A&G Hair Complex-Growth factors/proteins etc(stem cell tech)

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am now convinced this stuff is crap.
I was reading a thread at that other site (the one I linked to a few posts back) and there are quite a few brand new posters saying they just ordered the product and will post before/after pictures.
SCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAMSCAM

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I guess the good thing is that this company has other products that seem to do well. Now that they're trying to rip us off, those products might go down in flames. Good. They deserve it.

Jacob

Reaction score
ClawShaw..couldn't read your SCAMSSCAMS post all the way through for some reason. I'm using Firefox..maybe that's why.

I can see ppl saying be cautious or even- don't waste your money, let others try it first. No one really knows if it'll do anything yet..so calling it a scam or even the opposite is a little premature, imo.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
"The study involved 72 subjects, both females and males..."

Females? Isnt this for male pattern hair loss???

Reaction score
They added the graph, they changed the font of their writing, they added the youtube video on the testimonials, where are the pics? :dunno:

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Ya I don't think we should discredit the product just yet. Lets see how people on the forum react to it. If it only stops hairloss for a good amount of time rather than adding much regrowth, then in my books, its very well worth it. Until then, we just gotta play the waiting game.

youtube link of guy who's using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ntVzkap ... annel_page

He says that he's got some peach fuzz growth, and stop seeing hair fall after rubbing his head.

JJMD

Reaction score
Hello, I am a brad new member to this forum. I have been closely following this A&G treatment for hair loss. On March 20, I order the product and the next day I had to cancel the order due to what many of you said. There many reason for changing my mined on this

1. The guys head on the pictures are tilted to a different angle in each stages. This is kind of makes me real mad. These people think we are too desperate or too dumb to realized that.

2. The subject they have chosen to claim the effectiveness is one of the worst to give you any idea of the result being promised. How about a damn close up shot of the scalp itself.

3. Just because they have good feedbacks from their other products doesn't mean this one really works. In fact it can be used to persuade millions of hair-loss sufferers to fall in their hands.

4. A product that does work will sell itself but this people are using different tactics that other similar companies used in the past. for instance, the youtube testimony. That is very funny. What kind of musician do you think becomes a lab rat in the medical trial process.

Guys please do not waste your money but it is all up to you anyways, instead of throwing real money to this people, lets fund a potential company to find a real cure. While Histogen employees work for free after working day and night to find the cure, A&G employees collect money by the same old lotion & potion.

I hate to say it but the president of A&G is indian. Indians are after the money trust me too many encounters in the past. They all seem to say "if I have this amount of money I will go back to India"

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score
I absolutely despise those unethical companies that prey on us bald/balding people's misery.

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.pr.com/press-release/140495

A & G Skin Solutions, Inc., a privately owned stem cell therapeutics corporation headquartered in Irvine, CA, USA, announced today the release of A & G Hair Complex, a topically applied serum for the scalp that enhances hair growth and helps prevent hair loss.

A & G Skin Solutions Inc. Releases New Hair Growth Product
Irvine, CA, March 22, 2009 --(PR.com)-- Drs. Ahmed Al-Qahtani and Greg Maguire, founders of A & G Skin Solutions, Inc., a privately owned stem cell therapeutics corporation headquartered in Irvine, CA, USA, announced today the release of A & G Hair Complex, a topically applied serum for the scalp that enhances hair growth and helps prevent hair loss. A & G Skin Solutions' clinical studies of its Hair Complex demonstrated that hair growth in male pattern baldness (Alopecia) could begin to be restored in a matter of days following the topical application of Hair Complex. According to Dr. Ahmed Al-Qahtani, President and Chief Scientific Officer of A & G, "A & G's Hair Complex restores the biochemical properties of the dormant hair follicules to a youthful, healthy state so that hair growth can be renewed." Dr. Maguire, CEO of A & G Skin Solutions, said that "A & G's Hair Complex is an easily applied topical serum that replaces in the bald scalp what was normally present in the youthful scalp when hair growth was prolific." Dr. Maguire also added, "A & G Hair Complex delivers to the bald scalp what was normally present years ago in the normal scalp that allowed hair to grow." Drs. Maguire and Al-Qahtani further stated that Hair Complex has been in development at A & G's research laboratories for the last several years and recently completed clinical trials allowed for the Hair Complex to be released for sale in the US market on 20 March 2009. A & G Hair Complex can be purchased online at: www.agskinsolutions.com. For more information, please email Drs. Al-Qahtani and Maguire at: info@agskinsolutions.com.

