5 month results w/Miconazole Nitrate + Minoxidil - photos

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
And wow thanks man that's a wicked quote from me! I know you meant it sarcastically but it sums it up perfectly! I'm saving that :) hehe

No problem. Just doing my part to bring attention to our resident New Age Medicine loony. Glad you like it!

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate to be a downer guys, but these pics mean nothing. I can't believe how many people haven't seen this on their own temples enough times to realize this. When I pull my hair back, I often see the same small hairs. It often depends on how wet it is (like in these pics) and how close my hand is to the hairline (like in these pics!).
It's easy to get excited about a few small hairs, but chances are those could just be miniaturizing hairs. Not to say you aren't having success; I'm just saying pull the camera back so we can see for ourselves if there are any real cosmetic results.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:
Hate to be a downer guys, but these pics mean nothing. I can't believe how many people haven't seen this on their own temples enough times to realize this. When I pull my hair back, I often see the same small hairs. It often depends on how wet it is (like in these pics) and how close my hand is to the hairline (like in these pics!).
It's easy to get excited about a few small hairs, but chances are those could just be miniaturizing hairs. Not to say you aren't having success; I'm just saying pull the camera back so we can see for ourselves if there are any real cosmetic results.

Yeah you're right, perhaps there was no regrowth at all.

August 26, 2010
dsc08998p.jpg

October 15, 2010
dsc02979y.jpg

March 22, 2011
dsc07152u.jpg

We'll I quit.

G k

Established Member
Reaction score
Sir Guy of Frizzbourne said:

No man. This is regrowth. I experienced this exact type of regrowth on both rogaine and propecia!

Those are "a few small hairs" either.

This is exactly what one should hope for! Chances are it will continue to thicken up.

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Those pic are from October 2010 do you have any pics now in march 2011

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
otis said:

The latest pic (3rd above) is labeled March 22, 2011. Can't you read?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
Rogazzle said:
otis said:

Hey, what's your avatar from again? I can't remember where I saw that, and it's driving me crazy!

Don't remember. It's from a Chinese movie.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
otis said:
Why didnt you pull your hair back when you took thr first picture .
It look like those small hairs could have been ther all the time.

August 26 photo has been updated on the first page, 1st post. Now the 1st photo (a second version shot with a different cam on the same day) shows the hair "pulled back".

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
This next before-and-after spans 7 months for the left-temple. I didn't have intermediary pics which is unfortunate - a midpoint progress photo may have been comparatively helpful to the undiscerning eye. For what its worth:

Click to enlarge.

August 26, 2010
20100826154303500.jpg

March 30, 2011
dsc07252k.jpg

Edit: Actually I have a better photo from August 26, 2010. The first version was shot with a Microsoft HD webcam.

2nd version was shot with a Sony Ericsson Cybershot on the same day. Don't laugh at my acne scars.

August 26, 2010
dsc09000.jpg

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
A question was posed to me on Regrowth, which had me thinking, if your brand of Miconazole doesn't have the same drug vehicle as your minoxidil (if you are using them in tandem), you may be sabotaging both of the drugs. So if you are not a responder, you may want to double check. This holds true for anyone mixing minoxidil with Ketoconazole creams.

From Regrowth:

Is anyone else experiencing the nitrate side effects such as dark circles and such?

Also, was wondering, is anyone using the generic CVS cream? ingredients, benzoic acid, pegoxol 7 stearte peglicol-5 oleate, BHA. Anyone see major red flags there?

Also seem to be experiencing eye strain. Cant tell what its from.

As far as regrowth its been 2 months and Im using as stand alone 4-5 days/week once a day. Maybe hair growing faster and alittle thicker but not much else. Maybe need to be on longer..

"I use the drugstore brand from Duane Reade which contains a drug delivery vehicle similar to Kirkland's Minoxidil 5% - cetyl alcohol, 'purified' water and propylene glycol. So the vehicles look complimentary to each other for mixing.

The Duane Reade Miconazole also contains isopropyl myristate, polysorbate 60, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, sorbitan monostearate and stearyl alcohol.

Basically skin absorption agents, emulsifiers, base thickeners, and color.

Apart from tinnitus which seems to be caused by both medications (I blame propylene glycol), I don't get any other sides. Maybe some flaking of the scalp.

So it seems the DR brand has much different ingredients than CVS. These are actually good questions for non-responders. Also, try another brand with complimentary ingredients to Minoxidil, if using."

Hoppi

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Rogazzle said:
otis said:

Hey, what's your avatar from again? I can't remember where I saw that, and it's driving me crazy!

I thought it was the new(er) Karate Kid film? I could be wrong though lol

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have any photos where at least an eyebrow is visible? It's very hard to tell what's going on in those photos, though it does kind of look like an improvement

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
FSHGLD said:
Do you have any photos where at least an eyebrow is visible? It's very hard to tell what's going on in those photos, though it does kind of look like an improvement

Never took any baseline photo's with eyebrows visible.

But what do you need to see an eyebrow for?

You should be paying attention to what's happening at the hairline near the temples.

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! This is awesome. What about for us that use Rogaine foam?

Do you have to use the cream at the same time as Rogaine application?

Anyone used foam and the cream together? If so how/suggestions?

thank you!

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
brandnew said:
Congratulations! This is awesome. What about for us that use Rogaine foam?

Do you have to use the cream at the same time as Rogaine application?

Anyone used foam and the cream together? If so how/suggestions?

thank you!

I'm sure the foam is a non-issue. There's recent discussion over at Regrowth about making sure the creams use the same drug delivery vehicle as Minoxidil (cetyl alcohol, water and propylene glycol) or you may be sabotaging both of the drugs. Non-responders might want to recheck their ingredients and dosages. Might serve you better to check it out there.
http://www.regrowth.com/hairloss-topic/25445/page75

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW! thats soo much to comprehend. lol So correct me if I am wrong... you dont have to apply both rogaine and miconazole at the same time?

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
brandnew said:
WOW! thats soo much to comprehend. lol So correct me if I am wrong... you dont have to apply both rogaine and miconazole at the same time?

No. But it will undoubtedly work better if you do, especially if you match drug delivery vehicles. The drug in creams will also absorb better when liquefied, just by the physics involved itself (migration, evaporation, exposure length before drying, etc.)

Hoppi

Reaction score
Does anyone know if miconazole is as harsh on the liver as ketoconazole?

I do want a kind of backup/temporary regimen, and the three main things I'm looking at are miconazole, spironolactone and minoxidil. All 3 seem alright other than my concern about mico and the liver.

Any thoughts anyone?

Hoppi :)

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Does anyone know if miconazole is as harsh on the liver as ketoconazole?

I do want a kind of backup/temporary regimen, and the three main things I'm looking at are miconazole, spironolactone and minoxidil. All 3 seem alright other than my concern about mico and the liver.

Any thoughts anyone?

Hoppi :)

You're worried about liver health yet considering Spironolactone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spironolactone#Carcinogenicity

I wouldn't even touch that stuff with your diqk.

That stuff looks evil.