"A woman can't be in a relationship with a guy she doesn't find physically attractive

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred sorry to tell you this, but any man who carries himself like a MAN, portraying confidence in himself and in his environment would never be told "no wonder you dont have a job and dont have hair" within the first 5 seconds of meeting someone, and if it did happen you should have sucker punched him straight in the face.

It makes sense now, fred, you may be a good guy, maybe even good looking but you are very fragile, people see right through that, thats why people poke at your baldness, a man who owns the room and is comfortable with himself is alot less likely to be subject to this kind of hate. Maybe from friends ya they'd throw you a shot here and there, but sorry to tell you, you probably come off as a huge pussy fred, i mean, just on this forum people could see how insecure you are with yourself.

Can you PLEASE for the love of GOD STOP talking like that ? Like do you think that you sound virile/powerful or something ?

[video=youtube;jk8YmtEJvDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk8YmtEJvDc[/video]

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Parisienne,

I agree on "pussy", but not on "Man", the latter can contrast not just to woman but to boy.

parisienne

Established Member
Reaction score
Parisienne,

I agree on "pussy", but not on "Man", the latter can contrast not just to woman but to boy.

Thanks David for always bringing nuanced opinions, but I still don't agree. This statement relies on the well known gender stereotype that men are not allowed to feel emotions, especially negative ones, that are linked to females (why are you so upset, do you have your periods ?). This kind of speech does not benefit anyone, it just divides and bring people down.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Typical sensitive millenials... stop being such a *** and man up, boys don't cry

Lol see whay I did there?

No but seriously what did you just show me? A video that stated generic things people say to others? You're saying thathat in specific cases you shouldn't be told to "be a man"? Some of these are stupid and sometimes some are good for others to hear.

- - - Updated - - -

Men are supposed to deal with emotions differently than woman. Lol at "are you on your period" statement, how I that separating anyone

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Regarding my hair situation... i was probably fairly in denial about it. I went to see a hair transplant doctor who confirmed that i had diffuse thinning all over (even the back and sides) hemce would never be suitable for a transplant even if i wanted it. In reality in those 7 years the 'V' has got bigger as you would expect and the NW2-3 area is bald but it is see through all over. Like i say...i could choose to take finasteride and probably regrow/keep a fair bit of my hair, but to me a hormone changing drug for life isn't worth it. I shave my head now and while i personally think i look better with hair, the only people who have commented on it are those that knew me for most of my life...others react the same as before and i've been surprised by how little it's affected me.

I disagree that baldness always negatively affects someones looks. I also understand that hair loss can bother you where as other supposed 'defects' don't but it can work the other way around too. My NW7 dad who was very bald in his early 30's said hair loss never really concerned him, but he was self conscious about other things like needing go wear glasses. We all have our insecurities. Sometimes hair is one, sometimes not. It's completely wrong to say that every bald/balding guy out there is somehow dying inside or devastated by it.

- - - Updated - - -

True. Just like when i see a bald guy i don't think anything negative about it, and i know plenty of others think this way.

It's wrong to tell people coming here that baldness will wreck their lives etc, is worse than dying of cancer etc etc, "wait til you're NW6". Not talking about you in particular but i've seen it so many times. It will affect everyone differently.

I never said that every balding guy is devastated by hair loss. In fact, one of my previous closest friends is a bald guy who actually does have a hot wife and apparently does not let hair loss bother him all that much. He even advised me when I initially told him about my own hair loss, and I've saved his e-mails. And he is truly bald too, not a guy who has most of his hair and buzzes it, which is really a massive difference. He's truly lived it (and not let it affect him too badly) and that is why I admire him for it. Unfortunately, I think he is the exception to the rule from what I've witnessed, the exception not the norm. I'm not saying every guy is devastated by hair loss, but I do believe it has negative consequences for most men.

I was out at a couple of bars/clubs last weekend and I did not see any bald men with hot women at all. There are some cases of that (as I stated above), but it is far from the norm. Instead, I saw these vapid, stupid guys with these beautiful women simply because they were very good-looking men. I even know some of these guys personally and they're nothing special, some do not even have a pot to piss in. Most of them had full heads of hair or at least some semblance of a decent head of hair (less than NW3). I am not saying that women always go for good-looking yet stupid men, but looks do really play a role first and foremost when it comes to attracting women, and unfortunately a decent head of hair will (most of the time) look much better than a bald head.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
^ pretty obvs freds a pussy he even grew tits at one point

Really? This is what this thread has come to? It always starts out semi-constructive then just turns into unreadable trash. Let me save everyone some time.

