You Might Be Interested In Reading This.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
f***. Did you lose a lot of muscle and gain body fat? Man...I really don't like the sound of becoming soft and growing breasts. But if it makes me look like this guyView attachment 75477 ...I'm sold.
Can I just say, estrogen never made me lose muscle but did make me hold more water and gain a bit of extra fat and boobs. I have noticed on dutas that I am also getting stronger and putting on weight. Weirdly.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! I am really a lot happier these days. I love what it has done to my skin too.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I have noticed that females have much softer/younger looking skin than most guys. Does it feminize your facial structure too? I think that may be a deal breaker with me.
Not sure. I think my skin has gotten tons worse despite my estrogen replacement. But I was already female. Trans women who take E often need surgery for facial feminisation because the estrogen alone is not enough.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I just say, estrogen never made me lose muscle but did make me hold more water and gain a bit of extra fat and boobs. I have noticed on dutas that I am also getting stronger and putting on weight. Weirdly.
Yeah, I'm on dutas right now and it definitely made me stronger. It increases your testosterone by like 10%, so it's no surprise. I definitely gained more lean muscle on dutas. Gym workouts/running/playing basketball is noticeably enhanced.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm on dutas right now and it definitely made me stronger. It increases your testosterone by like 10%, so it's no surprise. I definitely gained more lean muscle on dutas. Gym workouts/running/playing basketball is noticeably enhanced.
Same. I’ve been breaking PR’s that I’ve been stuck on for ages, which is nice and all, but hurry the f*** up and bring my hair back.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure. I think my skin has gotten tons worse despite my estrogen replacement. But I was already female. Trans women who take E often need surgery for facial feminisation because the estrogen alone is not enough.
Well if it can restore my hairline back to this:
Zayn_071316_1280 (1).jpg
my hairline was a bit higher than his, but close enough. goddamnit, i know it's not a big deal, but i'm just so vain. The added benefit of having nicer skin is alluring. I use tretinoin 1% everynight.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if it can restore my hairline back to this:
View attachment 75487
my hairline was a bit higher than his, but close enough. goddamnit, i know it's not a big deal, but i'm just so vain. The added benefit of having nicer skin is alluring. I use tretinoin 1% everynight.
i know what you mean. It’s not enough to just have acceptable hair. I need NICE hair. Plus the c*** is still thinning so I’d like that to stop too.
Just wondering, how much do you think dutas has or is helping?

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i know what you mean. It’s not enough to just have acceptable hair. I need NICE hair. Plus the c*** is still thinning so I’d like that to stop too.
It's definitely helped a lot. I notice significant improvement in hair quality-- like texture, shine, thickness-- as well as significant stopping of shedding within a week. The area that thickens the most is the crown area. I do, however, get thinning/shedding of the hairline and temples on it. Not so much on dutas, but it's because I'm also derma-rolling and using minoxidil. With Avodart, I shed even with rolling+ minoxidil. Dutas is definitely less potent, imo, and allows me to hold my hairline and temples. But I upped my rolling+ minoxidil routine and noticed pretty good regrowth on the hairline and temple re-thickening/minor regrowth.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's definitely helped a lot. I notice significant improvement in hair quality-- like texture, shine, thickness-- as well as significant stopping of shedding within a week. The area that thickens the most is the crown area. I do, however, get thinning/shedding of the hairline and temples on it. Not so much on dutas, but it's because I'm also derma-rolling and using minoxidil. With Avodart, I shed even with rolling+ minoxidil. Dutas is definitely less potent, imo, and allows me to hold my hairline and temples. But I upped my rolling+ minoxidil routine and noticed pretty good regrowth on the hairline and temple re-thickening/minor regrowth.
I didn’t know that there was a difference between avodart and dutas, just thought avodart was the generic version. That’s what I take. I also lose 20-30 more hairs on derma rolling days.

Calchas

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The fpb form of AA is not DHT-dependent.The use of 5ar inhibitors is with no value.

Production rates of testosterone and of dihydrotestosterone in female pattern hair loss.

