All 5mg Oral Minoxidil Users, Please Read

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha they have got a point mate. I think you gone a bit nuts if you think theres anything wrong with your hairline. It looks near perfectly straight.

Upload a photo of you holding your hair back and maybe we can see some sort of reccession a bit because the photos you uploaded make it look really good.

Attachments

• F49F7ABF-5475-4031-ACB1-C94C3EB3E8F8.jpeg
    F49F7ABF-5475-4031-ACB1-C94C3EB3E8F8.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 202
  • B26C82D0-6FBA-44B3-B79A-515441C45DF3.png
    B26C82D0-6FBA-44B3-B79A-515441C45DF3.png
    400 KB · Views: 200

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah still mate idk it doesnt look like your receeding tbh. Its looks nearly perfectly straight. Obviously you see it better than we do and you know what it used to be. I wouldnt be conscious of it though, looks reslly solid.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Do I remember you saying you had a twin brother who's not using any treatments? I ask because I'm about 6 months into a low dose of oral min and although I'm growing a bit of extra hair, in the back of my mind I'm worrying about collagen depletion. Have you noticed any difference in your skin in comparisson to your brother?

Anyone else have any input into the oral minoxidil and collagen thing? Seems like a very recent worry and I'm not finding any evidence of collagen depletion, just lots of anecdotes. Still, it would be great to find some reputable evidence either way.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do I remember you saying you had a twin brother who's not using any treatments? I ask because I'm about 6 months into a low dose of oral min and although I'm growing a bit of extra hair, in the back of my mind I'm worrying about collagen depletion. Have you noticed any difference in your skin in comparisson to your brother?

Anyone else have any input into the oral minoxidil and collagen thing? Seems like a very recent worry and I'm not finding any evidence of collagen depletion, just lots of anecdotes. Still, it would be great to find some reputable evidence either way.

My skins not changed.
Great results, although your hair is wet in that photo and the other dry which can make a world of difference. I upped my dosage of oral min to 10mg and started 2ml oral castor oil to see if it helps fill in my crown.

..Wet in both photos. My density has increased significantly.

Attachments

• A312747A-1FE0-4DE5-8FB9-28CE6050AA6D.png
    A312747A-1FE0-4DE5-8FB9-28CE6050AA6D.png
    400.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 9D364571-EC7F-4E0C-9126-21428EF9C054.jpeg
    9D364571-EC7F-4E0C-9126-21428EF9C054.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 207

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi my fellow brah , do you think puffy Under eyelid is common side effect on 1.25 mg ? I took 1.25 mg yesterday at night and this morning i have puffy under eyelid... I don't want to be paranoid, but don't want to rekt my eye area ( which is one of my good feature) . I always wake up with fresh eye and have good genetic on this part . I also have to precise that i took 5 mg accutane yesterday ( which can sometimes cause this).

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi my fellow brah , do you think puffy Under eyelid is common side effect on 1.25 mg ? I took 1.25 mg yesterday at night and this morning i have puffy under eyelid... I don't want to be paranoid, but don't want to rekt my eye area ( which is one of my good feature) . I always wake up with fresh eye and have good genetic on this part . I also have to precise that i took 5 mg accutane yesterday ( which can sometimes cause this).

Yeah I get slight puffy eyes, I’ve got them as I’m writing this lol. They go away as the day goes on. Everyone’s different bro, give the medicine a good chance maybe 3-6 months and if your not liking the side effects throughout this period just ease back your dosage maybe you can find a sweet spot or just simply taper back off and quit.

I wouldn’t take less than 5mg a day but.. everyone’s different and each have different sensitivity to medications.

what’s your hair like, can I see?

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah thats a big difference. Is that all from finasteride and oral minoxidil? Thats pretty impressive tbh bro

Nah bro, that picture is when I stopped 1mg finasteride and just started avodart 0.5mg. The second picture is 2 years into avodart 0.5mg and about 5months into 5-15mg Loniten.

how you going with the Loniten mate?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
is the hypertrichosis from lo dosage oral min really bad? can you counteract this with laser removal? or will it come back even after laser session?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
don't want to turn into an ape...
bro i just need to know the exact dosage of minoxidil which comes into the serum with topical minoxidil and oral min at 1.25 ùg dosage.
Because sides and result are correlated with systemic absorption and sulfrotransferase activity in case of minoxidil
It would be way better if we have the exact same amount of minoxidil in the blood but with a pil which avoid all the hassle of the topical

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
don't want to turn into an ape...
bro i just need to know the exact dosage of minoxidil which comes into the serum with topical minoxidil and oral min at 1.25 ùg dosage.
Because sides and result are correlated with systemic absorption and sulfrotransferase activity in case of minoxidil
It would be way better if we have the exact same amount of minoxidil in the blood but with a pil which avoid all the hassle of the topical
hey man can you check your messages

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
is the hypertrichosis from lo dosage oral min really bad? can you counteract this with laser removal? or will it come back even after laser session?

It will go away after you discontinue oral minoxidil. 1mg oral is probably equivalent to 5% topical in terms of results. You could always take 5-10mg oral until you achieve the desired results then switch to topical to keep the hairs on your head and lose the body hair.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
It will go away after you discontinue oral minoxidil. 1mg oral is probably equivalent to 5% topical in terms of results. You could always take 5-10mg oral until you achieve the desired results then switch to topical to keep the hairs on your head and lose the body hair.
you know i want to switch from topical to oral, but given the fact that i used way more than the traitionnal dosage for years, i don't want to take a shed.
I know that oral min is way more effective, but i just want to take a slight dosage to limit the sides. maybe 1.25 mg would be perfect? it would be a huge relief to not be trapped on the topical anymore

UnknownT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh ok. Do you think you made the most gains in that year and a half on dutasteride or in the 5 months with oral minoxidil?

I tried avodart before finasteride actually and i didnt like it i think finasteride worked better. Been on oral min for 8 months now. Onyl 2 months on 5mg though

Joe1111

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any good place to get oral minoxidil? Thailandpharmacy isn't shipping. In house I don't think ships to europe? C

Joe1111

My Regimen
Reaction score
And also I have borderline blood pressure as I am a female, I suffer from low blood pressure, not too low but it's borderline, I've thought about adding 0.50 maybe oral minoxidil. I had no issues so far with topical

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And also I have borderline blood pressure as I am a female, I suffer from low blood pressure, not too low but it's borderline, I've thought about adding 0.50 maybe oral minoxidil. I had no issues so far with topical
Please talk to your doctor about taking OM with low blood pressure, just to make sure. Throughout my research a couple of months ago I did stumble upon a doctor commenting on OM, saying that unless you have an already irregular blood pressure it will do nothing to it. However, I do not know how credible that is, and don't have the link on me so please don't take it as advise. You can also try at 2.5mg and see how your blood pressure is, when I started I measured it every morning and night and suggest you do the same if you take it. Taking 0.5mg probably wont do anything.

Joe1111

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will try 1 mg to be sure an I will monitor my blood pressure. I have 95/65 most days. I m a female so it's a good dosage for me, as we have lower blood pressure.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 @michel sapin
Correct me if i am wrong but all sides from OM are pretty temporary. Puffy eyes/face are from water retention, dark circles are from collagen depletion, and face/body hair from OM. All of these from what I understand return back to normal after discontinuation, assuming its harder to recover collagen production after 25yo though. I will though go back to the threat by idealforehead i think that goes over it.