" No girl will ever sleep with you if you're ugly"
"not true, women are sensitive and are interested in more than just looks"
"she's not going to f*ck your personality bro"
" The more she gets to know you the more physically attractive you become"
"Yeah, maybe if you hit the gym brah, but even then, she will see your hair and you will automatically become a weak beta bro"
" c'mon bro, you just need personality, charm and humor bro"
"She can't get drunk and take your charm and humor home and f*ck it bro"
"You obviously have a small d*ck bro!!"
"jbalskjbalskdjflkjbalkjsbdlkajbsdlkjbalksd BLAH BLAH BLAH

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
and... you would be amazed!! my friend dyes her hair regularly because she has like 3 gray hairs. She talks about it constantly. When I told her I was losing my hair, quickly, she literally replied with, "it's just hair". She's also said things like, "stop feeling sorry for yourself, if I even mention it". Then she goes on and on about the SMALLEST physical traits with her own body. Never, ever, ever, expect women to understand this. It's like us understanding pregnancy. Unless they actually have like AA or something, they will not get it.

I have the exact same thing! A good friend who told me that I was overreacting to hair loss yet he does whatever he can to cover up his minimally gray hair. People are oftentimes such hypocrites.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, I had a couple whiskeys and this thread pissed me off. I love you all. I am going to buy an island and start a commune for everyone at HairLossTalk.com, then we can recruit a ton of balding women and never feel insecure again. :puke:

jumpinggreedy

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree that women would always consider a man's physical appearance. I don't think we enter a relationship just because a man is handsome or has a pleasing look. I knew a lot of girls who consider a man's attitude ( loyalty) and maturity in a relationship more than anything else.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
Lol at internet forums wannabee alpha males.

416px-Itg_quarterly_zps2cbcf82c.jpg

internet-tough-guy-magazine-tn.jpg

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Like srsly?You are going to mock real baldness sufferers on hairloss forum? I have yet to see one horseshoe guy who would come here and act like that.Its same old nw2s playing the tough card.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
These sites really exhibit how extremely stupid a significant segment of society really is. I've joked with a friend of mine, saying how I'd love to start a computer virus that wiped out all of these social networking sites and then watch all of these brain-dead morons freak out. Haha.

And David_MPN, I got a good laugh out of those photos. It certain describes some people very well.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol at internet forums wannabee alpha males. You're not tough guys, especially if you're here. Maybe hair loss will make you tougher, but now, under your NW2's...

You just don't know how it's like to be really challenged in life. I do.

"You guys aren't internet tough guys! I'm the real internet tough guy!"

LOL

camilstar

Reaction score
Well i think it depends from person to person i see womens who are atracted by balness man ,dont let this thought to scary you to much who loves you accept you if you lose a litle hair

blackg

Reaction score
In the United States, public transportation comes with a severe social stigma. It's perceived as being for losers only.
Hang on! I can't imagine this to be true for a large metropolis like New York, surely?
Maybe LA, yes.
And "severe" might be too strong a word here, David.

But, damn! Here in Australia, ya'd be crazy to try and drive your car into the city for work.
It just ain't happening.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang on! I can't imagine this to be true for a large metropolis like New York, surely?
Maybe LA, yes.
And "severe" might be too stronger word here, David.

But, damn! Here in Australia, ya'd be crazy to try and drive your car into the city for work.
It just ain't happening.

It does vary between different cities.

My sister who lives in Florida has actually told me that "scumbags take the bus", it's very superficial and delusional of her, but that's the public perception in large swaths of the country. On the other hand in New York or Boston, you need to take the public transit to get downtown.

In New Jersey though, the governor actually tore down a plan to build a train, and attacked on the basis that the poor and the blacks would take it. They'd have no problem building or maintaining bridges for cars though.

A large part of American culture is based on the idolization of the car. Having your own car that you are a slave to is considered a sign of "independence".

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't exist here in Europe. Some people are trying to pretend that it's important to have a car, but who are they kidding?

I have my license and I sometimes take my mother's car to visit my girlfriend, but that's it.

I'm sick of some people telling me I should have a car: "You'll see, the freedom!" What freedom? The freedom to be stuck hours upon hours in traffic jams?!

I've heard some stupid guys say that having a car will impress women, right. They have their own car, only good looks will impress women these days.

I appreciate your rational approach and in general I share your values on the matter, though it really depends on where one lives.

In terms of "impressing woman", I think this may be a feature of American movies and TV from the 60s and 70s, that with a car you could get girls.

I remember once reading an article (maybe 10 years ago) on AskMen.com, of a guy who said he got much better treatment from women the instant he upgraded his hatchback to nice wheels, but I'm pretty sure most articles on AskMen.com were made up.

On the other hand, again, a lot of Americans have a pathology about cars, so I can see some American women being like "na ah, he doesn't drive, buh bye".

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
It starts to make sense why some single men are depressed these days. Anything you do as a man offends some women. Taking the bus is the environmentally friendly way but apparently not the sexy way. I don't think there was been even ONE man in the history of men that said "man, that chick is hot but too bad she takes the bus".