6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, what an amazing result!! You must be very young?

I'm on finasteride since 4 months with 0 results, may i'm too old for finasteride ;(
Im 30. My hair probably started to shed around 23 but I had quite a fair amount of it so I didn't really notice it getting bad until around 4 years ago but tried to ignore it until it became too obvious.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few more that I couldn't upload before the lighting is a bit better in one or two.
20170611_231342.jpg 20170611_231304.jpg 20170611_231223.jpg View attachment 54801

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Developed itchy left nipple 2 weeks ago thought nothing of it for first few days but after lowering to .25mg (or as close as i can be when trying to cut them up) it took it away then several days later I went back to my usual .5mg and it is back.

I know that can be a sign of gyno and just annoyed after 6 months I get a serious side. My worry is taking .25mg takes the sides away but will that also mean it's not working on the hair like the higher dose?

Not really sure what to do, looked into topical finasteride but it's dearer and who knows the long term effects since its not FDA approved yet.

Bummer eh?

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, your results are awesome. Something tells me most of your results are from the minoxidil anyway, so maybe you'll be fine if you decide to drop the finasteride. Could it be in your head? I started looking for sides BEFORE starting finasteride, and experienced them - just to prove to myself that you'll notice anything if you're paying more attention (haven't experienced actual sides on finasteride).

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, your results are awesome. Something tells me most of your results are from the minoxidil anyway, so maybe you'll be fine if you decide to drop the finasteride. Could it be in your head? I started looking for sides BEFORE starting finasteride, and experienced them - just to prove to myself that you'll notice anything if you're paying more attention (haven't experienced actual sides on finasteride).

Pretty certain it's genuine as it woke me up at night. It's strange how it came on but the I have had hives from it that I was just ignoring really as it was something I could live with.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
did you shed a lot at the beginning of treatment ? on your crown ?

Yes and I'm going through another shed just now too mainly in the crown. After my initial shed it thickened up quite a bit on top. I'm not sure if the shed was due to finasteride or the minoxidil, possibly both?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not huge I'd say my shed now is more. My towel has a fair amount after showering which is daily. I'd say around 40 odd hairs each time.

This is my first shed since maybe month 2 of starting.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok , do you attribute most of your crown recovery to minoxidil?
i wan't to start the minoxidil ( already on propecia) , but my crown thinning is really small , and i am afraid to make it worse with the shed .

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you shed it's usually a good sign of things working from what I have read and seen.

I'm not sure which is responsible for the shed since I started both at the same time and have taken both daily since then. If you are worried about the crown then maybe try some minoxidil at the temples and see how that reacts first?

I can only say the combination has worked this far for me and I'd reccomend using both.

Reactions: Oro

AIH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have sides from minoxidil like more wrinkles and dark circles under eyes?
I take fina 0.5 a day and my face has aged rapidly over 8 month's.
I too have an itch in my left breast, mostly in the morning or if I go to bed.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have sides from minoxidil like more wrinkles and dark circles under eyes?
Nothing I can think of from minoxidil but it's only percent Kirkland foam I use.

Going through a bug shed just now but that could be due to the finasteride or min....maybe both

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's the stress of hairloss that's aging you

AIH

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe it's the stress of hairloss that's aging you

Nope, I have hairloss for 10 years, the last 8 month's my skin got terrible the same time I starting use fina.
If I quit for a week my sunken eyes and dry skin gets a little better.
To be sure I did this several times. I see people have this too the 'moon face'.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, I have hairloss for 10 years, the last 8 month's my skin got terrible the same time I starting use fina.
If I quit for a week my sunken eyes and dry skin gets a little better.
To be sure I did this several times. I see people have this too the 'moon face'.
I've heard minoxidil can age the skin but never heard finasteride can. the dry skin is probably from reduced sebum, maybe try some moisturizers?