Aggressive Balding. Zero Loss To Noticeable In Under Three Years

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only option is 10mg of oral estradiol a day or soon u'll be putting your bald head through a rope.
Seriously... at first I thought he was exaggerating but that 2 year result made me realize he’s right. You’re balding fast bro I’d try something like this since it’s your last chance before you’re scalped

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Yet another fullhead with body dysmorphic disorder posting on a hair loss forum instead of enjoying his life.

Yawn, next.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
you well adjust adults that feel some strange self of value from being worse off will never make sense to me.
But there’s no f*****g way any normal person would not freak out if this is the shed they live with every god damn day. So sorry I’m losing your Norwood Olympics but I’m losing my hair, I’m losing it fast and it is a f*****g nightmare.

Attachments

• CE625DD8-AC6D-4FB6-A484-514C18630CFD.jpeg
    CE625DD8-AC6D-4FB6-A484-514C18630CFD.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 7624DC42-A771-4162-9B3D-F8A3BD52562D.jpeg
    7624DC42-A771-4162-9B3D-F8A3BD52562D.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 142

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
you well adjust adults that feel some strange self of value from being worse off will never make sense to me.
But there’s no f*****g way any normal person would not freak out if this is the shed they live with every god damn day. So sorry I’m losing your Norwood Olympics but I’m losing my hair, I’m losing it fast and it is a f*****g nightmare.
It’s probably heavily stress related. It’s known that people shed like f*****g crazy when they’re stressed, and you’re obviously not healthy atm mentally soooo...

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely not. I took these today after my shower. They are similar because I have taken pictures in the same format for a year after this started in same bathroom to keep track. Difference now is there are a lot more shorter hairs and over all the hairs are thinner. Length hides a lot but the density is fucked.

it is f*****g brutal as I know it must have been for everyone that started losing hair early and while I still have a ‘full head’ There’s no way I’ll keep up at this rate.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the topical finasteride just isn't strong enough to halt your baldness? why not try oral or dutasteride?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think this kind of shed is because of male pattern baldness? That’s what I’m struggling with, doctors are telling me to stop Finasteride altogether because it’s something else. I think it is male pattern baldness and I need to do more to slow it down.

I started .5 propecia a 2 weeks ago so far no sides but ache.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think this kind of shed is because of male pattern baldness? That’s what I’m struggling with, doctors are telling me to stop Finasteride altogether because it’s something else. I think it is male pattern baldness and I need to do more to slow it down.

I started .5 propecia a 2 weeks ago so far no sides but ache.

Can you see your individual hairs getting thinner?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
So apologies for any of the freak out. This just a big change. I think it’s less about the loss or the aging but rather the speed. At 40 with a dense NW0 I sort of thought so had dodge the male pattern baldness bullet.

I was a Norwood .5 a year ago and pretty quickly going to hit a Norwood 1.5/2 diffuse.

I don’t want to make the mistake again of jumping in and off of treatments. As of now I’m a year on topical Finasteride .50 started 1.0 last week. Doubt efficacy and response. Almost 2 years on oral minoxidil. Saw Dr. Robin Unger Thursday in NYC. She’s amazing. Said I was a complicated mix, acknowledged the rate of change and at least gave me three routes to try, continue a Propeica trial, she loves oral minoxidil up to 10mg (I’m in 2.5 and will jump to 5), and to try and get my Ferritin above 70 (mine is 25-40), look at stomach absorption issues. Also said thyroid medication can trigger and accelerate hairloss as much or more than hypo/hyper. I’m going to Shapiro next per her recommendation because she sees this as a rare case with complexing because of the late onset and speed.

Is 3-4 months enough to evaluate whether or not Propecia is helping? I started .5 per day a week ago and was thinking I’d run from now until February 1. My hairline definitely took a hit since starting. I think I can suffer through sides etc. for the sake of a valid test and change to slow this sh*t down. Thoughts? Considered Dutasride trial but worried about an initiation shed.

if you guys have any questions for these doctor’s let em know I’m hitting the top in US and these maintained a good dialogue. I’m done with the Doctors that called this only a Telogen Effluvium. It’s male pattern baldness with a Telogen Effluvium aspect.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize no one gives a sh*t but any thoughts? I have a ton of diffuse miniaturization. My guess is topical Finasteride is useless. Got sold on the Hasson and Wong results. Might be too late.

am I safe to assume that hair CAN miniaturize in a single cycle. Meaning a health 7 inch hair can fall out and the same follicle can produce a miniaturized hair in the regrowth cycle?

brownhair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I realize no one gives a sh*t but any thoughts? I have a ton of diffuse miniaturization. My guess is topical Finasteride is useless. Got sold on the Hasson and Wong results. Might be too late.

am I safe to assume that hair CAN miniaturize in a single cycle. Meaning a health 7 inch hair can fall out and the same follicle can produce a miniaturized hair in the regrowth cycle?

Mate, get off the Finasteride. I could actually see my hair turning lighter and feeling thinner on a daily basis while on it.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was going to try a three month trial on oral and gauge benefit, same mess I will drop it. I’m well over 300 hairs daily. If I lightly brushed my hair I could easily yield 500+ strong normal hair is whispy. Shed hairs are clearly miniaturized.

After three months on Propeica should I see a change in hair quality or slowing of shed? If not is it clear I’m not responding. I’m in a weird place where I’ve gone topical for a year. Lost ground but still look ok, I can see and feel the density. So I’m terrified to drop it if it helpful. Though it could be doing harm.

real questions is can Finasteride hurt when miniaturization is present even if it’s not ‘working’ I’d even try dutasteride at this point but would hope to see some benefit from Finasteride before making that leap.