Young and balding

Nene

Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's Story - (18 And losing hair rapidly)

BTW, I'm not trying to pressure you or anything to take finasteride, as I'm not sure it's so great myself. I'm just saying that if you do take it, get the real deal. I've been on it for like 8 or 9 months and honestly I think my hair only looks worse. I have gotten some minor side effects, but I promised myself I would try it for at least a year so that's what I'm gonna do.

dpdr

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Alright, that's what I'm gonna do, and I'm gonna start off on 0.25mg a day. Thank you.

0,25mg is good :)

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

i would get a legit prescription for proscar and cut it into fourths or eighths... saves a lot of money and it's comparable to fincar/proscar costs from inhouse (minus the doctor visit fee).

blink

Established Member
Reaction score

rogaine liquid isnt a bad option. i shave my head down to a 1 and can still apply it. i just let it run across my head and then rub it gently in. ive been using it for 7months or so and have seen some thickening but nothing amazing like the threads in the success stories section.

i recall someone over at HLH saying they had sides on fincar but when they switched to legit prescription proscar, it went away. weird, which is why i remember it.

i dont doubt that inhousepharmacy or unitedpharmacy have real medications; my beef is that they might send you a bad batch and there would be no way you can truly tell, other than a blood test. i would really hate to unknowingly waste time with a bad batch. at least with a pharmacy, there's quality control and everything you get is assuredly real.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
The foam looks expensive man, I will try it for the first month though and in the meantime try and find a cheaper source. I can't be going out with the liquid shining on my shaven head.
http://www.cheaprogaine.com/

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JOE-Use the foam in the morning and the liquid at night....This way you will be able to spend less,carry on with regular activities and gain equal benefits.I dont know to what extent this is true but recently I read somewhere that applying the foam once a day to a short head of hair is like applying the liquid twice a day to the same.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Use Nizoral regular or 2% 2-3 times a week to control the irritation caused by MIN and good luck mate!!!

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Thanks for the info guys, just bought some foam. I will let you know how it goes when I'm a few days in with it, when I get back to the UK I will order some Proscar too.

I heard that irritation is quite common with minoxodil, is there anything you can buy to sooth the head or anything in combination? I could get that now just incase, because my brothers bringing it over to Egypt in a few days.

joe, i would really say to u not to use minoxidil, and before i get flamed. YES IT WORKS WELL FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE, but with alot it does nothing, u ca expect to lose hair within the first 2 weeks, and its not sure it will grow back, u really want to risk it?

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
patrik said:
[quote="JOE-91":203nfyo0]Thanks for the info guys, just bought some foam. I will let you know how it goes when I'm a few days in with it, when I get back to the UK I will order some Proscar too.

I heard that irritation is quite common with minoxodil, is there anything you can buy to sooth the head or anything in combination? I could get that now just incase, because my brothers bringing it over to Egypt in a few days.

joe, i would really say to u not to use minoxidil, and before i get flamed. YES IT WORKS WELL FOR ALOT OF PEOPLE, but with alot it does nothing, u ca expect to lose hair within the first 2 weeks, and its not sure it will grow back, u really want to risk it?

I'm as good as bald as it is mate, diffuse thinning is crazy all up top, I reckon I have a year to two years max so it's worth it.

Went to the doctors in Egypt tonight, about something other than hairloss and the guy asked about my hairloss, I was really happy he did actually. He mentioned minoxidil straight away, and I replied about me trying finasteride - he said be careful as it's an anti androgen, and didn't really think it was good at my age. To be honest, I do feel like I'm playing with fire with the patch and the dodgy erection quality but I'm still gonna give Proscar a shot at 0.25mg a day, or e.o.d[/quote:203nfyo0]

alright mate, best of luck.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
Cheers mate.

I'm getting the sebum shine all over up top now, and at the front you can see that different skin texture (bald head vs normal facial skin). A word of warning to anyone balding, DO NOT STRESS ABOUT IT, I'm pretty sure my anxiety and constant worry has sped it up this much. Maybe shedding from finasteride too.

Officially the big 3 for me soon, if the sides are there with proscar which I imagine they will be, I guess I just have to hope for a good reaction to Minodoxil. If not, bald by 20-21 I reckon, very scary indeed. I prey that I can get through it.

if propecia works u could keep ur hair for 15 years man, id be hopefully, by the way u got facebook? ill give u an add since im in the uk myself!

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Young and losing it rapidly - BIG 3 coming up!

i would honestly say go on propecia ( dont think about the sides) its all peoples head honestly , and keep shaving it while on propecia for 1 year im almost certain your hair will thicken up if your stilll not happy after a year add minoxidil

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

by the way i would clean up the facial hair and possibly add ear piercings but thats just me , your head shapes sick i dont know why you think diffrently

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score

I think you look badass with a shaved head + facial hair. :punk:

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

dude lol when you shave your head that short , everyone has bumps!! if its skin bald its less visable at time , look at 2 pac for example lol

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
SydneyLosstarot said:
You look f****ing awesome with a bald head. Damn. I'm so jealous.

I am unbelievably confused, these are purposely bad pictures to get the shape of my head in.

I want straight honesty here, because peoples opinions really will influence whether iI go even further with the meds, possibly looking at hairpieces etc.

joe ur head shape is awesome, there is nothing wrong with it. everyone has those bumps too.

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

JOE-91 said:
I want more opinions, this cannot be right. I know I have posted unflattering pictures of it before but I think these are as clear as it gets.

If my head shape is good, the only conclusion I can come to is that it's just a huge shock to me seeing the bald scalp and my heads features, and that's why I'm freaking out.

k bro ill do you a quick fav ( if you want )
ill post your pics on a forum i always post in but send me pics with your face blocked off cause im sure you dont want face pics and ill send you the link when girls reply there ,its normal broo its just all in your head

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score

irishpride86 said:
king- said:
[quote="JOE-91":22s4606j]I want more opinions, this cannot be right. I know I have posted unflattering pictures of it before but I think these are as clear as it gets.

If my head shape is good, the only conclusion I can come to is that it's just a huge shock to me seeing the bald scalp and my heads features, and that's why I'm freaking out.

k bro ill do you a quick fav ( if you want )
ill post your pics on a forum i always post in but send me pics with your face blocked off cause im sure you dont want face pics and ill send you the link when girls reply there ,its normal broo its just all in your head

hey king your back on minoxidil ???[/quote:22s4606j]

no i cant man rogaine gave me sebborea dermatitis and made my skin horrible then i tried dr lees without ppg ...same thing

but im gonna try the foam like you said , i think it will give me the same effects but you never know so im gonna try it but if it still gave me sebborea then i guess thats it with me and minoxidil

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: JOE-91's story

You need to get rid of that neck beard man... like seriously!

It only looks rugged when you can grow a nice, even spread of stubble. I dunno whether you are shaping it like that or whether you just can't grow hair on the cheeks/closer around the mouth, but it's not great... sorry :p

Head shape isn't too bad, I wouldn't be stressing about it, it isn't as if you can do anything about it anyway. But yeah, give minoxidil and finasteride a crack for awhile I reckon.