All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you guys use Loniten for - mono therapy or along with an anti-androgen? Or both? Thanks
Depending on the severity of your hairloss and or if you give a sh*t about side effects. Used with an AA and alpha 5 inhibitor oral minoxidil you should loose no hair. (Everyone is different though)

i stopped spirno I was too paranoid with the potassium side effects I’m not looking into other drugs to lower test levels. I’m now using 0.5avodart daily & 20mg Loniten daily.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depending on the severity of your hairloss and or if you give a sh*t about side effects. Used with an AA and alpha 5 inhibitor oral minoxidil you should loose no hair. (Everyone is different though)

i stopped spirno I was too paranoid with the potassium side effects I’m not looking into other drugs to lower test levels. I’m now using 0.5avodart daily & 20mg Loniten daily.
Thanks for the info - I’m not really wanting to use an anti androgen due to the fact that my beard isn’t finished developing yet. Guess I’m screwed without one. Maybe I’ll get a head tattoo

I’m also not interested in spironolactone or whatever the name is, it scared me lol

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Bro do you still notice hair falling out? Like in the shower etc and if you do how much?

I dont know if the drugs are working then are we not meant to have any hair falling out at all or what.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info - I’m not really wanting to use an anti androgen due to the fact that my beard isn’t finished developing yet. Guess I’m screwed without one. Maybe I’ll get a head tattoo

I’m also not interested in spironolactone or whatever the name is, it scared me lol

Grow it again bro.

I saw some threads on reddit from wives telling that their husband shaved his beard, he refuses to grow it back and all of a sudden they're not attracted to him anymore. One woman even said she started crying when she saw her husband because he looked so different she could barely recognize him, apparently it's that much of a big deal.

I will stick with my heavy stubble/short beard. Definitely makes me look younger and healthier. With the beard I look even younger than my age. Without it I look 5 years older

Bro do you still notice hair falling out? Like in the shower etc and if you do how much?

I dont know if the drugs are working then are we not meant to have any hair falling out at all or what.
At least in regards to normal people, some hair fall is normal. Different resting times and such. Buy a hair catch and put it in your shower drain (I’ve never done this but apparently it’s a thing.) it’s best to do it before starting treatments so you can compare. “More plates more dates” has a video about how to tell if it’s male pattern baldness.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Nah I don’t pay attention anymore bro, I wash my hair 2x a week with shampoo and conditioner. When I comb my hair after the wash there’s a few on the comb but it doesn’t bother me anymore it’s absolutely normal to loose 50-100 hairs daily (apparently)

maybe you should get your dht and test levels checked? Maybe dust giving you that extra % of crushed dht may help bro. Hairloss is a b**ch because you need to hit it a several angles to eliminate certain pathways. There’s a few guys on this site that know which ones to directly hit.
First thing you need to do it’s crush all your dht bro

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
s

try using a topical AA like RU or CB, those should slow your beard development i don't think. As you will still be producing the same amount of hormones. So castor oil, oral/topical min, topical AA is the solution for you atm. Feel like getting a beard tattoo is better than a hair tattoo lol

@Rysteve93 this man ain't about playing with topicals lol. Go hard or go bald.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can find it everywhere online, i bought a liter of cold pressed castor oil for £7 or something on ebay.
You think taking it orally is morw beneficial than applying it topically? Im english but i live in Aus now. Its harder to get over here

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think taking it orally is morw beneficial than applying it topically? Im english but i live in Aus now. Its harder to get over here
Topical will have a hard time getting to your HF, and you want to be having it in your system at all times, do you really want to pour castor oil on your head daily? Oral goes systemic and regulates PGE2 where it is needed. What I do is take 4-5ml orally, split into morning and afternoon, and on the night of micro-needling I apply it topically as well. I suggest you do the same, microneedling is great and the oil will definitely get to your HF that way.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
s

try using a topical AA like RU or CB, those should slow your beard development i don't think. As you will still be producing the same amount of hormones. So castor oil, oral/topical min, topical AA is the solution for you atm. Feel like getting a beard tattoo is better than a hair tattoo lol

@Rysteve93 this man ain't about playing with topicals lol. Go hard or go bal
Topical will have a hard time getting to your HF, and you want to be having it in your system at all times, do you really want to pour castor oil on your head daily? Oral goes systemic and regulates PGE2 where it is needed. What I do is take 4-5ml orally, split into morning and afternoon, and on the night of micro-needling I apply it topically as well. I suggest you do the same, microneedling is great and the oil will definitely get to your HF that way.
Where is the study on caster oil? This is new to me.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
s

@Rysteve93 this man ain't about playing with topicals lol. Go hard or go bald.
I’ve thought about that, but when it goes systemic, wouldn’t it prevent the DHT from binding? Because RU doesn’t actually crush DHT, just prevents it from binding, from my understanding. Plus I’m worried some will get on my beard, either when I sweat or during the night. I actually have some castor oil too but haven’t taken it since I haven’t started anything.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve thought about that, but when it goes systemic, wouldn’t it prevent the DHT from binding? Because RU doesn’t actually crush DHT, just prevents it from binding, from my understanding. Plus I’m worried some will get on my beard, either when I sweat or during the night. I actually have some castor oil too but haven’t taken it since I haven’t started anything.

I wouldn't waste my time and money on RU personally.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think Oral Castor oil and oral min would maintain for a long time? I know they’re not fighting the androgens though...

I wouldn't put my faith in oral min and castor oil maintaining, you need to be using a 5ari, what age are you?

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im afraid there isnt any study that can back up this claim (RU prevents dht from binding without affecting hormones levels)

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im afraid there isnt any study that can back up this claim (RU prevents dht from binding without affecting hormones levels)
You’re saying there is no study that says RU doesn’t affect hormone levels, or that RU doesn’t affect hormone levels?

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
23, turning 24 in February.

Jump on finasteride asap if you value your hair enough to sign up to this site and post then, it is crucial, the most common complaint you will hear is "why didn't i start sooner", give it 12 months and see how much progress you have made or at the very least maintained what you have.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jump on finasteride asap if you value your hair enough to sign up to this site and post then, it is crucial, the most common complaint you will hear is "why didn't i start sooner", give it 12 months and see how much progress you have made or at the very least maintained what you have.
But that will affect my beard development and I’ll still end up going bald later and not be able to grow all I would’ve been able to grow in regards to beard covereage/density. I’m surprised this isn’t much of a concern for anyone in this community. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Last edited:

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
But that will affect my beard development and I’ll still end up going bald later and not be able to grow all I would’ve been able to grow in regards to beard covereage/density. I’m surprised this isn’t much of a concern for anyone in this community. Do you have any suggestions for me?
If you get on finasteride, you shouldn't go bald - that's the point. I still have good hair 15 years after starting on this journey - thanks to finasteride.

I don't even know how much of an impact taking finasteride has on beard development - it's likely not going to make as much difference as you think.