All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
big3nme said:
If it's .05% than is it really only .5mg of bimatoprost per ml of solution?

If that is true and even though it seems we wouldn't have to apply every day.. say we did.. that means for every day application for 6 month trial it would only be 6*30*.5 = 90mg?

If 1g is 1200 euros than 100mg is 120 euros for over 6 months of treatment putting us at less than 20 euros a month which is extremely cheap for something possibly more effective than minoxidil...

again this is if we need to use every day.. if it's only twice a week then this stuff is basically free.. and we might even be able to find cheaper labs?

Can we get this ball rolling asap.. would love to try it.

We need to use this daily, you only have to use CB twice per week.

I am willing to bet good money that when CB hits the market you will have to use it more than twice per week. I just cant see the drug staying active in the scalp for that long. And androgen receptors replace with new ones maybe every 24hrs or so.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Either way, I just want both Bimatoprost and CB asap. I think this could be a great combo or maybe Im just getting my hopes up but it's worth a shot.

Ende

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Enden said:
You're right, bimatoprost might regrow more, but it's hard for me to tell the difference between the two drugs, from the descriptions of effects and side effects. Which is why I doubt it's more effective.

We won't know for sure until the human Androgenetic Alopecia trials are completed with Bimatoprost, but think about it. Do you know how much it costs to get a new drug approved for safety and efficacy by the FDA? We are talking tens of millions of dollars!. Do you really think that they would go to the exspense and time to submit it to the FDA as a new prescription treatment if it were no more effective than minoxidil (an OTC product)? They would not go to the exspense of doing this. They must have a good idea that it is more effective! This will be a prescription treatment, it will have to me superior to the OTC product minoxidil, to be successful in the market! These pharmaceutical companies have market analysts that go to great exspense to determine whether or not it is worth it to submit a new drug!
That's a good point.

Ende

Reaction score
This is more popular than CB-03-01. With 20 people, it'll cost less than 6 months treatment with 5% minoxidil where I live, and last almost 7 months. That's if we're going with a 0.05% solution (500mcg/ml a day).

Rabid
finfighter
Enden
zayin
big3nme
montrose
teenhandmodel

Maybe it's possible to use a traditional ethanol/PG/water vehicle? The drug must penetrate the skin to be effective, and we know that an ethanol/PG blend is very effective with a high ethanol content.

UunoTurhapuro

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.alldaychemist.com/1890-careprost.html

I'm willing to try ready made generic one from India. That above mentioned site sells 3ml for $10 which is slight rip off as I've seen the same thing in indian local pharmacies for around 200 rupies which is just below 5$.

BTW. I'm pretty sure that I've read an article while ago stating that bimatoprost is better than latanoprost when it comes to hypertrichosis of the eyelashes

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
blaze said:
Here is a quote from Bauman Medical Group, they own the patent to the drug and are the ones currently testing it for Androgenetic Alopecia right now.

I believe that Dr. Bauman's practice has been prescribing Lattise off lable. But, they don't own the patent Allergan does- http://www.allergan.com/index.htm

Yep your right, my bad.

But I am also interested in trying this. I would just like to dump some of this into my minoxidil. It is soluble in ethanol.

Here is a link with some info on bimatoprost: http://www.caymanchem.com/pdfs/16820.pdf

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
UunoTurhapuro said:
http://www.alldaychemist.com/1890-careprost.html

I'm willing to try ready made generic one from India. That above mentioned site sells 3ml for $10 which is slight rip off as I've seen the same thing in indian local pharmacies for around 200 rupies which is just below 5$.

BTW. I'm pretty sure that I've read an article while ago stating that bimatoprost is better than latanoprost when it comes to hypertrichosis of the eyelashes

People have already tried that. The bottle is far to small for any real testing to be done. 3ml will get you no where, plus you need a higher strength, about twice that strength.

Buying bulk raw powder and making your own is the only way.

It does work. You just the right amount or its going to be a waste of time.

Ende

Reaction score
Shall we place an order when we have 10 people, and pay for 100 mg each?

