All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Edited Title. We just talked about this a little in the exp. treatment section, but since this is FDA approved, has been used for years by women to grow eyelashes quite long, and has minimal side effects unlike another growth stim. we are currently chained to for life, let's put it in growth stimulant section. We need to have a group buy and get a reliable producer to make bulk powder, as using the tiny amounts for eye-lash treatment is impractical for hair loss. There was a thread created where a few guys back around July were trying it out...

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54689&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bimatoprost

Basically, looks like some people were messing around with it, but not using enough, and not for nearly long enough, and mixing it with minoxidil. Only side effect mentioned so far is the changing of the hair follicle color as well as the color of the iris of the eye. :whistle: ...as long as it targets the grey

Someone in the thread mentioned bulk ordering cheap bimatoprost tablets and even provided a link but they'll have to explain what on earth they're talking about because that's just weird as the drug has never been in the form of a pill.

Ende

Reaction score
Good. I would like to see a presentation of the drug, and studies in relation to hair loss. :)

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
EDIT: First video now correct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZaKRsPAPps&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhBvdfOvXHw&feature=related

Lol, sounds like they're not even using enough in the videos, yet they're still getting good regrowth! Balding stump-tail macaque studies plus these videos. This isn't some five-year-away hampster fur regrowth bulls**t. Those are real people, middle-aged in fact, growing real hair. I'm sold! But I don't want to change my eye color lol.

Ende

Reaction score
I've seen claims that it can change the color of your iris. This makes me sceptical. I've bad vision but a beautiful eye color :p I don't know if I want longer eye lashes either, lol.

Ende

Reaction score
The prescribing information says that the eyelashes are expected to return to baseline when you stop using the drug. That women would risk brown iris for a temporary increased lenght, thickness and improved color of the eye lashes is madness, and as if that wasn't enough, the drug is very expensive.

To be honest, I don't think this is an option for us at the moment. We should focus on topical anti-androgens. There is nothing like it. They take care of the problem, and if anti-androgens like RU58841 and CB-03-01 are unable reverse the miniaturization, I fear that nothing is able to do so.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry Enden, I double posted one of the videos.

Briefly, it's a prostaglandin analog first used to treat glaucoma, then accidently found to grow eyelashes, then re-packaged as an eyelash growth stimulator, and now the next phase of its evolution is obvious. I have no idea how many studies are running or have run, but I'll look into it.

Despite what the vid. says, I don't see how it could not have systemic side effects. That said, I'd settle for the possible bimatoprost side effects over minoxidil bloat, heart palpitations, wrinkles, etc. any day. Already we know it can change hair and iris color at small dosages, but only in a small percentage of people. That's the worse side effect apparently.

No joke, I don't see life-long minoxidil use as safe for the heart at all, not in people using it topically just for male pattern baldness, who have already experienced sides in the short time on it. I don't want to be on long enough to find out. I've already had at least one close call. That stuff is toxic, except that it grows hair. The cardiovascular system is not something to mess around with, and bimatoprost fortunately does not do this. The only way we'll really know about bimatoprost is to try it at the optimal dosage. I'd gladly risk any potential side effects to give it a test run. I wouldn't be surprise if there are as yet unknown side systemic effects, but I'd be willing to bet nothing as scary as minoxidil. A great many vitamins and supplements impact prostaglandins, and the results are generally safe and healthy. :)

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
Enden said:
I've bad vision but a beautiful eye color

Well, If your bad vision is the result of increased intraocular pressure, then bimatoprost might solve that problem too. :)

Enden said:
I don't know if I want longer eye lashes either, lol.

Why the hell not? Women (at least in america) absolutely love long eyelashes. Like adore long eyelashes, lol.

Enden said:
That women would risk brown iris for a temporary increased lenght, thickness and improved color of the eye lashes is madness

My point exactly, just goes to show how obsessed with eyelashes women are! They think it's soooo sexy. No, :gay:

Enden said:
and as if that wasn't enough, the drug is very expensive.
That's why it would be nice to get one of these fine chem. companies on board to produce the powder. It's a whole new huge market for them outside of AAs.

Enden said:
To be honest, I don't think this is an option for us at the moment. We should focus on topical anti-androgens. There is nothing like it. They take care of the problem, and if anti-androgens like RU58841 and CB-03-01 are unable reverse the miniaturization, I fear that nothing is able to do so.

