6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you apply the foam how do you do it and how much roughly?

Do you do it on dry hair?

I target my crown and templates, I have to do maybe 3 squirts of it to feel like I put something towards my hair

agasheiborandomname

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you planning on using finasteride for a lifetime? If you actually stop taking it I would be interested to know if your balding returns. I really like finasteride results but I'm so scared about it's side effects. My father became sterile and impotent.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I'm taking propecia daily. Is this exactly same as finasteride? Sorry to bump your post

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
My nipple sides have eventually disappeared and I'm now on 1mg of Finasteride (began shedding so thought taking the full pill might slow shedding down but no luck do far)

For the past 2 or 3 weeks I've been going through a pretty bad shed mainly on the crown where I've lost a good bit of hair. Must be over 200 a day I'm losing. It's strange as I never had any shedding that I could tell for the first 7 months in my routine so not sure what to make of it. I think if the shed continues for another month or so my crown will be back to where it was when I started.

Anyone else go through this big shed at my stage?

Just ordered :) worth a go. Mate did you apply this just to thinning areas or all over? Only thing I'd find annoying is applying it before styling/putting wax in my hair in the morning. Your before photos are very similar what mine is now but not quite as thin at back and a little less advanced on front

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just ordered :) worth a go. Mate did you apply this just to thinning areas or all over? Only thing I'd find annoying is applying it before styling/putting wax in my hair in the morning. Your before photos are very similar what mine is now but not quite as thin at back and a little less advanced on front

I apply to my crown and hairline where my hair was thinning and receding. The morning is the worst but I tend to wet my hair then style it with mouse and whatever then just apply the foam. I don' go overboard with gel or wax anymore, I use volume powder instead so it's not messy.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Picture taken this weekend Screenshot_20180201-002928.jpg

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you planning on using finasteride for a lifetime? If you actually stop taking it I would be interested to know if your balding returns. I really like finasteride results but I'm so scared about it's side effects. My father became sterile and impotent.

I hope not to use it long term as I don't want to mess about with prostate problems or masking a problem by taking the stuff when older. The hair I gained will fall out and go back to what it was or worse so im ready for that when i do stop although by then hopefully I have enough saved for a transplant.

I'm not sterile thankfully and it's had no effect on my sex life whatsoever.

Reactions: Oro

Oro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope not to use it long term as I don't want to mess about with prostate problems or masking a problem by taking the stuff when older. The hair I gained will fall out and go back to what it was or worse so im ready for that when i do stop although by then hopefully I have enough saved for a transplant.

I'm not sterile thankfully and it's had no effect on my sex life whatsoever.
Why prostate problems?

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
I cannot get over those results Scottio- you must be so pleased! Your hairline looks like its back to normal. If I get any hairline back, I will be extremely pleased. Like you, I had a hair transplant on my mind and might hold it off for the future depending on if I see any results from this

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
When was the last time you reckon you had a hairline like that?! Just out of interest

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why prostate problems?

Well since its used to shrink enlarged prostates it can mask problems that would flag up earlier meaning a more advanced problem when you catch it if on the medication.

Reactions: Oro

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love stories like these. Gives me some slight hope. Keep it up mate and thanks for sharing. If I see any gains, then I will definitely be sharing

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I love stories like these. Gives me some slight hope. Keep it up mate and thanks for sharing. If I see any gains, then I will definitely be sharing

Thanks, I wanted share it because I didn't believe the possitive things I saw before I started so wanted people to know it can work given time. I know everyone has different experiences but hopefully you will see some results.

18Spalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
firstly congrats on the success, i'm a similar age to you so hope i get the same results. I have two questions for you:

1. have you seen your shedding reduce over time with the ongoing minoxidil use or do you think it will remain the same as long as you use it?

2. if you are based in the uk where do you get your finasteride from?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
firstly congrats on the success, i'm a similar age to you so hope i get the same results. I have two questions for you:

1. have you seen your shedding reduce over time with the ongoing minoxidil use or do you think it will remain the same as long as you use it?

2. if you are based in the uk where do you get your finasteride from?

My shedding was hardly noticeable for a while but after 7 months it's been pretty constant and heavy, I have no idea why after I didn't see much to begin with.

I get my finasteride from med express which is a verified online pharmacy from UK.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score
that's the thing...I've been reading and thinking are these posts actually real as it seems too good to be true. Keep the posts up mate as I always see people disappear which is probably a good sign as they are no longer worrying about losing their hair