Aggressive Balding. Zero Loss To Noticeable In Under Three Years

Slid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been off of it since December. I was only on it for 6 weeks which I know is nowhere near enough time for results but the sides I was getting- burning/itching, oily skin, increased libido, depression and panic attacks, shedding, dry brittle hair,complete thinning of hair- no word of a lie I could physically feel my hair getting thinner in the space of a few days around 2 weeks into treatment. I had to come off of it.

My shedding before I started wasn't too bad, I was starting to see more hair around but now it falls out when I run my hands through it which didn't happen before.
Sounds like hyperandrogenicity to me.For me its was quite opposite-large increase in estrogen, which caused things such as brain fog,gyno,muscle and joint pain.If you have money maybe you should try CB-03-01 or OH-flutamide topicals?I mean they are not FDA approved but they are quite safe because a lot of research has been done on them, unlike RU.There are group buys but its still quite expensive,CB-03-01 seems to be great, and with those drugs your serum DHT won't be affected like it would be with either topical or oral finasteride/dutasteride.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like hyperandrogenicity to me.For me its was quite opposite-large increase in estrogen, which caused things such as brain fog,gyno,muscle and joint pain.If you have money maybe you should try CB-03-01 or OH-flutamide topicals?I mean they are not FDA approved but they are quite safe because a lot of research has been done on them, unlike RU.There are group buys but its still quite expensive,CB-03-01 seems to be great, and with those drugs your serum DHT won't be affected like it would be with either topical or oral finasteride/dutasteride.

I'm very cautious of using other drugs now. To be honest I just want to get rid of these sides firstly. It's frustrating when I see people saying reflex hyperandrogenicty or other sides are all in your head.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
“You likely started with Telogen Effluvium and triggered AA. It's a vicious cycle you are perpetuating with the ridiculous amounts of hair drugs you are on that are obviously not working.”

@ScienceofHair

Thanks all for sharing. I’m torn on what do next, as you all no doing nothing is very difficult, I waited about a year and lost a lot of density. When I started the oral minoxidil things got much worse, the Topical Finasteride, has not slowed the shedding. But could the shed persisted much longer than any Telogen Effluvium. Doctor called it a chronic Telogen Effluvium.

Question: How could removing the Finasteride help fight miniaturization? My concern now is that I’m in a loop with rapid miniaturization and a constant shed. The ‘fuel on a fire’ narrative makes sense but I’d like more explanation or ideas as to how that plays out physiologically. My scalp is pristine.

Thanks in advance.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
“You likely started with Telogen Effluvium and triggered AA. It's a vicious cycle you are perpetuating with the ridiculous amounts of hair drugs you are on that are obviously not working.”

@ScienceofHair

Thanks all for sharing. I’m torn on what do next, as you all no doing nothing is very difficult, I waited about a year and lost a lot of density. When I started the oral minoxidil things got much worse, the Topical Finasteride, has not slowed the shedding. But could the shed persisted much longer than any Telogen Effluvium. Doctor called it a chronic Telogen Effluvium.

Question: How could removing the Finasteride help fight miniaturization? My concern now is that I’m in a loop with rapid miniaturization and a constant shed. The ‘fuel on a fire’ narrative makes sense but I’d like more explanation or ideas as to how that plays out physiologically. My scalp is pristine.

Thanks in advance.
Waiting 18 months would have been your best bet.

Sometimes it takes that long to start to turn around in the longest scenarios of Telogen Effluvium, unless it was chronic like in women or people with underlying medical conditions.

The Finesteride does not help fight minaturization in everyone. It doesn't work for some people and will worsen your condition in these cases. This will likely be the case for Duta and any other AA as well.

If all of a sudden you are seeing many more minaturized hairs it will do more harm than good. Switching pharmaceutical meds is poor option here, you are better off dropping them to seek a good holistic approach and stick with it for a very long time.

Last edited:

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been off of it since December. I was only on it for 6 weeks which I know is nowhere near enough time for results but the sides I was getting- burning/itching, oily skin, increased libido, depression and panic attacks, shedding, dry brittle hair,complete thinning of hair- no word of a lie I could physically feel my hair getting thinner in the space of a few days around 2 weeks into treatment. I had to come off of it.

