All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I been on 2.5mg twice a day for about 6 months. Wondering if anyone has been on the same and then switched to 1 x 5mg a day or visa versa and seen any difference?

I read a study that show 5mg in one go increased the amount of oral minoxidil in the blood by a large amount. Thinking maybe this would increase regrowth

mecevik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I been on 2.5mg twice a day for about 6 months. Wondering if anyone has been on the same and then switched to 1 x 5mg a day or visa versa and seen any difference?

I read a study that show 5mg in one go increased the amount of oral minoxidil in the blood by a large amount. Thinking maybe this would increase regrowth
I’m thinking to start taking loniten pills, too because I think topical minoxidil is not effective anymore and it is causing burning scalp. Did you see any positive effect?

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i have seen some temple regrowth and hair on my body has grown longer and darker. It is a slow process though. Its been about 6 months, i think at the year mark will be better but really 2 years to see optimal results.

Xander94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i have seen some temple regrowth and hair on my body has grown longer and darker. It is a slow process though. Its been about 6 months, i think at the year mark will be better but really 2 years to see optimal results.
are u diffuser or just receeding?

mecevik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it affect facial hair like eyelashes or eyebrows too?

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it affect facial hair like eyelashes or eyebrows too?
In my personal experience yes it affects literally all your hair. Keep an eye on those little vellus hair around your cheekbones lol they can come in pretty bad.

Eyebrows, eyelashes, chest hair, arm hair everything everywhere all affected to varying degrees.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my personal experience yes it affects literally all your hair. Keep an eye on those little vellus hair around your cheekbones lol they can come in pretty bad.

Eyebrows, eyelashes, chest hair, arm hair everything everywhere all affected to varying degrees.
How did it do for the regrowth we are all actually trying to achieve and thats on your head? Lol

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did it do for the regrowth we are all actually trying to achieve and thats on your head? Lol
No regrowth but the miniaturising hair came in thicker and coarser so blocks light a little better. Feels quite dry and strawlike along my midscalp now even though I had always had super fine soft hair. I guess it's an OK tradeoff for now.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think once a day is fine, i take dutasteride and 100mg spironolactone in morning and 100mg spironolactone and 5mg oral min at night

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think has been the most successful out of all of those?

I think everything was going well until i stupidly tried letrozole to get rid of some gyno i had, devastated my hair, im still trying to recover from it.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 5mg daily (1x5mg) since December 2019. It does not work at all for me, seriously. I lost muchh hair since December, it's scary. I am an heavy diffuser. So please don't think it's a miracle treatment on its own for male pattern baldness, it's clearly not without finasteride or dutasteride. It's either cut your balls (finasteride's job) or lose your hair. Cruel world.

Eyebrows and eyelashes are thicker and longer, beard is fuller. I can see obvious collagen destruction on feet and hands (very deep wrinkles) and slight face collagen destruction in the eye area

I will soon add microneedling, but i don't think it will change anything

Oral minoxidil is so useless for me that iam thinking about adding topical minoxidil... Who knows..

Last edited:

lawyeah

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on 5mg daily (1x5mg) since December 2019. It does not work at all for me, seriously. I lost muchh hair since December, it's scary. I am an heavy diffuser. So please don't think it's a miracle treatment on its own for male pattern baldness, it's clearly not without finasteride or dutasteride. It's either cut your balls (finasteride's job) or lose your hair. Cruel world.

Eyebrows and eyelashes are thicker and longer, beard is fuller. I can see obvious collagen destruction on feet and hands (very deep wrinkles) and slight face collagen destruction in the eye area

Oral minoxidil is so useless for me that iam thinking about adding topical minoxidil... Who knows..
sad to hear that , the data on oral min is obviously bs : 90 % of the patients saw improvement ...

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sad to hear that , the data on oral min is obviously bs : 90 % of the patients saw improvement ...
I think the studies are too small and too few. It need a lot more research before they can start giving those kind of statistics.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thats not good to hear.

Have you tried taking 2.5mg x2 daily.

I read a study online that said one 5mg tablet increases the amount of minoxidil in the blood stream 5 times greater than one what one 2.5mg tablet does. Thats why i started by taking 2.5mg twice a day and i can say that since January i have not experienced any of the symptoms you listed. Just worth a try i guess

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it correct the more mg of oral minoxidil you take the possibility of greater results?? (and side effects obviously)

currently used 4 months last 2 months I’ve been using 15mg daily.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it correct the more mg of oral minoxidil you take the possibility of greater results?? (and side effects obviously)

currently used 4 months last 2 months I’ve been using 15mg daily.
I believe so. 15mg a day is a huge amount. 2.5mg to 5mg is reccomended

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe so. 15mg a day is a huge amount. 2.5mg to 5mg is reccomended

Yeah mate it’s huge amount but my blood pressure ect hasn’t changed a great deal.. I know it’s genuine stuff and it’s prescription from doctor.

I’m thinking if I can tolerate side and get decent results of 15-20mg hopefully they can be kept if I was to taper down to say.. eventually 5mg daily.

I’m also thinking of using 16% minoxidil topically I have it on hand.