Jacob

Reaction score
A press release. One less thing to complain about :whistle:

JJMD...you were believable up until your Indian comment. Besides the fact that there is another Dr. involved with the project..to lump all Indians together like that is ...sad.

And I say "you were believable.."..because I'm just pointing out how easy it is to question ANYbody these days.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Its a shame people have to bash other people when they are trying to help. I think this doctor has good intentions on trying to find another treatment for hair loss. Why "shoot" him down for trying. I think everyone is adult enough on here to make their own decisions. I think we all know this is a big expensive gamble but if someone "wins" out, for that person it was worth taking the chance. If you don't want to buy it then don't. People are constantly saying don't use Propecia, it will destroy your sex life, don't use minoxidil, it will make your hairs dependent for life. No kidding. Its called risk. Some people now have more hair just because they took that risk. To come on here to tell everyone not to buy it is absolutely ridiculous. Let people do their own research and make their own conclusions. If you try this product and it does nothing, I would like to hear about that. But no one yet has even tried it and yet people are saying it can't work. Well wait, I will let you know. Give me at least 6 to 8 weeks to see for sure.

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Jacob and Dr House. I still think it may be tough to judge the effectiveness unless there are a whole wealth of people with zero results. If it works for some, but not for all, people will still bash it. The only real way to find out is to try it yourself. As long as there are at least some positive results based on forum members in a couple months from now, then I'm gonna give it a go.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't have much faith in the product, but it's nice that someone is trying out new stuff. I know that George Cotsarelis and other researchers have figured out a lot about hair loss the last 3 years that probably no one but the inner circle of top phd's know.

Maybe these docs have got some inside info. But after what I have googled, it seems like "La Jolla Institute for Research" is something that they have founded their self, and that's make me kinda sceptic.

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Still sitting on the fence...

I'm still interested in hearing results from the users before I consider purchasing it, I don't think $200 is a lot of money, I often spend more on a night out but i have wasted a fair amount on hair crap already. I can't understand how some people are so sure it's a scam? I mean these doctors must think people are going to get results otherwise it could ruin their reputations and their company? all for a quick buck?

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sending them an e-mail as this product looks to good to be true, but is also INCREDIBLY frustrating when it comes to the photos that they published. Basically, I want to know why they only published two photos out of a study of 72 participants, and additionally why the 2 photos published were not exceptional in any regard. I really hope that they'll respond to me by tomorrow, this does look interesting.

JJMD

Reaction score
Alright folks, I apologizes for insulting one's ethnicity on my previous post. It was unintentional, as a matter of fact I was trying to be funny. Generally speaking getting paid is a smart thing to do.

well everyone on this post have used some kind of hair growing medication or lotion and potion in the past. All what I was trying to point out was, we should be smarter that just believing something just because someone mad a claim that looks and sounds fishy. However people are still trying to convince themselves easily, despite their bad experiences in the past.

Let someone become a gene pig for about thirteen weeks and go ahead and make your conclusion based on real fact. But what was shown in the AG website is far from revealing any tangible information.

Check this out, they are using the word stem cell technology. Yeah, that phrase is the new marketing strategy.

someone said they are not going to mess up their reputation just for the sake of making quick cash. Humm... quick cash? hey provillus is still making millions of dollars a year and all they have is a single pic. And at 200 dollars, even at 50 customers a day will make those people rich.

It is time to launch an organization that collects donation to find a cure for hair loss. Trust me that will do it. Do you know how many millions of hair loss sufferers are able to chip in 20, 50 even 100 dollars. Imagine if Intercytex or histogen is able to raise that kind of money.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is the reply I got back concerning lack of photos:

Dear Ryan,
Thank you for showing interest in our product. We understand your concern and many emails like yours have been passed to the A&G doctors. They are working on addressing the concern. Also, please know that out of the 72 people who were involved in the study, many did not give us clearance to release their pictures. I know there will be more pictures available soon, I just don't know the exact date.

Thank you,

They seem to actually be trying, but that's just IMO

Jacob

Reaction score
Who is behind "provillus" though? Are they Docs or scientists or ? Do they have pictures of themselves up? Can you Google them and see what their backgrounds are and what else they've done? Did they have an existing product that is being sold along with other high-end products(at various sites)..that got decent reviews? Do they respond to emails...do they have a phone # to call? An address one can go to?

I don't know the answers to those questions. Just throwing it out there :whistle:

Jacob

Reaction score
I'm on the fence falling into the gotta-try-it category..so will most likely be posting my experiences with it over the next couple of months.