All we need to know about RU58841

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The company that starts with a "k" is now charging 400 for 10 t and that has shipping already included.

Lokata, have you ever used Fe ru before, what did you think of it?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
Aargh, I just made a 50/50 alcohol/glycerin solution of 10ml and put in 500 mg of RU but it won't dissolve :thumbdown2: . What am I doing wrong?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Is it in a hard bottle?

If you put it in one of those little sealable baggies you can kind of crush the lumps as you squeeze the bag in between your finger nails. other than that put it in the fridge and wait for someone who knows what they are talking about but I've never know of anyone using glycerin with RU

In a hard bottle yes. Thanks.

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
irishpride86 said:
The company that starts with a "k" is now charging 400 for 10 t and that has shipping already included.

Lokata, have you ever used Fe ru before, what did you think of it?

no Irish I never have....just "Ktng" and Ontario

Rich78

Established Member
Reaction score
Starting to second guess this whole RU thing. Got the slip to pick up my FE shipment.

Well right now I'm doing fine on fluridil and spectal DNC. I still have a good month supply of both so I'm good with this atleast.

Was I the only one to go with FE this round ?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Is it in a hard bottle?

If you put it in one of those little sealable baggies you can kind of crush the lumps as you squeeze the bag in between your finger nails. other than that put it in the fridge and wait for someone who knows what they are talking about but I've never know of anyone using glycerin with RU

RU should be a fine powder. It should be rocky or lumpy.

Monty and bcapop, is your RU a fine powder or does it have rocks and lumps?

Also bcapop what kind of Alcohol are you using? What is the strength of the alcohol?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what does one ampule of fluridil do for you monty?

and are you using both at the same time?

also are you still on minoxidil or anythig else?

bcapop

Established Member
Reaction score
blaze said:
monty1978 said:
Is it in a hard bottle?

RU should be a fine powder. It should be rocky or lumpy.

Monty and bcapop, is your RU a fine powder or does it have rocks and lumps?

Also bcapop what kind of Alcohol are you using? What is the strength of the alcohol?

Fine powder with a few lumps. I'm using 96% pure alcohol.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
since your using glycerin instead of PG dissolve your RU in just Alcohol first. Then once dissolved add glycerin.

Dont use anymore than 15% glycerin.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
I´m sure this has been answered before, but do you have to have constant access to a freezer and fridge to be using RU??
I´m away from home 6-8 months out of the year...

Ende

Reaction score
Bryan said:
kento said:
Tyler_Durden said:
Hey dutasteride how come you don't use RU with minoxidil like they did in the study,

Can you post a link from that study? Like i know the main problem at RU is that it's very unstable.

The abstract for that study is below. BTW, I don't know that RU is "unstable" at all. There's been a lot of speculation about that on hairloss sites, but that's all it is: speculation. I've read almost all the RU58841 studies, and I've never seen anything about it being supposedly "unstable".

"The Effect of Topical RU58841 (Androgen Receptor Blocker) Combined With Minoxidil on Hair Growth in Macaque Androgenetic Alopecia", K. Imamura, A. Bonfils, A. Diani, and H. Uno. Wisconsin Primate Research Center, Univ. Wisconsin, Madison, WI, USA, Hoechst Marion Roussel, Romainvill, France, and Pharmacia-Upjohn, Kalamazoo, MI, USA.

Our previous studies demonstrated that the treatment with either RU58841 (RU) or minoxidil (M) alone induced significant hair regrowth in the bald stumptail macaques. However, the rate of hair growth has not significantly progressed after 6 months. This implies that M stimulates follicular cell proliferation but is unable to halt androgenetic follicular regression. On the contrary, RU prevents androgenetic follicular regression but appears to have no direct stimulating effect on follicular cell growth.

The present study was aimed to evaluate the effect of combined RU 5% (RU-5) with M 2% (M-2) or M 5% (M-5) solution on hair regrowth by both photographic recording and micromorphometrical analysis of follicular growth (folliculogram). The vehicle, mixture of propylene glycol, alcohol, and water, was used for both compounds and was applied to the placebo group. Each group has 3 monkeys. The data of hair growth for RU-5, M-2, and M-5 groups were used the results from our previous studies. The results revealed that the initial hair regrowth was noticed as early as 1 month after treatment in RU-5 + M-5 and 2 months in RU-5 + M-2 group. The similar degree of hair growth noticed at 3 months after treatment with RU-5 and M-5 alone. In M-2 group, the hairiness maintained but showed no noticeable regrowth. At 3 months, regrowth of long terminal hairs appeared in both RU-5 + M-2 and RU-5 + M-5 groups and these hairs maintained for 6 to 12 months. The overall rate of anagen conversion conversion and follicular enlargement were higher in combined groups compared to RU-5 and M-5 alone and revealed no significant difference between RU-5 + M-2 and RU-5 + M-5. The follicular growth was not found in M-2 group. Progressive effect of hair growth by combined treatment of antiandrogen with hypertrichotic agent showed most remarkably in early stage, but within one year the overall effects of hair regrowth revealed no significant difference compared to the rate in RU-5 or M-5 alone. Long-term observation will be necessary to find the synergetic effects on the follicular growth.
I've been reading about RU for the last hours, and this experiment is as interresting as the compound itself. People are claiming that it degrades very fast once it's mixed. Is it any scientific evidence which proves- or disapproves that statement? A combination of minoxidil and RU seems like a good mix, although some people claim it doesn't work. However, if I'm reading this right, there were no difference between the results from 5% RU/M, 5% RU and 5% M after one year, which suggests that RU is excellent for faster results and halting further progression of hair loss if other treatments fails to maintain. Something I'm missing?

