5 month results w/Miconazole Nitrate + Minoxidil - photos

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
smitysmity said:
Rogazzle said:
If you are talking about Nizoral Shampoo - it won't be nearly affective as a cream based 2% ketoconazole leave-in topical.

Don't know where to get it, never used it. Check ebay.

Nizoral 2% Shampoo isn't as effective as 2% keto Shampoo. I assume the same applies for Miconazole Shampoo compared to Miconazole Cream.

Nizoral shampoo *is* keto shampoo.

I know this. I have been using the product for many years. That's now what I asked, but I found the answer on another forum.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
thinninghairsucks said:
well if you read what i said ...

why ask why ?

are you not scared of loosing the regrowth.

Nope. In fact I expect only an *acceleration* of regrowth.

Remember that I'm not currently using an 5Ar inhibitor or a DHT antagonist in my regimen.

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
So you can get cancer if you use this stuff too much? Carcinogenesis? I just put some on for the first time.... I guess I won't be using this regularly. Not worth the risk.

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
NES said:
So you can get cancer if you use this stuff too much? Carcinogenesis? I just put some on for the first time.... I guess I won't be using this regularly. Not worth the risk.

It's not nitrates that are worrisome, it's conversion of nitrate to nitrite and then further to carcinogenic nitrosamines. Typically from high temperature cooking or even from reactions to stomach acid.

"While nitrates themselves don't cause cancer, they can chemically react to become nitrites. This changes the chemical formula of the salt to NaNO2. Nitrites are more reactive than nitrates, and in particular, can react with nitrogen-containing molecules called secondary amines. A secondary amine is a molecule with two carbon atoms attached to a nitrogen atom; they're the major components of proteins, explain Drs. Reginald Garrett and Charles Grisham in their book "Biochemistry." Nitrosamines

When you eat bacon or other meat preserved with sodium nitrate, your body automatically converts some of the nitrate to nitrite, which then reacts with chemical components of the meat to produce compounds called nitrosamines. The nitrosamines are carcinogenic, notes a publication by the Linus Pauling Institute, which means they have the ability to cause cancer. While the cancer risk was first proven in rats, increased incidence of human cancer with exposure to nitrosamine strengthens the correlation."

www.livestrong.com/article/295412-sodiu ... Telogen Effluvium-cancer/

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't believe the lack of feedback on whether Miconazole Nitrate applied to the scalp promotes cancer or any other health concerns. I know this treatment is new but it appears there are only a few that care about whether it is harmful or not?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
timallen45 said:
I can't believe the lack of feedback on whether Miconazole Nitrate applied to the scalp promotes cancer or any other health concerns. I know this treatment is new but it appears there are only a few that care about whether it is harmful or not?

^^ Women shove the stuff up their c*nts, why would it cause cancer? And why would such a drug make it passed safety trials? Are you really this stupid?

There is a possible concern, but it's micro-minimally insignificant used in moderation. I'd be 100X more worried about putting spironolactone on my scalp.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spironolac ... nogenicity

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been to kroger and walmart to look for this junk. I found the 4% miconazole nitrate but which one... there monistat 3 or kroger brand 3 that has it. there is monistat 7 that has it... some have added things to them.... which one guys?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Rogazzle said:
timallen45 said:

^^ Women shove the stuff up their c*nts, why would it cause cancer? And why would such a drug make it passed safety trials? Are you really this stupid?

There is a possible concern, but it's micro-minimally insignificant used in moderation. I'd be 100X more worried about putting spironolactone on my scalp.

You're an obnoctious little f*ck. Someone should give you a good smack

I'm an obnoctious little f*ck growing hair and boning married wives.

So save it, superhonky.

Rogazzle,

Paramour.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score

Megadeth

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
I'm an obnoctious little f*ck growing hair and boning married wives.

So save it, superhonky.

Rogazzle,

Paramour.

Yeah, they really dig black knuckle hair. :dunno:

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
why all the hostility towards rogazzle?

yes, his form of humor is witty and some might interpret it the wrong way but i for one like it.

let's not forget he has taken out the time to document his progress for us and post some really good pictures of his hair, how he applies his regimen, etc.

rog....high five yo

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
monty1978 said:
Rogazzle said:
timallen45 said:

I sometimes wish this forum had a like button.

