All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re saying there is no study that says RU doesn’t affect hormone levels, or that RU doesn’t affect hormone levels?
RU is untested, we have no proof on much it competes with dht for cytosolic receptor. i would go with drugs that had study behind them and years of documented use
(cb included)

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you get on finasteride, you shouldn't go bald - that's the point. I still have good hair 15 years after starting on this journey - thanks to finasteride.

I don't even know how much of an impact taking finasteride has on beard development - it's likely not going to make as much difference as you think.
What age did you start taking finasteride?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having hair and being clean shaven beats being bald with a beard any day of the week, i know some might not agree though.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having hair and being clean shaven beats being bald with a beard any day of the week, i know some might not agree though.
Well if I could choose at birth I’d probably choose what you said, but being that I’ve grown my beard since high school and it’s been developing more over time, and my hair is an a**h**, I don’t want to mess up my beard development.
What’s your thoughts on PRP?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if I could choose at birth I’d probably choose what you said, but being that I’ve grown my beard since high school and it’s been developing more over time, and my hair is an a**h**, I don’t want to mess up my beard development.
What’s your thoughts on PRP?
At the end of the day it's up to you, doesn't seem like we can convince you lol. 5ARIs in some form are a must to keep your hair and that's that, your choice on when to start using it. Try it for a couple of months and if the beard slows stop. But considering how concerned you are with it your nocebo will convince you of the worst. In terms of PRP, I have yet to hear of anyone who has had any success with it, myself included. I did it after my transplant, and recently had 4 sessions in 6 months. Nothing.

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the end of the day it's up to you, doesn't seem like we can convince you lol. 5ARIs in some form are a must to keep your hair and that's that, your choice on when to start using it. Try it for a couple of months and if the beard slows stop. But considering how concerned you are with it your nocebo will convince you of the worst. In terms of PRP, I have yet to hear of anyone who has had any success with it, myself included. I did it after my transplant, and recently had 4 sessions in 6 months. Nothing.
But it’s pretty certain that finasteride would slow the development or stop it, so what is your recommendation, if any? Also, do you think that it would be an issue if it dried before I went to bed and then it got on my pillow and got on my beard? Thanks for all the help

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it’s pretty certain that finasteride would slow the development or stop it, so what is your recommendation, if any? Also, do you think that it would be an issue if it dried before I went to bed and then it got on my pillow and got on my beard? Thanks for all the help
Like everybody else here, I say start ARIs or AA treatment if you care for your hair. AAs are normally mixed in eth/pg and that sh*t is nothing like min. It will dry in 30 sec, I legit use it to style my hair because it dries almost instantly. If you want to make topical 5ARIs the speed at which it dries will again depend on your vehicle

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Like everybody else here, I say start ARIs or AA treatment if you care for your hair. AAs are normally mixed in eth/pg and that sh*t is nothing like min. It will dry in 30 sec, I legit use it to style my hair because it dries almost instantly. If you want to make topical 5ARIs the speed at which it dries will again depend on your vehicle
Sorry my question was confusing. I was asking which topical one, while being sufficient, is least likely to affect my beard development by its habits when put on the scalp, and does product that is already dry have any type of effect? Like if it flakes off onto my pillow and gets in my beard?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But that will affect my beard development and I’ll still end up going bald later and not be able to grow all I would’ve been able to grow in regards to beard covereage/density. I’m surprised this isn’t much of a concern for anyone in this community. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Your 24 bro there isnt gonna be much more beard development. Your way past puberty years. Around the age of 25 is when our body officially starts dying lol not too sound all depressing and that

OralMinOnlyMaybe

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your 24 bro there isnt gonna be much more beard development. Your way past puberty years. Around the age of 25 is when our body officially starts dying lol not too sound all depressing and that
So I can use oral min for 3 years right, then hop on finasteride? I don’t see an issue with that plan do you? Obviously I’d continue with the oral min after. Plus beards can develop past 30 man, our bodies may die at 25, our joy may have died at 19, but our beard... it only gets stronger man lol. And nose hairs

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you switch to finasteride and stop OM, all the gains you made with OM will be lost. finasteride does not replace min, they work hand in hand via different pathways. Min gains do not stay upon stopping the treatment if that were the case everyone here would be on min. It is a life long commitment just like finasteride. Also start with topical and see if that works, if that's too bothersome then don't bother trying to save your hair. OM is a strong drug, don't underestimate it, it is nearly the last resort drug for people with uncontrollably high blood pressure. In perfectly healthy men it could still very likely cause heart issues with long-term use (3 years is long). Exhaust your options with topical min, add tretinoin, add microneedling.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you switch to finasteride and stop OM, all the gains you made with OM will be lost. finasteride does not replace min, they work hand in hand via different pathways. Min gains do not stay upon stopping the treatment if that were the case everyone here would be on min. It is a life long commitment just like finasteride. Also start with topical and see if that works, if that's too bothersome then don't bother trying to save your hair. OM is a strong drug, don't underestimate it, it is nearly the last resort drug for people with uncontrollably high blood pressure. In perfectly healthy men it could still very likely cause heart issues with long-term use (3 years is long). Exhaust your options with topical min, add tretinoin, add microneedling.
What microneedling regime do you reccomend? Eg what size needles and how often

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who on here has made the switch from finasteride to dutasteride?

Im considering it as i dont think finasteride is working as well as i had hoped.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Who on here has made the switch from finasteride to dutasteride?

Im considering it as i dont think finasteride is working as well as i had hoped.

I made the switch, was on finasteride for about 11 months and was still losing ground, pretty much identical to finasteride in all departments except for weaker orgasms, bit of a crap side to have tbh but one im willing to deal with. If you compare the merck and glaxo stuides you will see the rate of sexual dysfunction is pretty much the same so i think i just got the short end of the straw when it comes to that.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What microneedling regime do you reccomend? Eg what size needles and how often
Follica protocol
@Derelict I got sides from duta 8months after usage so keep your eye on things. You don't know when your body will fail to balance hormones. I will also be stopping OM as this is the third day I am having heart discomfort. Used 5mg for 2 months, and 2.5mg for 1. I am also in perfect health, had a comprehensive cardiovascular health check a year ago, and used to be a competitive swimmer for 5yrs. So my heart is usually in ideal shape.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi brah, is there a risk of acromegaly and rhynophyma with long term usage of 1.25 mg oral minoxidil? this scared me to death

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi brah, is there a risk of acromegaly and rhynophyma with long term usage of 1.25 mg oral minoxidil? this scared me to death
Sometimes you gotta ignore MPMD, that person will be the first and last to experience those sides. Keep taking your M candies until your heart stops, that should be your bigger concern.