androgenic. Even that sweetener is not listed as an anti-androgen. We need the Polyol P-U.

20%, vs 1.6% or less. That is a big difference. I wonder how important the lic-A is. So we definitely can't buy the pure extract from that company?

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Polyol has 20% lic-A. The aqua is 1.6%. None of the other stuff is anti-androgenic. Even that sweetener is not listed as an anti-androgen. We need the Polyol P-U.

20%, vs 1.6% or less. That is a big difference. I wonder how important the lic-A is. So we definitely can't buy the pure extract from that company?
u could get it from elsom. Maruzen i dont know about, i didnt try to get in touch with them. CCS why dont u try to get in touch with maruzen...their the ones who were in the study to begin with

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Just posting this since I saw discussion of azelaic acid and I came across it a while ago (in this study). Regarding AA not male pattern baldness.

Source:
American Journal Of Clinical Dermatology [Am J Clin Dermatol] 2005; Vol. 6 (6), pp. 403-6.

Comparison of azelaic acid and anthralin for the therapy of patchy alopecia areata: a pilot study.

Abstract:
BACKGROUND: Although topical azelaic acid has been previously used for the treatment of alopecia, no controlled trials of azelaic acid for this condition have been conducted to date. OBJECTIVE: The goal of this study was to determine the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of azelaic acid treatment in patients with patchy alopecia areata (AA) in comparison with anthralin (dithranol) treatment. SUBJECTS AND METHODS: This study included 31 subjects with patchy AA who did not receive any treatment for at least 1 month prior to the study. Demographic and clinical characteristics of these subjects were recorded at baseline. Subjects were randomized to apply either 20% azelaic acid (15 subjects) or 0.5% anthralin (16 subjects) for 12 consecutive weeks. In a subsequent 8-week follow-up period no cream was applied. Two independent investigators performed an efficacy evaluation with clinical examination using a terminal hair regrowth score (RGS) with a scale ranging from 0 (inadequate response) to 2 (complete response) at week 20. Partial response was accepted as score 1. RESULTS: Both groups were well matched for the relevant demographic and clinical indicators affecting treatment response at baseline. All subjects completed the trial. At week 20 the RGS was 1.27 +/- 0.9 in the azelaic acid group versus 1.37 +/- 0.8 in the anthralin group (p > 0.05). A complete response was observed in 53.3% of cases in the azelaic acid group (8 of 15) compared with 56.2% (9 of 16) in the anthralin group (p > 0.05). No serious adverse events were observed in either group during the study. CONCLUSION: The present pilot study showed that the use of azelaic acid gave similar results to anthralin with regard to hair regrowth, and that it can be an effective topical therapy for patchy AA. More extensive trials are necessary, however, to reach a definitive conclusion.