All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
So can we get this straightened out.. I dont get why there is a discrepency on dosage here. If the studies used .05% why would you use .5% (other than you just want to use more in hopes of it working better).. as long as the studies showed .05% works then shouldn't we just go with that?

It's a huge difference.. 10x the price.. at .05% I think this is definitely affordable.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
big3nme said:
So can we get this straightened out.. I dont get why there is a discrepency on dosage here. If the studies used .05% why would you use .5% (other than you just want to use more in hopes of it working better).. as long as the studies showed .05% works then shouldn't we just go with that?

It's a huge difference.. 10x the price.. at .05% I think this is definitely affordable.

Correct. Everyone is free to use however much more than the .05% they want and can afford, but we still have to order the .05% amount first! That's a 7 month supply for around $155 per person. How much more reasonable could it possibly get? There's no point in not ordering 1 gram at around 1500 simply because we want to be able to order ten times that amount for the same price, which is unreasonable to ask for. We don't need ten times that amount, and could possibly do more harm than good. After a month or two of smooth sailing, we can talk about upping the dosage.

Ende

Reaction score
zayin said:
Also, think CB-03-01 is more promising cause it could, in theory, slow down balding, not sure whether bimatoprost will do that...
CB-03-01 will halt the progess, and recover miniaturized hairs. You won't lose anymore hair with an anti-androgen like RU58841 and CB-03-01, as long as you're using the drug. You could use it for the rest of your life, and maintain. That's if you respond to treatment. I know you've had some trouble.

JohnnyV13

Reaction score
How much did your RU cost? I am using a pretty extensive regimen, and now have caused a lot of formerly vellus hair to take on pigment. Consequently, my large bald spot on the crown and the bare strips along the sides now have a bunch of fine hairs. I would have considerable improvement if I could get those hairs to thicken. I thought adding a stronger growth stimulant is what i need, but maybe its a stronger anti androgen will do the trick.

Ende

Reaction score
Maybe we should order... 9 or 10 people, it doesn't make much difference.

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
Just looked up a study on stump tailed macacques, it used 0.5%. There was minimal growth with 0.05%. Stump tailed macacques generally have more regrowth than humans (look at the RU study). Here is the link:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?...n the bald scalp of the stump-tailed Macaque:

Unless I got it wrong, but if I'm not mistaken 500 microgram/ml is 0.5% solution isnt it? Really, I am not going to buy it if this is the case. Wont be wasting my money on a 0.05% solution. I'll go for CB first....unless I win the lottery tomorrow...

Ende

Reaction score
500mcg/ml is a 0.05% solution. They used that in the macaque study on latanoprost (not bimatoprost) which you've linked to.

1 ml solution

50 mg = 5%
5 mg = 0.5%
500 mcg = 0.05%
50 mcg = 0.005%

Ende

Reaction score
We should see if we can get some more offers. zayin, since you're in charge, could you ask OC too? - or are you pulling out?

Rabid
finfighter
Enden
zayin
big3nme
montrose
teenhandmodel
JohnnyV13
blaze

There is still room for one more on the list.

BenVegas

Reaction score
Hey guys -

I have been reading this thread with interest.

I would like to jump on as well if you still need more people to make the order - Im from Australia.

Cheers,

Ben

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
BenVegas said:
Hey guys -

I have been reading this thread with interest.

I would like to jump on as well if you still need more people to make the order - Im from Australia.

Cheers,

Ben
:punk: :innocent: :) :hump: :jump: :beer: :fun: :santa: :xmas: :pint:

It's a miracle! That makes 10! Thank you BenVegas!

I'm predicting OC is going to be more expensive than the Chinese companies.
Zayin has the best offers in hand. Hopefully he'll trust us about the .05%, and see the article I posted. Zayin, you in?
If Zayin's out, what other offers do we have? If not, then we can go with OC, Cow ding or Faith Seagull. Let's order this sh** already!

Ende

Reaction score
Rabid
finfighter
Enden
zayin
big3nme
montrose
teenhandmodel
JohnnyV13
blaze
BenVegas

finfighter isn't ready for the order yet. zayin, big3nme, teenhandmodel, JohnnyV13 and blaze, what about you? Confirm.

Ende

Reaction score
No, that's not a problem. I guess Canada has import restrictions as all other countries, so it's a risk, but if we order from OC, you're lucky, since they're located in Ontario.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't actually looked at the studies for Bimatoprost yet but can someone give me a run down at the time frame we might be expecting results? Is it similar to Minoxidil? Did they see regrowth, thickening of existing hairs, and increased growth speed etc ?

Ende

Reaction score
I think I read that the results are seen sooner than with minoxidil, and they noted (what was the expression?) "moderately to marked hair regrowth" (or something like that) within 3 months with 500 mcg latanoprost a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.