Vierhapper H1, Maier H, Nowotny P, Waldhäusl W.
Author information

Abstract
Production rates of testosterone (T) and of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) were determined in young women (n=8, age, 23 to 40 years) with female-pattern hair loss using the stable isotope dilution technique and mass spectrometry. 1 alpha,2 alpha-d-testosterone and 2,3,4-13C-dihydro-testosterone were infused for 10 hours at a dose of 2 microg/h each and blood samples were obtained at 20-minute intervals during the last 4 hours of the observation period. In the presence of normal metabolic clearance rates (MCRs), production rates of T were increased (9.4+/-5.0 microg/h; normal, 4.3+/-1.9 microg/h, P<.05). MCRs of DHT (8.0+/-3.4 L/h; normal, 25.9+/-12.3 L/h, P<.002) were subnormal in all women and the production rates of DHT were within or below the normal range (mean, 1.6+/-0.6 microg/h; normal, 2.9+/-1.1 microg/h, P<.02). Unlike men with male-pattern baldness, women with female-pattern baldness are characterized by increased production rates of T, but not of DHT. These results are compatible with the idea that 5 alpha-reductase inhibition is of no therapeutical value in female-pattern baldness.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fpb form of AA is not DHT-dependent.The use of 5ar inhibitors is with no value.

Production rates of testosterone and of dihydrotestosterone in female pattern hair loss.

Author information

Abstract
Production rates of testosterone (T) and of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) were determined in young women (n=8, age, 23 to 40 years) with female-pattern hair loss using the stable isotope dilution technique and mass spectrometry. 1 alpha,2 alpha-d-testosterone and 2,3,4-13C-dihydro-testosterone were infused for 10 hours at a dose of 2 microg/h each and blood samples were obtained at 20-minute intervals during the last 4 hours of the observation period. In the presence of normal metabolic clearance rates (MCRs), production rates of T were increased (9.4+/-5.0 microg/h; normal, 4.3+/-1.9 microg/h, P<.05). MCRs of DHT (8.0+/-3.4 L/h; normal, 25.9+/-12.3 L/h, P<.002) were subnormal in all women and the production rates of DHT were within or below the normal range (mean, 1.6+/-0.6 microg/h; normal, 2.9+/-1.1 microg/h, P<.02). Unlike men with male-pattern baldness, women with female-pattern baldness are characterized by increased production rates of T, but not of DHT. These results are compatible with the idea that 5 alpha-reductase inhibition is of no therapeutical value in female-pattern baldness.
Yes, but j have fpb and low T levels, so I am not amongst these young men women with normal hormones. I have extreme DHT sensitivity obviously given I have suppressed T and DHEAS levels. I’m a freak, and I’ll add that my hairloss began in a male pattern with diffuse thinning and hairline recession. My hairloss is somewhat like menopausal hairloss but worse. It has been shown that some women respond really well to duta and Propecia, and i have heard plenty of stories from women who have benefited from 5-alphas. I think it’s highly dependent on the individual.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Author information

Abstract

Very, very insightful article. But she could be an exception. The best way to figure out what is wrong with her is to do a scalp biopsy and actually find out what androgens are binding to the follicles, or which one is the most present in the scalp.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very, very insightful article. But she could be an exception. The best way to figure out what is wrong with her is to do a scalp biopsy and actually find out what androgens are binding to the follicles, or which one is the most present in the scalp.
I can answer that. I have clear DHT sensitivity. I’ve had 4 scalp biopsies

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll also add that, if it were a testosterone issue, then spironolactone might have helped, and so should the pill. They don’t.

can'tBeatNature

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ll also add that, if it were a testosterone issue, then spironolactone might have helped, and so should the pill. They don’t.
Hopefully RU and Dutas do the trick. There are just so many factors in hair-loss, it could be some peripheral thing causing it. Just pray it's not a disease. I'm sure you've already done comprehensive health screenings...Scouring the internet for solutions is why I get no goddamn sleep.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully RU and Dutas do the trick. There are just so many factors in hair-loss, it could be some peripheral thing causing it. Just pray it's not a disease. I'm sure you've already done comprehensive health screenings...Scouring the internet for solutions is why I get no goddamn sleep.
You’re damn right. One thing remains at the end of the day: I have hair miniaturisation, I have dht sensitivity. Regardless of hormones, THAT is what’s causing hairloss. I have had every hormone test you can imagine, and my diagnosis was hypogonadotrophic hypogobadism which is being treated with the pill. Now with the only issue remaining being f*****g DHT, technically RU and duta should be a sure thing, but who knows

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I, taking 125mg of spironolactone, can have a tenth of what you had I would be very happy.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The first pic was when i first started to lose my hair. Then the progression of loss. Then the progression of regaining my hair. I travel a lot for work so there are different backgrounds and some of these pics are from years ago. No editing at all I swear.

Your hair definitely looks so much better, and is probably a Norwood zero at this point.

If it works, and has no side effects, who cares what other people say?