6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Bryn Hammond

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 30. My hair probably started to shed around 23 but I had quite a fair amount of it so I didn't really notice it getting bad until around 4 years ago but tried to ignore it until it became too obvious.

Hi Scott.

Did you shed while on the medication?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My nipple sides have eventually disappeared and I'm now on 1mg of Finasteride (began shedding so thought taking the full pill might slow shedding down but no luck do far)

For the past 2 or 3 weeks I've been going through a pretty bad shed mainly on the crown where I've lost a good bit of hair. Must be over 200 a day I'm losing. It's strange as I never had any shedding that I could tell for the first 7 months in my routine so not sure what to make of it. I think if the shed continues for another month or so my crown will be back to where it was when I started.

Anyone else go through this big shed at my stage?

Bryn Hammond

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not for the first 7 months as per above mate. Just recently it's beginning to shed at a dramatic rate

Its pretty scary ive bought off ebay some E-oil which claims to stop temple recedding so im apply that the shed is awful and very depressing makes you want to toss the towl in.what i av noticed on here is people talk about the negative side effects and the sheds then vanish and never reply again so im hoping this means the downsides have stopped and there minds are at ease so no longer use the site. Well thats what im praying.

g.i joey

Reaction score
My nipple sides have eventually disappeared and I'm now on 1mg of Finasteride (began shedding so thought taking the full pill might slow shedding down but no luck do far)

For the past 2 or 3 weeks I've been going through a pretty bad shed mainly on the crown where I've lost a good bit of hair. Must be over 200 a day I'm losing. It's strange as I never had any shedding that I could tell for the first 7 months in my routine so not sure what to make of it. I think if the shed continues for another month or so my crown will be back to where it was when I started.

Anyone else go through this big shed at my stage?

I'd attribute this shed to the period where you were taking .25mg when you were worried about sides, stay consistent on 1mg and I doubt you'll permanently lose any ground.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still shedding and it' not really halted.

Still on 1mg finasteride and the Kirkland minoxidil foam. 20171126_135620.jpg 20171126_135640.jpg 20171126_135702.jpg

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
God damn man, good for you. I'm almost at my 5th month of minoxidil foam and having a decent result, but nothing like yours!

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just keep with it would be my advice.

I wish I knew about finasteride a few years ago and maybe I'd have even better results but I'm delighted with the progress so far. It' saved me a fortune as I was so close to a FUE

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride and Minoxidil since January this year and this is the progress I have made so far.

Update from 03/07/16 lowering my dose to around .25mg a day due to sides View attachment 56708 View attachment 56709

Great f*****g job. You did grow hair back. The best part about your routine is that it was cheap!
Just goes to show people you don't have to pay a lot for regrowth (although I do..).

Now, the interesting part, will you be able to keep that hair at 0.25?

Keep us updated!

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great f*****g job. You did grow hair back. The best part about your routine is that it was cheap!
Just goes to show people you don't have to pay a lot for regrowth (although I do..).

Now, the interesting part, will you be able to keep that hair at 0.25?

Keep us updated!

Thanks.

I'm on the full 1mg now since I was shedding pretty bad but still shedding. No sides now really either so all ok so far. I pay around £20 for 3 months of finasteride and maybe £30 odd for a 3 month supply of foam. So its not breaking the bank. I could probably get the fun cheaper but never had a problem with supplier. Maybe a FUE down the line as no one wants take this stuff long term

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like your crown has had a full recovery would you agree? do you use topic or anything like that?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like your crown has had a full recovery would you agree? do you use topic or anything like that?

Not a full recovery, it's still pretty thin especially in certain lighting but has thickened up a lot compared to this time last year. The most improved area is my hairline which was surprising as most see the best results in the crown area with little success in the hair line.

No not using toppik as id be too wary of it running when it's raining ect.

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a full recovery, it's still pretty thin especially in certain lighting but has thickened up a lot compared to this time last year. The most improved area is my hairline which was surprising as most see the best results in the crown area with little success in the hair line.

No not using toppik as id be too wary of it running when it's raining ect.

Hey Scottio what results you have is what I dream of to get back my confidence - I'm on finastride 1mg a day now for 3 weeks - I'm not happy with what I see, can you take a look at my thread and tell me what you think I should do? I hope it comes back like yours so I can wear my hair up just like you and like i used to - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-hate-my-temple-area-trying-to-fix-it.110326/

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've been on finasteride and Minoxidil since January this year and this is the progress I have made so far.

Routine is 0.5mg generic finasteride daily, Kirkland Minoxidil foam twice a day and 3 times a week Nizoral shampoo.

View attachment 53790 View attachment 53791 View attachment 53792 before I started

View attachment 53793 View attachment 53794 View attachment 53795 and today

Update from 03/07/16 lowering my dose to around .25mg a day due to sides View attachment 56708 View attachment 56709

You say you use Nizoral 3x a week, what about the other 4 days of the week?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Scottio what results you have is what I dream of to get back my confidence - I'm on finastride 1mg a day now for 3 weeks - I'm not happy with what I see, can you take a look at my thread and tell me what you think I should do? I hope it comes back like yours so I can wear my hair up just like you and like i used to - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...-hate-my-temple-area-trying-to-fix-it.110326/

Hi mate.

Your hair is in far better shape than mine was when I started so I'd be thinking in 4 or 5 months you will be seeing some great results.

3 weeks is way too early and you shed early on (well I didn't but I shed tons now everyday) so it will feel like you are losing ground when you really aren't. Ride it out for a few months because it took me a few before I started to see any difference at all. Try not to look at it everyday as in your temples, I know it's hard but it's just going to play on your mind.

So long as you take the tablets and apply the foam to the temples twice a day you will be ok. I think your results could be great since you've caught it early enough unlike me

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and add in Nizoral shampoo 3 or 4 times a week. I'm not sure what it does but I've done it from the start after reading it on here

londonhairlossvictim

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and add in Nizoral shampoo 3 or 4 times a week. I'm not sure what it does but I've done it from the start after reading it on here

Thanks for the tip. I think Nizoral is just a scalp treatment shampoo which I need as I see a lot of dandruff recently. I got already Regenepure which is moreless the same thing. When you shampoo with Nizoral, do you massage it in and then stand in shower for about 5 minutes? To let it sink in?

I am using Kirkland 5% but I have the solution method and apply it everywhere, temples and scalp.

I shower everyday so I'm doing Regenepure 5x a week (But I don't leave it on for 5 mins, maybe 2 mins max.) then 2 days a week I use Revita and an Argan Oil based conditioner