all you RU people

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Frederic;

Thank you for your e-mail.

We are a Sales and Marketing Company, supplying materials to the Cosmetics and Personal Care industries. The products are not for use by, or for sale to, individuals. Sorry we cannot help you.

Regards,

Bill Johnson
Barnet Products Corp.
wjohnson@barnetproducts.com

140 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

(201) 346-5840 (direct line)
(201) 346-4333 (fax)

What is next lol! :dunno: I tried everything in my e-mail..

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Squeegee,
Could you please summarize what exactly it is that you are trying to do? You are trying to obtain pure Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U correct?

Were these the steps that you took to try to get your hands on some-
you saw that some product by Jan Dekker had Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U as one of its ingrediants

you got in touch with them

they told you to get in touch with Barnet products corp, who in turn told you they only sell to cosmetic corporations?

I just want to be sure here. Surely, if its out there we can get our hands on it. Its not nuclear weapons grade platoneum that we're talking about here, its licorice root! We need more input, any other suggestions?

Furtermore, have you gotten in touch with Maruzen?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
JAYB you got the whole story right!...I know it is out there and I know we can get it...and I know that the their only supplier in the States is by the book with their selling policies...Probably, the only way to get it is from a mass big order that we organize here on the forum with a group buy & try the supplier again... or get it directly from the Manufacturer itself in Japan. We can still harass them with e-mails (all of us here) sending emails requesting the Poly....so many ways..The best way is to get someone from a company (cosmetics coy preferably) buying it for us. f*****g pain in the ***!! :gay:

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
JAYB you got the whole story right!...I know it is out there and I know we can get it...and I know that the their only supplier in the States is by the book with their selling policies...Probably, the only way to get it is from a mass big order that we organize here on the forum with a group buy & try the supplier again... or get it directly from the Manufacturer itself in Japan. We can still harass them with e-mails (all of us here) sending emails requesting the Poly....so many ways..The best way is to get someone from a company (cosmetics coy preferably) buying it for us. f****ing pain in the ***!! :gay:
Or perhaps get in touch with someone from Maruzen, the company itself, who in turn could get the Polyol Soluble Licorice Extract P-U from their distributor Barnet for us

in theory, that could work right? Maruzen is located in NJ

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yes..... :punk: but policies are policies and it is tough to go around them sometimes.. but we need that sh*t!!

Fred

Please be informed that in the USA Barnet Products are the official distributor for Nikko and Maruzen. Where is Nikko @?

Yuber

Reaction score
A post from health skin forum
VOL.32;NO.3;PAGE.53-57(2004)
Figure&Table&Reference;TBL.4, REF.13
Pub. Country;Japan
Language;Japanese
Abstract;Potential activity of herbal extracts on sebum secretion was studied. Among the herbal extracts tested, polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U (product name) derived from Glycyrrhiza inflata showed the most potent testosterone 5 .ALPHA.-reductase inhibition, androgen receptor binding inhibition and antimicrobial activities, which are closely related to sebum secretion. In addition to the findings on polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U, clove extract and peppermint extract showed testosterone 5 .ALPHA.-reductase inhibition, arnica extract and rose fruit extract showed androgen receptor binding inhibition, alpinia speciosa root extract and scutellaria root extract showed estrogen receptor agonists, and sophora root extract showed antimicrobial activity. (author abst.)

I thought Dr. Pickhart might find that interesting. I put a peppermint oil/purified water mixture on one side of my chin for three months, resulting in quite noticeably weaker beard growth on that side of my chin vs. the untreated side. There was no inflammation, and the skin was actually kind of "soft" and looked nice.

According to that study, licorice might even be more effective as a topical anti-androgen, especially if mixed with something like rose hips oil............
Dr. Pickart

-------------------------------------------------
Here is a short study about licorise root and testosterone
http://medherb.com/Materia_Medica/Glycy ... terone.htm

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so whats the deal guys....we're not just gonna give up on this stuff are we?

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
The manufacturers are for the Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U: WA CHEON CO LTD. http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DG
Cannot get an hold of them at all..no E-mail address available just stupid international phone number and we don't know if they speak English.

Maruzen Phamaceuticals Co LTD http://www.maruzenpcy.co.jp/english/index_e.html ... Doesn't want to sell the Poly directly to us. Has to go with their official distributor http://www.barnetproducts.com and won't sell their stuff if you don't own a company in the business.