My shedding before I started wasn't too bad, I was starting to see more hair around but now it falls out when I run my hands through it which didn't happen before.
These are all signs of miniaturization. Damage has been done. These meds have the opposite effect on you. Shedding is expected but hair is supposed to come back, and come back in thicker, darker and more healthy in shaft density. You should also pursue the holistic approach and not underestimate the bodies ability to heal it itself. I have personally healed myself from supposed life long permanent health conditions (skin related) by living healthy, researching for the best natural supplementation, and just happily living my life and otherwise forgetting about said problem.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Slid
I agree with you because androgens cause the sebaceous gland to begin overreacting. Like how they found the sebaceous gland to be double in size in androgen alopecia. The extra sebum caused the yeast to multiply out of control. Then inflammation begins from the immune system detecting the yeast on the skin as foreign invaders. The yeast or dermatitis is wrapped around the follicles. When the immune system is on its way to attacking the yeast hair is obviously standing in the cross fire. Not to mention more sebum equals hair soaked in more DHT. The more this stuff kinda makes sense the worse my life sounds.

I have dermatitis as well and currently I am trying to figure out if there is a link between dermatitis and vasodilation.

@ScienceofHair
Yeah I plan on contacting a place today and buying 82m compounded minoxidil. It has a steroid, and other anti inflammatory stuff. I wish somebody that uses it could tell me their thoughts on the compound, but nobody really talks about compounded formulas on here.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Slid
I agree with you because androgens cause the sebaceous gland to begin overreacting. Like how they found the sebaceous gland to be double in size in androgen alopecia. The extra sebum caused the yeast to multiply out of control. Then inflammation begins from the immune system detecting the yeast on the skin as foreign invaders. The yeast or dermatitis is wrapped around the follicles. When the immune system is on its way to attacking the yeast hair is obviously standing in the cross fire. Not to mention more sebum equals hair soaked in more DHT. The more this stuff kinda makes sense the worse my life sounds.

I have dermatitis as well and currently I am trying to figure out if there is a link between dermatitis and vasodilation.

@ScienceofHair
Yeah I plan on contacting a place today and buying 82m compounded minoxidil. It has a steroid, and other anti inflammatory stuff. I wish somebody that uses it could tell me their thoughts on the compound, but nobody really talks about compounded formulas on here.
minoxidil is a gamble, but a calculated risk because it worked for you before even though it was too much for your skin afterwards

I still feel a steroid coumpound is not a good idea because you eventually will cause steroid rebound effects which would not be good. You should get them separately and only use the steroid if absolutely necessary for a short duration if you're going to use it at all.

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These are all signs of miniaturization. Damage has been done. These meds have the opposite effect on you. Shedding is expected but hair is supposed to come back, and come back in thicker, darker and more healthy in shaft density. You should also pursue the holistic approach and not underestimate the bodies ability to heal it itself. I have personally healed myself from supposed life long permanent health conditions (skin related) by living healthy, researching for the best natural supplementation, and just happily living my life and otherwise forgetting about said problem.

Yeah, I agree with everything. Even if it is hard accepting that the damage is done. I still find it hard to believe that it miniaturised all the hair in my head, but I could literally see and feel it happening. The shedded hair doesn't actually seem to be thinner at the root or even the tip, nor are they smaller in size. But almost all have loss pigment.

It would be alot easier to forget about if it wasn't for the constant burning/tingling sensation. I otherwise do live a healthy lifestyle.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope u do go bald u fking pssy. U are 42 and u have no signs of hair loss at all yet ur crying here like a baby for some attention.
Get a grip u fking donkey.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone
Have you had a biopsy to really know what is going on. Your 42 and your hair has thinned within 3 years. I’m 24 and went from a Norwood 2 to a diffuse Norwood 4 within the last 10 months. If you still have coverage after 3 years of thinning you need to step back and take a breath because there are worse situations out there. The hell with your special little boy dermatologist saying it is a chronic telogen effluvium and start getting REAL tested done to know for sure. It’s really pathology and chemistry that saves hair these days.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean you are standing under a very bright light when your hair is soaking wet and parting your hair in a way that makes it look like you are balding.

