20 Yr Old With Hair Loss. Freaking Out And Getting Really Depressed! :( | Page 13 | HairLossTalk Forums

20 Yr Old With Hair Loss. Freaking Out And Getting Really Depressed! :(

Discussion in 'Tell Your Story' started by Fishcake, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Fishcake

Fishcake Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for slow reply! Yh I will keep this updated for years hopefully As you can see I post loads of pics lol

I mean I really don't know. How would I know and should I take some pics of an area?? I started the gym in august and hqve built up a lot of muscle and really is going well. So atleast finasteride isn't affecting my muscles or energy levels.

I did have not long ago this pain in my left nipple, it was a slight bump under the nipple and felt sore for a couple weeks, no idea if related to Gyno?? However, no pain now whatsoever

2. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    Yeh I don't think it has, but also looks crap because I can't ever get a decent haircut...

I really want like grade 1 or 2 back and sides to make the top look fuller, whereas atm it is all similar lengths.... I always get the same cut as I am scared of change and also the fact I have numerous moles that would look awful if cut short

3. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    Just some more pics, I use a minimal amount of toppik on the front and right temple, not the left as shown to its full, natural state in the pics. This is because normally my hair is long enough to sweep over ane cover.

I am still taking finasteride everyday, and managing to cover quite a lot using toppik which is now a massive confidence booster I use daily!

Just thinking as I am 22 it is obviously going to get a lot worse as it is still thin and not just receded and thick... so looking for advice and anything I can do to prevent or improve, and whether I should get a transplant at some point?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    More updates and pictures of my hairloss journey:

Still taking finasteride, no issues with it apart from maybe a few minor ones.

As some of you may know, I do still have a girlfriend and is going great, sex is most of the time really good and sometimes my erections are really hard. However, some days they can be a bit weak and have found it hard to maintain a strong one but only rarely and I think it is a normal thing anyway as you get a bit older. (I hope).

Sometimes I get an occassional ache down below, but that could be as I gym a lot and play sport, so nothing major since starting the drug. It has been about 1 YEAR now since starting ✔✔

Just a few more pics to show, fresh out of the shower and semi dry, still have issues with the same thinning areas but it has not seemed to get a lot worse since starting treatment.

I use Toppik daily just to hide the thinning crown and hairline a bit, work wonders and takes only 5 mins in the morning.

Would be great to hear some feedback and any advice on further treatments or new remedies to help maybe??

Attached Files:

5. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Classic NW3V. Still looks decent enough to cover up. You use minoxidil?

6. michel sapin

michel sapin Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    how long have you been on fina bro ? it looks like you have maitained !
    you're girlfriend didn't notice the thinning hair ? just to know

7. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    No I really should and have been saying this for agessss, but seems a lot of hassle in conjuction with remembering to take finasteride and using toppik etc

But need to

8. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    Just over a year my man :) yehh for sure but still thin in places etc crown... nope had two since and neither have sue to Toppik or just styling haha

9. michel sapin

michel sapin Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    if you are not prone to sides you should try dutasteride !

10. meetjoeblack

meetjoeblack Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Freaking out = spike in cortisol

Depressed = more cortisol

Cortisol is the stress hormone. Stress makes you cueball.

Chill out. Shave it or buzz it. Undercut sides grow out the top.

11. meetjoeblack

meetjoeblack Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You either do or you don't. Pick and choose. Shit or get off the pot.

You can reinvent your look. Shave head or buzz, get tattoos, and a hot young gf. Freaking out isn't attractive. Save your hair but the inevitable awaits us all.

I am using Rogaine but experience side effects. I am getting ready to go check it out. If I were you, buzz or undercut sides and back. Fade in the crown. Apply Rogaine. Grow out the top. Fringe front or messy undercut. Not slick back. No pomp. I saw a baldy at the barbershop. Kid looked 100x better. They did exactly what I just said. Blended in his balding. He looked great

Oscar66 likes this.
  12. name

name New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    hi
    When did you first notice results?
    i have been on finasteride for 4 months now and my hair is still falling out

13. Retinoid

Retinoid Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The crown looks a lot better and the temples seem to have maintained. Adding Minoxidil should help with regrowth-foam is less irritating but harder to apply if you are prone to scalp sensitivity. You can also look into derma rolling on the temples to see if that is right for you.

I agree, toppik is amazing!

14. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't really had results as in growth, but my head stopped itching almost immediately, and my hair has 100% maintained since. BUT 0 regrowth from what I can tell, but finasteride is really for maintenance. I need to implement Minoxidil or something else when I can be bothered. So far pursuing on finasteride and using hair fibres looks great, not a full head but enough to not look like I am balding badly.

I would say though at 4 months is when my sides dissapeared, and when I feel it was keeping my hair.

15. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:

Hmm not sure about the crown, but it defo hasn't got worse haha.

It is my own fault not using other products such as minoxidil, but it is a lot of maintenance so will have to decide.

Toppik is the best for now. no anxiety when someone is standing above me.

16. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    Just a few more pics showing how I have my hair most of the time, this is with Toppik and unwashed with shampoo for 3 days.

As you can see the thinning is hardly visible, however I am concious whether it still looks odd with the recession, if you look front on, you can see the recession and it makes my hairline look high on one side as the other is covered mainly by longer hair styled to the side.

One of the images shows 2 of my friends with normal hairlines and it makes mine look really odd, but guess that is what I put up with aha.

Opinions and suggestions would be appreciated.

Will update again in the future.

Attached Files:

EndlessPossibilities likes this.
  17. Retinoid

Retinoid Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    All your hair lines look the same...we are truly our own worst critics.

18. name

name New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    thank your for reply but when did your hair loss stop ?
    i still can see about 20 hair in the sink if i wash my hair
    on finasteride for 4 months and 2 weeks

19. CrownBalding

CrownBalding Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just came across your thread and went through the whole thing. Thanks a lot for keeping everyone updated, and as someone who has just recently noticed my crown thinning (although it already is pretty bad) I’m really happy to see you maintained. One thing I can say is that your last post shower pics look way better than your earlier ones. I think your crown looks better as well! It’s summer now and I’m worried about jumping in the water (I can’t stand the way my hair looks without toppik, and especially wet ugh) Do you go swimming? And do you keep your toppik in when you go?

20. Fishcake

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know if it really has or not, but seems the same for ages, either thator just got used to it.No dramatic changes anyway. Think I have had similar hair and texture since I was late teens anyway. Almost 23 now and hair is still with me, just thin in places.

Hair still falls out in the sink if shaking hair but haven't tested properly, so will do that soon and see how many :) Although some times I don;t wash my hair for 3 days and with product in it can feel greasy and messy, and maybe more hair comes out then.