Anyone got ideas around here??

Yuber

Reaction score
I got negative replies from Maruzen and JanDekker too.

We've seen several products online, mostly facial creams, that has the Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U in them. Maybe we can ask these companies that sells these creams if they want to sell some of this particular ingredient to us. The sell it in a product, so why not the ingredient in the product itself.

There is also some online companies that makes custom topicals where the ingredients are pretty much desided by the customer himself. http://www.elsomresearch.com/. I bet they could get a hold on the extract. My quess is that it would be expensive though.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Yuber said:

We've seen several products online, mostly facial creams, that has the Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U in them. Maybe we can ask these companies that sells these creams if they want to sell some of this particular ingredient to us. The sell it in a product, so why not the ingredient in the product itself.

There is also some online companies that makes custom topicals where the ingredients are pretty much desided by the customer himself. http://www.elsomresearch.com/. I bet they could get a hold on the extract. My quess is that it would be expensive though.

Good find Yuber! :punk:

@ worst we got http://www.bioskinclear.com/
http://www.biobeautybalm.com/glycobalm/

We should send an e-mail to elsomresearch.com ..@least if they can get the Poly-Soluble licorice extract P-U for us it will be a good beginning...

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Yuber said:

Good find Yuber! :punk:

@ worst we got http://www.bioskinclear.com/
http://www.biobeautybalm.com/glycobalm/

We should send an e-mail to elsomresearch.com ..@least if they can get the Poly-Soluble licorice extract P-U for us it will be a good beginning...
The problem with elsomresearch is that while you can make your own topicals, you have to use the ingredients that they have...Im not sure if you can create your own topical with your own ingredients that arent listen on the site..

Squeegee- That Wah Cheon site is the way to go...Not only do they have the poly-soluble PU but did you see that they have aqua licorice extract PU, which according to them "AQUA LICORICE EXTRACT PU is a liquid preparation developed to improve the solubility and stability of POLYOL SOLUBLE LICORICE EXTRACT PU in the aqueous formula. This liquid preparation contains PU 5.1%. This liquid preparation contains PU 5.1 percent. "
Im assuming this means its the PU extract in the most effective vehicle that they have come up with?
Doesnt that mean they did all the work for us already? Thats awesome!! We need to get in touch with this company...Im not sure why I cant purchase the product, it seems like the website is designed for people to purchase these products...

Yuber

Reaction score
squeegee said:
The manufacturers are for the Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U: WA CHEON CO LTD. http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... n%26sa%3DG
Cannot get an hold of them at all..no E-mail address available just stupid international phone number and we don't know if they speak English.
Whacheon gets the sh*t from Maruzen too. I wrote to Whacheon for about a week ago on their contact us form. No reply yet. And the purchase button did only brings up a error message. We should call them.

JayB said:
The problem with elsomresearch is that while you can make your own topicals, you have to use the ingredients that they have...Im not sure if you can create your own topical with your own ingredients that arent listen on the site..
I just checked and your right. You have to choose from their list. It's not on the list, but I'm going to ask them if they can get it, or thinking about getting it. It seems like they add stuff all the time cause they give no word for that a ingredient will be on their list for a long time.

Sad that this stuff is so hard to get hold on :(

Yuber

Reaction score
I just got an answer about the licorice from Elsom. He replied super fast.

Q
For a while now many of or members have been looking for Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U. It is a extract of the licorice specimen G.inflata.
Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U is known to be a 5ar inhibitor, a sebum reducer, and a great weapon against inflammation. On skin it is used to reduce pigment and sun spots.

Is this a product you have considered to involve in the ingredient list for custom topicals in the future?

A
Hello,

Polyol is not a specific chemical but a name of a large group of chemicals, some natural and most synthetic. Ethylene Glycol and propylene glycol can be the building blocks of polyols and propylene glycol (PG) is common as a solvent in its monomeric form and a solubilizer in its poly structure (poly PG). “Polyol solubleâ€￾ is just a buzz name for water-immersed materials which are normally not water soluble. Polyol is a detergent and acts as a solubilizer of such ingredients in water. Our “Whole Extractâ€￾ technology enables us to extract ingredients out of natural botanicals with a proportional distribution similar to the distribution in the botanical. Our nanotechnologies enable us to disperse non-water-soluble ingredients in water without detergents. We used in the past different fractions of licorice extracts and can use the non-water-soluble (or oil-soluble) fraction without polyol. In addition, adding a detergent to our products is not compatible with our nano-technologies’ enhanced formulations. Depending on the identity of the polyol they are using we may or may not use such an ingredient in our products. However, we don’t need “old techâ€￾ polyols for solubilization and penetration, our state-of-the-art nanotechnologies replace the need for such materials or detergents and allow for gentle and effective and non-greasy formulations. Many varieties of licorice have been tested as having the same attributes you refer to; it may not be important to obtain that particular species.

