Young and balding

Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18 And losing hair rapidly)

Joe,

The shape of your head is fine, man. Trust me. There is nothing to be worried about - in fact, I would say that Andre Agassi in the picture you showed had a unique head shape, but it's not something that anyone notices or cares about, because it's just *him*. People don't obsess about your looks like you are currently doing.

Your dad looks great bald. And you look great bald. This doesn't have to derail your life plans or anything.

OllyHorn

Reaction score

im not here to help just anyone, im not sayin i CAN help joe, i just have some advice for him, he has the same hair as i once had.. so were very very similar.. i wouldnt be able to help anyone else.

Nene

Reaction score

Joe, your head shape isn't weird, no one has a perfectly round symmetrical head. I would never look at you and think you had a weird head. As for that mark you get from finasteride, see a dermatologist about it, it could be nothing. Also, from my personal experience, I've gotten the best regrowth from minoxidil so I say it's worth a shot. You have to give it at least 6 months, and you can't shave your head during that time. Good luck.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

Joe, your head shape isn't weird. Also, I think you still have a decent coverage.. only if you could stick with finasteride/minoxidil for 6+ months.. I really think it will change your life.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat as you dude... everyone's like MAN GET ON FINASTERIDE!

But it gives me sides. It fucks with my head... even at 0.5mg. I get crazy brain fog and my anger seems to spike.

My hairline is about the same as yours but my crown is really thinning. And I'm 22.

I'm looking into Proxiphen... I've heard that it's more effective than finasteride (though it's really expensive).

It's a shame that RU 58841 isn't accessible, either. I think it would help people like us.

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Hopefully minoxidil alone might do something for me, fingers crossed. Thanks for the advice again guys.
Liquid or foam?

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score

I ordered some Foam from ebay, so I'm starting that sh*t this week.

When I was using minoxidil... the liquid was way too greasy and takes (whats seems like) forever to dry.

And apparently foam absorbs better.

Now the thing is that once you grow out your hair, apparently liquid is much easier to apply in longer hair than foam is.

BTW, if I dont go down the Proxiphen route, I might add spironolactone into the mix. You ever look into getting spironolactone?

And straight up dude, I thought that 2nd pic you just posted was you... I was like "damn man Joe got jacked real quick!" :woot:

OllyHorn

Reaction score

Hey joe, ive added you on msn.. its way easier to talk on there.. i do have facebook but dont really know how to use it.

Reaction score

Ive been following your story for a while now and i just wanted to chime in on what i think. dude no homo i think ur a good looking guy and the shaved head doesn't look bad on you at all. actually i think u can pull tons of girls of you wanted you just gotta walk with a swagger if you know what i mean haha. i was thinking the same way as you about girls untill a couple of days ago i found out that a ton of girls thought my shaved head was sexy and they wanted to hook up if you know what i mean. even though i feel like i have hairloss and look terrible i carry on as im still the best looking kid in the world, and if you do that girls will sense it and jump on you like a diamond necklace. and secondly your head shape is perfetly fine, ive seen some messed up head shapes and yours is clearly not one of them. you just think its weird cause its all you focus on all day but in reality people dont even think about your head being a weird shape.

but this is just my opinion man, good luck on the regimen and walk with that swagger. :hump:

bunchies

Reaction score

Hey Joe , what dose of finasteride were u using when u reacted bad to it ?(sorry cba to search through all the pages atm :D)
Ive read that allot of ppl use 0.5mg or less and have good results with it .

Maybe try with 0.25mg first and see how it goes ? It might work and it's allot cheaper , WIN WIN situation :hump:

greetz and gl with you're regemin .

Obsidian

Reaction score

IDK why you think you look terrible you look great. You have sharp facial features, in shape, not pale, and fine head shape at any angle.

Nene

Reaction score

I agree with Obsidian, you are imagining that your head is deformed. The shaved head doesn't look bad on you. I just think you need to decide what to do one way or the other. Go see a dermatologist, take REAL meds and stick with it, or just keep shaving since you don't look bad that way anyway.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
I'm gonna do both. I would try and fight the battle somewhat even if the bald look suited me very well anyway, you may as well if you have tolerance to finasteride/ minodoxil.

I bet you could apply minoxidil in under 10 seconds with that haircut.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
A totally shaven head isn't good with the use of minodoxil though is it? I plan to try and grow it out somewhat.

The only thing I can think of would be wind causing the alcohol to evaporate quicker. Other than that, it will make your head shiny. :)

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score

If your going to use Minoxidil on your head shaved or very closely buzzed I would go with a lotion based one as the liquids would probably evaporate to quickly.

Also finasteride stays in your system for quite a while. Ive seen studies report from 48-72 hours based of dosage amount. Reading you side effects early in this thread its probably wise to try a topical finasteride treatment to see how your sides are with that before going back on the oral treatment. Though if you took finasteride every other day at 1mg it would still even out to about .5mg daily and so on based off its chemical breakdown in the body.

Also like eveyone has already said you head looks fine buzzed so dont stress to much. The worse thing you can do is stress as that will do more damage to your hair.

Nene

Reaction score

Joe, minoxidil will never work if you shave your head. I'm talking from first hand experience here. About a year ago I got some very nice regrowth from minoxidil. Then I shaved my head bald and when the stubble started coming in, everything I had grown from minoxidil was gone. You need to give the minoxidil time to work, if you shave your head, the hair never gets a chance to thicken up. I would say, grow your hair out for a while (about 5 or 6 months), let the minoxidil work, and then BUZZ do no shave your head. Thats what I'm trying to do now but I lose patience and keep shaving my hair before the minoxidil works.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score

Nene said:
Joe, minoxidil will never work if you shave your head. I'm talking from first hand experience here. About a year ago I got some very nice regrowth from minoxidil. Then I shaved my head bald and when the stubble started coming in, everything I had grown from minoxidil was gone. You need to give the minoxidil time to work, if you shave your head, the hair never gets a chance to thicken up. I would say, grow your hair out for a while (about 5 or 6 months), let the minoxidil work, and then BUZZ do no shave your head. Thats what I'm trying to do now but I lose patience and keep shaving my hair before the minoxidil works.
That's nonsense. When you shave your head you shave the hair SHAFT, not the follicle. Shaving does not have any negative effect regarding minoxidil.

Blondilocks

Established Member
Reaction score

Joe I just want to say that you are exceptionally lucky you look great with a shaved head, I for one have watched your story and your pictures look good, Keep in shape, keep any weight of the face get a tan, keeo healthy, have healthy active hobbies you will never look back, The way your embracing it and putting 2 fingers up to it is great, its an attitude you should conintue to cultivate, until the time comes until you figure out a routine that works for you. I justed wanted to say well done for having the balls to do something I cant, as I too have a strong reaction to finasteride,( I think its the estrogen build up personally) Congrats!

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

Shma said:
Nene said:
That's nonsense. When you shave your head you shave the hair SHAFT, not the follicle. Shaving does not have any negative effect regarding minoxidil.

indeed, that is a pretty dumb assumption on his part :stupid:

Nene

Reaction score

Shma, It's not just some theory I pulled out of my ***. I know what I experienced and I'm just sharing it with Joe. What you said about shaving the shaft and not the follicle makes perfect sense, but it didn't work that way for me. If you think that hairs that have grown from minoxidil are as resilient as your regular hair and will pop right back out after shaving it, you are sadly mistaken my friend. I encourage you to try it for yourself since what I said was so retarded, please prove me wrong.