Now I think you've gone mad :woot: If anything has the power to reverse miniaturization, it is a very powerful anti-androgen (we have several) IN SYNERGISTIC COMBINATION with a powerful growth stimulant (we have one mediocre one). We've gotta step up the game in the growth stimulant department.

Ende

Reaction score
Rabid said:
Enden said:
I don't know if I want longer eye lashes either, lol.

Why the hell not? Women (at least in america) absolutely love long eyelashes. Like adore long eyelashes, lol.

Enden said:
That women would risk brown iris for a temporary increased lenght, thickness and improved color of the eye lashes is madness

My point exactly, just goes to show how obsessed with eyelashes women are! They think it's soooo sexy. No, :gay:
lol, I'm sure women can be adorable with those kind of eyelashes, but frankly I think it would look kinda gay on a man (no offence to those who are). People are going to be staring.

Growth stimulants will give anti-androgens a kick. That's true.

Ende

Reaction score
What's the vehicle in Latisse?

Bimatoprost's CAS no. is 155206-00-1. Ask around for a price and minimum order.

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
Think I once asked KAne from KT for a quote, it was $3000 per gram!

If we need a 0.5% solution then we would need 0.5 gram per 100 ml solution. If you would only use 1ml a day, which is not a lot, then it would cost you ~$500 a month....

We need a cheaper supplier!!! $100-150 a month and I'd buy it....
I'll have a look!

Let's keep a list of companies that have been approached, we dont want everyone to contact the same company again and again......

zayin

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to contact a dozen or so Chinese labs for bitamaprost. Please dont do it yourself because we dont want them to become suspicious. I work at a Uni, and it should be relatively easy for me to order the stuff for research purposes. I will keep you updated. If we get a reasonable offer then we can do a bulk order.

Rabid

Established Member
Reaction score
zayin said:
Ok, I'm going to contact a dozen or so Chinese labs for bitamaprost. Please dont do it yourself because we dont want them to become suspicious. I work at a Uni, and it should be relatively easy for me to order the stuff for research purposes. I will keep you updated. If we get a reasonable offer then we can do a bulk order.

Excellent. Good luck. Let us know the response.

finfighter said:
The only concern that I have is that it may have the potential for cardiovascular side effects, especially, when you consider that a higher dose and adminastration area will be needed for scalp application. The reason that I have this concern is because Bimatoprost is used to treat Ocular Hypertension, and it has been shown to cause hyperaemia. According to the Phase I clinical trials, they are monitering the test subjects cardiovascular function by means of electrocardiogram. I wish that the results from Phase I were available, but it is still ongoing...

These results are going to be fascinating. Several things make serious cardiovascular or other problems unlikely. Prostaglandins are produced naturally in the body to have very localized effects. minoxidil on the other hand has powerful systemic blood pressure lowering effects. Systemic absorption from scalp should be much less than eye. Bimatoprost has a short half-life and won't accumulate like minoxidil.

Ende

Reaction score
100 mg equals almost 7 months treatment with 500 mcg a day.

That's $155 if you have a group of 10 people. It's less then you have to pay for 6 months treatment with 5% minoxidil where I live.

This is interesting. What about the vehicle, guys? What did they use in the macaque study?

Ende

Reaction score
They used latanoprost in the animal study, not bimatoprost, but it seems like they're the same type of drug, and produce the same effects and side effects. Are you sure we shouldn't go with latanoprost instead?

About the vehicle
(...) vehicle solution, a mixture of polysorbat 80, 0.5% and bezaltors
that act as potassium-channe l openers, such as konium chloride, 0.2mg/ml, in phosphate buffer solution.
http://www.medicaljournals.se/acta/cont ... 2753600803

A phosphate buffer solution with 0.5% polysorbat 80 and 0.2 mg konium chloride per ml...? The amount of drug was 500 mcg/ml.

Ende

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Enden said:
A phosphate buffer solution with 0.5% polysorbat 80 and 0.2 mg konium chloride per ml...? The amount of drug was 500 mcg/ml.

I think that we could use a similar vehicle to the one used in Lattise.
Without mixing percentages, we shouldn't mess around with it. The latanoprost vehicle could probably be used with bimatoprost too. It's important to use a vehicle which is proven to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.