Young and balding

vanwilder

Reaction score
Re: Losing it at 18 - I haven't fought back, yet (pictures).

i wouldn't worry to much about it for now looks ok to me & worrying won't help, just grow it back for time being, party hard during freshers week :puke: , take some more pics in 6 months and compare etc
if you see any changes go the doctors ask him for advice or just get on finasteride & nizoral and see if that helps & come back on here!

thats just my advice and i'm certainly no expert!!

:stupid:

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score

You are definatly going bald, that is for sure.

However, I have great news. There are awsome drugs out there that will halt your hairloss all together. Simply take 1 mg if finasteride or 0.5 mg of dutasteride daily and you will be set for life.

I am 28 and have the exact same hair as you, but a tad more receded on temples.

p.s. Your buzzed haircut suits you well.

SheNShred

Reaction score

Yeah man your current state doesn't look bad at all. Take the finasteride and see if it works for you. Congrats on the iPhone too! :woot:

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Do I have nothing to lose with finasteride? If I take it, and it doesn't work so well and decide to come off it, will my hair drop out?

Newp. You will simply begin losing your hair again once it wears off, at a normal rate.

Think of DHT as a slow acting hair poison, and finasteride takes the hair poison out of your system. Once you start again, you will lose as you normally do.

It's not like your hairs will become finasteride dependent, and if you stop taking the pill all your saved hair will fall out in one big chunk.

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Can i get a heads up on the best place to buy it? Or should I consult my doctor?

most people use unitedpharmacy

SheNShred

Reaction score

I just went through my normal doctor and got a script for it. I take the Propecia though so its about 80+ dollars a month. Please do the research before you decide to take it, there's loads of info here viewforum.php?f=61

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

ShedNShred said:
I just went through my normal doctor and got a script for it. I take the Propecia though so its about 80+ dollars a month. Please do the research before you decide to take it, there's loads of info here viewforum.php?f=61
you're getting ripped off

SheNShred

Reaction score

astros148 said:
ShedNShred said:
you're getting ripped off

....right.

tooyoungforthiscrap

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18/ I haven't fought back, yet (pictures).

$80 a month? Jesus!

Proscar is so much cheaper, I'm cutting pulls in 4s and taking 1.25mg/day for like a quarter of that cost lol. :shock:

vanwilder

Reaction score

i'm in the uk i went on http://www.inhousepharmacy.co.uk/hair-l ... -loss.html
i just searched thru forums for what places to get stuff from and inhouse & united seemed sound!
and bought proscar and divided tablets up into 5ths so take roughly 1mg of finasteride a day :dunno: only been on it 5 days so can't really tell you much else!

If you wanna save more money buy the generic version which is 'fincar' and simply split them up into 5ths or quarters so works out about years worth of finasteride for 42 quid.........

but might be best going seeing dr first which is free anyway and if he prescribes you finasteride then you might as well buy it cheaper online, than paying £30+ a month for it from chemist, but thats just moi! :punk:

astros148

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
I have only today registered with a new nhs healthcare at Sheffield where im going uni, and I don't move up there until the 19th. I think I might wait until im there book an appointment and start on the finasteride.

So If i take 1 mg of propecia a day, and im responsive to it, I should have my current hair for years to come? is that possible with just propecia?
yup thats what propecia does hopefully

cuebald

Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18 and diffuse thinning)

They put that bit about customs charges just incase.
I've ordered all sorts of meds online and never been hit with a customs charge.
You look like a NW2. Looks a bit further gone than a mature hairline though.

Are your family bald?

Oh btw there's a success stories board, click "Board Index" at the top left and you'll see it in there.
Don't visit "The Impact of Hair Loss" if you value your mental health :laugh:

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Are there any success stories on here, where people have stopped hairloss with Propecia alone?

I have stopped hairloss just using propecia, just dont expect re growth.

Man you look great with a shaved head by the way.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

What ever you do, don't start curing your hair loss -- the side effects are just not worth it. Trust me, I started finasteride right, when I hit 18.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Fanjeera said:
What ever you do, don't start curing your hair loss -- the side effects are just not worth it. Trust me, I started finasteride right, when I hit 18.

Ah fook off

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score

Fanjeera said:

Yeah seriously just f off already, go post your sh*t over at Propeciahelp or whatever because no-one wants you around here.

You're scaring people off even trying the drug when in actual fact only 2% get side effects (not including the looneys like you who imagine them)

vanwilder

Reaction score

well you best not use it then joe-91 and just accept your hair loss!
be cheaper in the long run on a plus point

Not much else you can do without the use of drugs etc, perhaps buy a wig a guess! :dunno:

least you tried anyway................................. :whistle:

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Gotta be honest, I am wary of using finasteride now after reading on wikipedia.

Your choice. Best advice I could give you would be to take finasteride, stop reading about it online, and see how you tolerate the drug yourself.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Gotta be honest, I am wary of using finasteride now after reading on wikipedia.

finasteride looks the best medication for your case. It fights the balding process in some way, and it can beat it for some time, depending on how agressive is your male pattern baldness. The other proven treatment (rogain) just helps the follicles to produce hair, but it doesn't protect them, so the damage keeps happening. Combinating both is the best way to go, but at this stage rogaine is a pain in the *** to apply and be consistent with applications.

finasteride sides are true on a small percentage (2%) but these sides are not permanent and go away very fast when you discontinue its use. I would say go for it, and see what happens. I started finasteride at my 22-23, had sides on the full dose, discontinued, all sides gone, and re-started at a smaller dose with no sides at all and i think it's working.

Btw keep your hair buzzed, it looks good on you.

Fanjeera

Reaction score

Just read propeciahelp.com forum. People are talking about their self experience there. They don't make their side effects up, believe me, and nor do they fake their blood test results which are even more shocking. I just hope you save yourself from this sh*t as fast as you can and accept going bald. I did the mistake already before you and didn't take it all so seriously. Now I realize that it's far more serious than it seems: it's a question of life and death.