5 month results w/Miconazole Nitrate + Minoxidil - photos

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Rogazzle! I didn't think so. Now my question is.. propyglycol is the main delivery vehicle for rogaine foam were as regular minoxidil is alcohol more so?

I was thinking about applying my rogaine foam mornign and night then adding monistat 7 every other night after it dries. I am not a chemistry major at all nor have taken anything more than intro to chemistry and physics in high school. Currently in college and my science class was geology and I hated that.

In the past I tried propecia and it wasnt for me... i also tried topical spironolactone for 4 months and nothing. I bit the bullet October 20, 2010 and started rogaine foam 2x daily and nizoral 1% shampoo every couple days. Shedding was awful for 2-3 months then January I could see great regrowth and shedding stopped then around beginning of March shedding began again and now I am shedding like crazy! so scared its not going to come back. I hope it is just shedding and is gonna come back thicker... :-/

DarkDays

Reaction score
Hoppi: If you're going to use Spironolactone you can just go straight ahead and start taking estrogen like myself. spironolactone is not to be taken lightly and I find it funny that anyone who wants to remain a man is seriously considering spironolactone in their regime.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
brandnew said:
Thanks Rogazzle! I didn't think so. Now my question is.. propyglycol is the main delivery vehicle for rogaine foam were as regular minoxidil is alcohol more so?

I was thinking about applying my rogaine foam mornign and night then adding monistat 7 every other night after it dries. I am not a chemistry major at all nor have taken anything more than intro to chemistry and physics in high school. Currently in college and my science class was geology and I hated that.

In the past I tried propecia and it wasnt for me... i also tried topical spironolactone for 4 months and nothing. I bit the bullet October 20, 2010 and started rogaine foam 2x daily and nizoral 1% shampoo every couple days. Shedding was awful for 2-3 months then January I could see great regrowth and shedding stopped then around beginning of March shedding began again and now I am shedding like crazy! so scared its not going to come back. I hope it is just shedding and is gonna come back thicker... :-/

I never studied Rogaine® Foam. I think it's whipped into a foam using some kind aerating emulsifier. It probably has an added whipping agent in its ingredients. Beyond that, I don't know, I'm not a customer. But i'm sure its basics hasn't changed.

Re: shedding

http://www.minoxidil.com/subpages/journal_articles/shedding.html

Hoppi

Reaction score
Not ORAL spironolactone DarkDays! lol :)

Topical spironolactone. I have just been using the 5% cream from Dr Lee on my hairline on and off for a while, as well as minoxidil and folligen. Just intermittently, but recently I've been doing it more regularly because although I am one to go for the health approach, I don't want to take chances or watch my hairline disappear lol

Interesting about the carcinogenicity of spironolactone though.. I didn't realize that!

Perhaps I will switch to mico and minoxidil like you rogazzle, once my spironolactone has run out :)

For now as I say it's just on my hairline, but I may start using it all over if I decide I just want to see results NOW and ensure that my hair stays together!! heh :)

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
brandnew said:

I never studied Rogaine® Foam. I think it's whipped into a foam using some kind aerating emulsifier. It probably has an added whipping agent in its ingredients. Beyond that, I don't know, I'm not a customer. But i'm sure its basics hasn't changed.

Re: shedding

http://www.minoxidil.com/subpages/journal_articles/shedding.html

that was handy to read... it didnt discuss a second shedding though... im scared!

Established Member
Reaction score
rogazzle -
ever thought of adding arginine, caffeine and say lithium powder to your mix?
would have though there'd be some nice synergies with your current solution...

am considering trying a bit of a combo to see if a longer term user of various tropicals gets any benefits (i.e. me)

Hoppi

Reaction score
hm, I'm trying to grab some of the 4% stuff as I'm running out of spironolactone and stuff to go with the minoxidil I'm using on my hairline, and darn.. in the UK it seems VERY hard to get hold of 4%!

2% is everywhere but... perhaps they don't commonly sell the 4% here >.<

EDIT -- Yeah, darn! Went down to the supermarket and the chemist said he had never even heard of 4% miconazole products ._. On the plus side, the one they had was for athlete's foot, so... not QUITE as embarrassing buying it... but nearly! xD

I bought the 2% for now so hopefully that will do something when combined with the other stuff that's currently going on my hairline o_O

Hoppi

Reaction score
lol, it might just be because they are quite alternative treatments 1750 with no particularly strong track record of working.

Lithium... possibly safety issues?

Also I think I heard that caffeine can damage the follicles sometimes. Truth is, as far as I can tell there are just BETTER treatments out there, you know? I feel kinda sorry for the guys who know less about this stuff and are relying on caffeine or something to control their hair loss ._.

Established Member
Reaction score
well - if you go spectral DNC you'll be applying the ingredients I've mentioned to your head anyway...
only you'll be using a nanosome technology and potentially damaging yourself on a cellular level.

you're using a nitrate, a vascilator and a steroid synthesis inhibitor as your basis to fight hairloss.

lithium aside the other two ingredients are a nitrate and a stimulant/mild dht inhibitor.

rwhairlosstalk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for another topical(s) to stop the effects of dht or encourage growth. Minoxidil (4 growth) is drying to my already dry scalp so the Miconazole is a welcomed addition!

I'll read through this thread to get the full affect.

Wow that looks great!

Chris Wilton

Reaction score
Hi guys, first post. Iv'e been using Miconazole for a few weeks and there is a bunch of new hairs coming in at the hairline. I've been using Rogaine and finasteride for the last few years, but Miconazole has activated something.

John979

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing worked for me until I switched to Ketoconazole 2% and Dutasteride applied topically, starting 10 months ago. There really is something to Azoles and they seem to be a more effective hair growth stimulator than minoxodil, which I have stopped using for fear of side effects.

mykal_P

Established Member
Reaction score
I just started using the 4% cream over the past two weeks. Man this stuff works, im in shock over the new hairs around my hair line. The regular hair is growing like crazy, and I see small velous hairs sprouting all around my hairline. I hope they continue to grow with this and get thicker.

Ende

Reaction score
He's talking about drugs in the same class as miconazole and ketoconazole.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I like azoles :woot:

But I'm scared of keto as I don't wanna hurt my pooooor liver ._. lol