Rogazzle you're not the only person in the world who's grown hair and you're not the first to try mico, so stop talking to people like they're pieces of sh1t.

In terms of the issue at hand and it passing safety trials what length of use where the safety trials for? The kind of length you're proposing. has anybody tested it even for megadosing? These are not stupid questions to ask, so again stop belittling people.

Unless you have good reason to for example ...

Vioxx is a drug which passed it's safety trials, why would such a drug make it passed (sic) safety trials , Are you really this stupid?

smitysmity

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
it's micro-minimally insignificant used in moderation.

Has anything changed recently? Are you still using it the same amount of times a week?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
^^ My regrowth is longer and blending naturally into my hairline.

But I'm weaning myself off as I move into Finasteride.

Reaction score
I've been using 2% mico once a day 4-5x per week for about one month. I realize this cannot be used permanently. How long/frequently have people used this stuff before stopping it?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
sir chugalot said:
monty1978 said:

I sometimes wish this forum had a like button.

Rogazzle you're not the only person in the world who's grown hair and you're not the first to try mico, so stop talking to people like they're pieces of sh1t.

Considering the majority of people are like locusts feeding on others contributions without researching or submitting any supportive data for themselves, they deserve to be treated as such.

In terms of the issue at hand and it passing safety trials what length of use where the safety trials for? The kind of length you're proposing. has anybody tested it even for megadosing? These are not stupid questions to ask, so again stop belittling people.

Unless you have good reason to for example ...

Vioxx is a drug which passed it's safety trials, why would such a drug make it passed (sic) safety trials , Are you really this stupid?

How long has Vioxx been on the market? How long has Monistat been on the market? Are you really *really* this stupid?
lolsdu.gif

Also nitrate doesn't cause cancer, it's a precursor to sodium nitrite. Sodium nitrite doesn't cause cancer, either, it's a precursor to nitrosamines. Nitrosamines are implicated in certain forms of cancer.

Nitrosamines can form from sodium nitrite (a preservative in your favorite sandwich meats, bacon, hot dogs, corned beef, jerky, spam etc etc.) during high temperature cooking and even reactions to stomach acids. Stomach, colon, pancreatic cancer much?

Also one 25g tube of Miconazole Nitrate lasts (me) over 12 applications spanning several weeks. It's 4% Miconazole Nitrate to which a small fraction of that 4% is absorbed into the blood stream which gets excreted. You'd receive a f*ck ton more exposure to nitrates taking any common variety of cardiac angina nitrate tablets in comparison.

There *is* a legitimate worry for systemic nitrate absorption, even I was aware of it and switched to clotrimazole (which actually did nothing, it was the nitrate version after all). But after additional research, I found the worry of little concern for the amount and the frequency that I was using.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
stanleysteamer said:
I've been using 2% mico once a day 4-5x per week for about one month. I realize this cannot be used permanently. How long/frequently have people used this stuff before stopping it?

Have you seen any regrowth or a quickening of growth from existing hairs? Use it as long as you need to. Nobody can make that decision for you.

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
How long has Vioxx been on the market? How long has Monistat been on the market? Are you really *really* this stupid?

There's a difference between something that's been out a long time and only previously been used short term, and something that's been out for a short time and is designed to be used long term.

I was really making the point that you can't rely on trials and especially ones which haven't even been performed, long term tests on the carcinogenesis of mico have not been performed, what makes you think the sole reason it could be carcinogenic could be the nitrates? Long term studies on the interactions of mico with other drugs have not been performed.

Keep putting your hands over your ears or throwing off diversions when people ask important questions, if you keep stifling debate by calling people idiots because they raise questions you don't know the answer to or don't have the patience to answer you'll be the one losing out and that applies to fanboys of all drugs.

Even if you had a reason to be dismissive of 'the leaches' (this board is about sharing and support btw), even if they were wrong to ask the questions (which they weren't), your self belief in your answers does nothing for the noble pursuit of science on these boards, and your attitude could put off other people joining the boards or asking the right questions.

I've seen how you treat people on this and other forums, you're a bully and nothing else, thing is there aren't many people willing to be victims round here.