I hope this helps.

Elishalom Yechiel, Ph.D.
President
Elsom Research Co., Inc.

He kind of states that what we allready have ordered may be just as good as what we are trying to get. And I hope so. I've sendt an e-mail to Bioskinclear too. No reply yet.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yuber said:
I just got an answer about the licorice from Elsom. He replied super fast.

Q
For a while now many of or members have been looking for Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U. It is a extract of the licorice specimen G.inflata.
Polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U is known to be a 5ar inhibitor, a sebum reducer, and a great weapon against inflammation. On skin it is used to reduce pigment and sun spots.

Is this a product you have considered to involve in the ingredient list for custom topicals in the future?

A
Hello,

Polyol is not a specific chemical but a name of a large group of chemicals, some natural and most synthetic. Ethylene Glycol and propylene glycol can be the building blocks of polyols and propylene glycol (PG) is common as a solvent in its monomeric form and a solubilizer in its poly structure (poly PG). “Polyol solubleâ€￾ is just a buzz name for water-immersed materials which are normally not water soluble. Polyol is a detergent and acts as a solubilizer of such ingredients in water. Our “Whole Extractâ€￾ technology enables us to extract ingredients out of natural botanicals with a proportional distribution similar to the distribution in the botanical. Our nanotechnologies enable us to disperse non-water-soluble ingredients in water without detergents. We used in the past different fractions of licorice extracts and can use the non-water-soluble (or oil-soluble) fraction without polyol. In addition, adding a detergent to our products is not compatible with our nano-technologies’ enhanced formulations. Depending on the identity of the polyol they are using we may or may not use such an ingredient in our products. However, we don’t need “old techâ€￾ polyols for solubilization and penetration, our state-of-the-art nanotechnologies replace the need for such materials or detergents and allow for gentle and effective and non-greasy formulations. Many varieties of licorice have been tested as having the same attributes you refer to; it may not be important to obtain that particular species.

I hope this helps.

Elishalom Yechiel, Ph.D.
President
Elsom Research Co., Inc.

He kind of states that what we allready have ordered may be just as good as what we are trying to get. And I hope so. I've sendt an e-mail to Bioskinclear too. No reply yet.
Very good job Yuber...but what is it that "we have already ordered" lol cause i havent ordered anything yet !!

CCS

Reaction score
I just put the stuff in my baby shampoo. No smell. I'm just rotating it in for now.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Many varieties of licorice have been tested as having the same attributes you refer to; it may not be important to obtain that particular species.

Polyol solubleâ€￾ is just a buzz name for water-immersed materials which are normally not water soluble. Polyol is a detergent and acts as a solubilizer of such ingredients in water

So buying licorice extract in bulk powder seem all good??? f*** the Poly and inflata??? What you guys think??What are we gonna use to make a topical solution from it??? For me shampoos and conditioners are just add-ons....Topical is the way to go...???? What do you think CCS??You got the stuff on hand already and got the knowledge hehe..???? :punk:

Fred

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Many varieties of licorice have been tested as having the same attributes you refer to; it may not be important to obtain that particular species.

Polyol solubleâ€￾ is just a buzz name for water-immersed materials which are normally not water soluble. Polyol is a detergent and acts as a solubilizer of such ingredients in water

So buying licorice extract in bulk powder seem all good??? f*** the Poly and inflata???
Fred
No!
While the poly-soluble part may not matter I think that the species does..According to the study
"Potential activity of herbal extracts on sebum secretion was studied. Among the herbal extracts tested, polyol-soluble licorice extract P-U (product name) derived from Glycyrrhiza inflata showed the most potent testosterone 5 .ALPHA.-reductase inhibition, androgen receptor binding inhibition and antimicrobial activities, which are closely related to sebum secretion. "

I think their saying that the inflata species of the licorice showed the most results..