Rabid
finfighter
Enden
zayin
big3nme
montrose
teenhandmodel

We need at least three more people. If the chemist won't distribute the drug to all of us, and one of us has to do it, I think zayin should be the one, because he's working at a university, and won't get in trouble with the customs. The drug should be packed in two plastic bags (zippers) with 100 mg each, by the chemist. This will be easy to conceal during redistribution. Get some new, interesting magazines (we'll pay extra for these), and tape the bags on a page. However, the plastic bags should be labeled bimatoprost, just in case it gets seized, so we avoid being suspected for smuggling narcotics.

big3nme

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:

Rabid
finfighter
Enden
zayin
big3nme
montrose
teenhandmodel

We need at least three more people. If the chemist won't distribute the drug to all of us, and one of us has to do it, I think zayin should be the one, because he's working at a university, and won't get in trouble with the customs. The drug should be packed in two plastic bags (zippers) with 100 mg each, by the chemist. This will be easy to conceal during redistribution. Get some new, interesting magazines (we'll pay extra for these), and tape the bags on a page. However, the plastic bags should be labeled bimatoprost, just in case it gets seized, so we avoid being suspected for smuggling narcotics.

I agree with this, I'm down for splitting 1g with 10 people. 100mg is such a small amount it would be easy to hide like you said if that becomes an issue. the only thing is that hiding it does make it a bit more sketchy if discovered.

I guess we still need to shop around for a lab that will give us a decent price and still be somewhat reputable.

Enden: What about the labs you contacted about CB, do they have this // make it?

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Word, let's roll here.

Perhaps Zayin is too busy... Can people notify their favorite, most trustworthy lab(s) ASAP of our intent to purchase a gram and ask their production time-frame and distribution options? Assure them, pending our satisfaction and own purity testing, we will purchase a much more substantial quantity in the near future.

Would be nice to use the standard PG/ethanol/water vehicle rather than the one for the eye-drop solution. Even the current alopecia trials appear to be using the eye solution? :dunno:

Ende

Reaction score
A vehicle with ethanol, PG and water is going to work. I'm considering mixing it with my Rogaine 5% / RU58841 solution. That 50% of PG should be able to hold 250 - 500 mcg/ml of bimatoprost too.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
(...) vehicle solution, a mixture of polysorbat 80, 0.5% and bezaltors
that act as potassium-channe l openers, such as konium chloride, 0.2mg/ml, in phosphate buffer solution.
http://www.medicaljournals.se/acta/cont ... 2753600803

A phosphate buffer solution with 0.5% polysorbat 80 and 0.2 mg konium chloride per ml...? The amount of drug was 500 mcg/ml.

Now that is a curious choice of vehicle, that they chose to keep the same vehicle that is. Is that even going to get much penetration? How many topicals look like this? Something is definitely not right here. Did they completely diminish the results of their own study? Impossible.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Some people couldn't see the attachment I posted on p. 7. It was just a scan of part of the paper stating they used ".05%" solution.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Enden said:

Rabid
finfighter
Enden
zayin
big3nme
montrose
teenhandmodel

Dude can you imagine trying to explain to customs why the bags were hidden taped inside a magazine? We have to find a lab who is willing to split up the order, and ship it to our seperate addresses we can all pay extra shipping!

PLAYGIRL magazine. Problem solved!

Ende

Reaction score
lol, what about the possibility of girlfriends throwing away your stuff? Bad idea :p

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
lol, what about the possibility of girlfriends throwing away your stuff? Bad idea :p

Just get a thick white, sticky solution to pour all over it so the pages are all nasty and crusted together (perhaps Xandrox would work?) Customs would probably be afraid to touch it in the first place. As a backup measure the pages would be stuck together anyway, serving to conceal the goods. :whistle: :whistle:

Sorry that's the best idea I can come up with...

Ende

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Enden said:

And they would think you were a homo! :woot:
LOL! I thought it was a similar magazine to playboy. Even if zayin would pick up 10 copies in the magazine store, I wouldn't want that sh*t. It would be very hard to explain, if someone noticed the magazine. It's like this one time, when my friend wanted to take me to a gay bar on his birthday. Lol. I've nothing against gay people, but hell no. I'm not comfortable being hit on by guys either. It has happened a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.