Is there any studies on different dosages, btw? How long does it block the follicle receptors?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
But doesn't this also suggest that after one year, if you'd used minoxidil alone you'd look exactly the same as if you'd used minoxidil+ RU?! :punk:

In other words, RU completely worthless beyond the very short term. :hump:

... but within one year the overall effects of hair regrowth revealed no significant difference compared to the rate in RU-5 or M-5 alone. Long-term observation will be necessary to find the synergetic effects on the follicular growth.

Ende

Reaction score
Rabid said:
In other words, RU completely worthless beyond the very short term. :hump:
No, it seems like it's able to maintain the hair when even dutasteride fails, and that's without the risk of side effects which comes with reductase inhibitors. It blocks all androgens from binding to the follicle receptors, not just DHT. Testosterone kills hair too.

Ende

Reaction score
I hear they used a vehicle with 50% PPG in the human RU studies. I guess the other half is alcohol, which means that the vehicle was identical to Rogaine. Which dosages of RU were used? No results are available to the public?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I've been reading about RU for the last hours, and this experiment is as interresting as the compound itself. People are claiming that it degrades very fast once it's mixed. Is it any scientific evidence which proves- or disapproves that statement?

As I indicated in that early post of mine which you quoted above, I've read almost all of the RU58841 studies. I don't recall any statement in ANY of them that supports the claim that RU58841 "degrades", or is intrinsically unstable.

Enden said:
A combination of minoxidil and RU seems like a good mix, although some people claim it doesn't work. However, if I'm reading this right, there were no difference between the results from 5% RU/M, 5% RU and 5% M after one year, which suggests that RU is excellent for faster results and halting further progression of hair loss if other treatments fails to maintain. Something I'm missing?

That does appear to be true, at least for stumptailed macaques, and at least for the way the experiment was conducted in this study. We should always keep in mind that even though the stumptailed macaque model is pretty similar to what happens in humans, it's not exactly the same as it occurs in humans; I've read that scarring is much less of an issue in macaques, which could help explain why minoxidil is apparently more effective in them than it is in humans.

Enden said:
Is there any studies on different dosages, btw?

Some of the stumptailed macaque studies mentioned different doses that were used. An early Uno study mentioned the use of both 5% and 0.5% solutions. Even the 0.5% version was able to help hold onto hair in the macaques a little, although it obviously wasn't as effective as 5%.

Enden said:
How long does it block the follicle receptors?

I don't think anybody knows the answer to that question.

Ende

Reaction score
I think I read that the 5% RU solution was 25mg/0.5ml. Mathematics isn't one of my strong sides, but 0.5% would be 2.5mg/0.5ml?

Is it likely that they would use the same dosages on the first human subjects, in a case like this?

el_duterino

Reaction score
Phosgene is a GAS. How can you apply a gas to your skin ??

Phosgen will evaporate well before it gets a chance to even touch your skin... assuming it ever was present.
Phosgene was used as a combat GAS because troops can die by inhaling it.

As far as I know, no one dropped dead by breathing RU powder..no one mentionned the Phosgen poisoning symptoms after breathing RU powder.

I handled a lot of RU powder for 3 years because I make daily batches and I never experienced any of those symptoms listed under Phosgen poisoning.

And I am by no means the oldest RU user, some guys like "BobSakamoto" in the HLH forum have been using it for 6 years and are still alive an well.

Its good to have concerns about safety but this phosgen thing is really absurd.

Besides, RU was tested recenlty and it was found to be 99% pure.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
...but 0.5% would be 2.5mg/0.5ml?

Yes those calculations are correct, at least by the way I've been calculating my dosages.

Enden said:
Is it likely that they would use the same dosages on the first human subjects, in a case like this?

No idea.

fallout2rocks

Reaction score
El_Dut & Rabid, what are your recommended dosage?

I started on 150mg + 5ml and am considering up-dosing because I am currently still experiencing my noticeable daily shed. (20+) Any thoughts about this? Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.