All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So why does oral minoxidil appear to have more side effects than topical if topical use results in similar levels of the substance in our bodies?
For the same reason i told you above, sulfotranferase enzyme.
sulfation of minoxidil is easier in the liver than in the skin

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did like it for about 6 months maybe even one year then I lost a lot of ground in a few months(diffuse thinning all over). Yes big shed with avodart think a month or two into it.

Do you use dht blocker?
Thats weird that after a year you start to lose ground. Usually at its best in the 1 to 2 year mark.

I use finasteride if thats what u mean?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
People taking oral min should definitely try oral castor oil along with it, the synergy of the two is really good. I haven't been on it that long but i can already see a difference. My full regimen is 0.5mg dutasteride, 10mg oral minoxidil, 200mg spironolactone, 1g NAC and 5ml castor oil, hopefully by december/january i will be where i want in terms of results, my hair still looks like sh*t when wet but other than taking estradiol or something i don't think i will ever recover enough density to look good when it is soaking wet.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started new dosage of 20mg daily, today. Split 5mg morning, 10mg evening, 5mg before sleep.

Don't get greedy and think taking such high dosages will work any better, remember you will be taking oral min for the rest of your life, best play it safe with your heart. As for splitting the dosages i don't think it makes any difference, while the half life is short it works for 72 hours in terms of its cardiovascular effects, im not sure how long it works on your hair though.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not being greedy I’m testing the limits of this drug as my hairloss (growth) medication. Fully aware high dosage can’t be sustained for long durations as it can cause stress in the cardiovascular system. I read in a study the half life of Loniten was 4.5/5 hours while it “may” stay hypostensive for over 24 hours.

Blood pressure has barley changed since I started using Loniten. I don’t think it’s as dangerous as everyone thinks. - in my opinion, I’m no expert at all.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it is fine, just make sure you stay safe when using such high dosages, all the best, hope you get the results you want.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
People taking oral min should definitely try oral castor oil along with it, the synergy of the two is really good. I haven't been on it that long but i can already see a difference. My full regimen is 0.5mg dutasteride, 10mg oral minoxidil, 200mg spironolactone, 1g NAC and 5ml castor oil, hopefully by december/january i will be where i want in terms of results, my hair still looks like sh*t when wet but other than taking estradiol or something i don't think i will ever recover enough density to look good when it is soaking wet.
Have you seen any of Kevin Manns videos on youtube? He talks a lot about hair loss options.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the spironolactone taken orally? Does it have any feminizing effects?

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Why not add prostaglandin protocol or an AA? Not sure if you are microneedling as from your regimen it seems you are only sticking to orals.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is the spironolactone taken orally? Does it have any feminizing effects?

Yeah the spironolactone is taken orally, i have gyno but no feminization of face etc spironolactone is a pretty weak AA but is hopefully just enough to help.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not add prostaglandin protocol or an AA? Not sure if you are microneedling as from your regimen it seems you are only sticking to orals.

Yeah im only sticking to orals right now, want to avoid topicals as much as possible tbh.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Started new dosage of 20mg daily, today. Split 5mg morning, 10mg evening, 5mg before sleep.
Mate, I am curious about going up to that dosage.

Could you briefly go through your experience in terms of better results as you went upward in dosage.

Thanks,
Janey

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinking to add oral castor oil to my regime. Where do you get it from?

phoenix01

My Regimen
Reaction score
oral minoxidil is the most powerful stuff I have ever used (BY FAR), unfortunately for me the side effects were devastating; hairy all over (back, shoulders, back of neck, I had arm hair growing on top of my already existing arm hair, legs, etc...), eyes were perpetually black/purple

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
oral minoxidil is the most powerful stuff I have ever used (BY FAR), unfortunately for me the side effects were devastating; hairy all over (back, shoulders, back of neck, I had arm hair growing on top of my already existing arm hair, legs, etc...), eyes were perpetually black/purple
Just cant have it all.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

the hair growth all over is a very common side effect.

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the hair growth all over is a very common side effect.
Bro i dont think finasteride or oral minoxidil are doing anything for me you know. Im looking back at photos from over a year ago and it the looks the same if not better then