You never post pictures of your hair when it’s dry...... the one you did showed your hair look stupid thick.
Still have hair guys. That’s the point for any of us. It’s all relative and we are all trying to either slow the loss or rebound. I am losing at fast pace and the meds haven’t help. Looking for ideas and insights which have been helpful. This the thinning on top, dry no product. a year ago this was layered and the hair was black, shedding was the same. Thinning seem uniform on the entire top.

Attachments

• BD934766-D4AC-4C8B-A9E4-CD9C7EC282B9.jpeg
    BD934766-D4AC-4C8B-A9E4-CD9C7EC282B9.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 236

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone

I think the length of your hair is causing you to have panic attacks over shedding and scaring you into thinking you are worse off than you are.Yes you are thinning and your hair is probably not what it was, but it's still good hair considering your circumstances. You need to leave well enough alone and move on, and never underestimate the bodies ability to heal without chemical interference.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bluecyclone

I think the length of your hair is causing you to have panic attacks over shedding and scaring you into thinking you are worse off than you are.Yes you are thinning and your hair is probably not what it was, but it's still good hair considering your circumstances. You need to leave well enough alone and move on, and never underestimate the bodies ability to heal without chemical interference.

It’s the net loss. I took a showe this morning and I had to have lost upwards of 350 hairs, girlfriend even counted. She thinks it’s abnormal. I will end up with my hand wrapped in hair with even a gentle wash.

I just need to stop the damn shed. Could the topical Finasteride be at fault or oral minoxidil? I haven't slowed in either but to someone’s point it could be working if it’s not as externally noticeable.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s the net loss. I took a showe this morning and I had to have lost upwards of 350 hairs, girlfriend even counted. She thinks it’s abnormal. I will end up with my hand wrapped in hair with even a gentle wash.

I just need to stop the damn shed. Could the topical Finasteride be at fault or oral minoxidil? I haven't slowed in either but to someone’s point it could be working if it’s not as externally noticeable.
U don't have male pattern baldness retard american can u not read? Ur on the ssame level as Pigeon , another dumb as fck american.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had two biopsies. Both came back as male pattern baldness. Problem is the chronic Telogen Effluvium which is making this change fast unlike the natural slow progression of normal male pattern baldness. I had a crazy baseline I was lucky AF. Why shouldn’t I be here trying to slow down the change?

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
U have not lost any noticeable hair in the years ur posting here. No matter how much u turn around ur hair in very bright lights. So treatments for male pattern baldness must be working.
If u do have Telogen Effluvium, which could be the case, nobody here can help u with it because treatments for male pattern baldness will not help you at all, but u already know this so what ar eu trying to accomplish here?

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had two biopsies. Both came back as male pattern baldness. Problem is the chronic Telogen Effluvium which is making this change fast unlike the natural slow progression of normal male pattern baldness. I had a crazy baseline I was lucky AF. Why shouldn’t I be here trying to slow down the change?
Drugs made your condition worse, you are too prone to sides now that there is so much activity within your follicles.

I gave my advice but it's your hair, I think cutting off all drugs will net you the best result in the end, but you have to do what's right for you.

Vikesh

My Regimen
Reaction score

The biggest mistake you made was not upping your ferratin levels before starting medication. I’m 25 I have thick hair like you. I started noticing my hair rapidly minutarizing and lost a lot of density quick. My dad has a full head, and my mom has a few brothers who have hair and a few who are bald. I realized I was anemic because I noticed all these tiny grey hairs that would just grow and stop growing and an influx of white hairs. In a matter of 4 months. I’ve been taking these liver and spleen pills on top of eating a ton of red meat. I started shedding minuturized hairs like crazy and have actually seen a bit of regrowth on my temples. I also got a rapid boost in energy. More energy then I have ever had in my life. I have seen hairs fall that start thin and grow thick throughout the middle. My density has increased within the past month, but I’m still shedding purely miniaturized hair. My take is that my body didn’t have the adequate nutrients for hair growth, and once it got it started spitting out these minutarized hairs in order for growth of healthy ones. I might be wrong here or maybe an anomaly, but I think it’s pure bull sh*t that ALL miniaturization has to be mbp. I think In most cases it is, but the biggest mistake is just assuming that it is Always mbp when you don’t have recession in the temple's. Females get miniaturization and hair loss with low iron all the time, why does it have to be hormonal/mbp with men every time?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

And the biopsies came back showing telogen follicles? Is there any inflammation? Have you tried looking at your follicles up close?