6 Months finasteride And Minoxidil - Progress So Far

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's the hair at the moment mate?

Yeah everything still going well thanks. Feels a bit thicker lately but that may be a seasonal thing
20180325_113514.jpg
20180325_113340.jpg

Those are just after applying minoxidil in morning so hairs a bit messed up

Last edited:

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fantastic result, but I would have just started with finasteride alone. Minoxidil can lose its efficacy for some very quickly, quick regrowth then a few months down line, all gains lost.

Minoxidil is volatile, it is effectively a chemical wig.

Best of luck!

It's all a chemical wig really though isn't it? finasteride and minoxidil. As soon as you stop taking them you lose the whole lot you gained and re grew.

Jambo

Reaction score
I know you said you didn't see any significant changes until after 4 months but when did you first realise you're regimen had some effect, however minimal?

What and when was the first sign something was happening?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you said you didn't see any significant changes until after 4 months but when did you first realise you're regimen had some effect, however minimal?

What and when was the first sign something was happening?

After about a month I noticed when drying my hair there wasn't loads of hairs left on the towel that was my first ckue although that is happening now as I'm in a constant shed it seems. After about a month to maybe month 9 I stopped shedding.

Jambo

Reaction score
After about a month I noticed when drying my hair there wasn't loads of hairs left on the towel that was my first ckue although that is happening now as I'm in a constant shed it seems. After about a month to maybe month 9 I stopped shedding.

What about the first sign of any regrowth?

Thanks for your reply.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When did you start to see results on your temples? When you were 2/3 months into finasteride did you see any results? Im two months into the same regiment and my hairline is still receding.

About the 4 month mark although for me I had early results. Many people from reading about finasteride don't see results until 6-12 months so it's best giving it the full year before deciding on different measures.

curiousone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow you have had a true transformation. Amazing.
I am 37 and been on finasteride for 16 years. I dont think it regrew any hair but maybe has been a factor in me maintaining the majority of my hair. I have recession at my temples. I have just started using minoxidil for the first time so its great to see your progress right at this point in time.

I am not sure if I will be able to handle shedding. Hopefully I dont get this side effect. I have never been a shedder in general. The recession has happened through miniaturization but very limited and extremely slow shedding caused it, so slow that never noticed. Only noticed the recession. Hopefully that carries on with this treatment.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
About the 4 month mark although for me I had early results. Many people from reading about finasteride don't see results until 6-12 months so it's best giving it the full year before deciding on different measures.

I am happy for you, I really am.

I really think you will continue to get good results, because you treated your hair loss early.

Best of luck to you.

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I'm taking finasteride1mg ED for almost 3 months
I saw some improvement in density initially but now after 3 months I'm shedding like crazy and my hairline has thinned out a lot
Is it the regular finasteride shed or something else

Has anyone faced shedding after 3 months of finasteride??

Please reply

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I'm taking finasteride1mg ED for almost 3 months
I saw some improvement in density initially but now after 3 months I'm shedding like crazy and my hairline has thinned out a lot
Is it the regular finasteride shed or something else

Has anyone faced shedding after 3 months of finasteride??

Please reply

Shedding is common in the early stages, every second story i read someone has it.

I'm 14 months in and shed like crazy now but didn' shed for the first 9 months of finasteride so everyone is different.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow you have had a true transformation. Amazing.
I am 37 and been on finasteride for 16 years. I dont think it regrew any hair but maybe has been a factor in me maintaining the majority of my hair. I have recession at my temples. I have just started using minoxidil for the first time so its great to see your progress right at this point in time.

I am not sure if I will be able to handle shedding. Hopefully I dont get this side effect. I have never been a shedder in general. The recession has happened through miniaturization but very limited and extremely slow shedding caused it, so slow that never noticed. Only noticed the recession. Hopefully that carries on with this treatment.
Any side effects in those 16 years?

Warlord2.0

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Scottio,

You have had great results,congratulations!I hope you enjoy your new hair man.
I have a question for you please:
Do you remember what happed exactely in the month between 5 and 6 months?
I mean did you notice if the new growths were coming in faster or things were coming in with the exact same rythm as growth started at month 4.
It will be very helpful.thnks

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did u notice any decline in results when going down to .5mg finasteride?

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Scottio,

You have had great results,congratulations!I hope you enjoy your new hair man.
I have a question for you please:
Do you remember what happed exactely in the month between 5 and 6 months?
I mean did you notice if the new growths were coming in faster or things were coming in with the exact same rythm as growth started at month 4.
It will be very helpful.thnks

Thanks.

Round about 4-5 months is when the hairline began filling in and it grew just at the same pace as my other hair on top. Back and sides grow the fastest though.

Scottio19

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did u notice any decline in results when going down to .5mg finasteride?

Well I started on 0.5mg for the first 8/9 months and that's where my regrowth came in from in the pics. I am now on 1mg just for ease instead of splitting tablets and because I wanted to make sure I got best from finasteride.

No notable difference from doses, I did have minor sides when I dropped down to .25 but only for a few weeks then jumped on 1mg.