You Might Be Interested In Reading This.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Results like these just confirm big pharmaceutical companies have the cure but can't release it due to scumbag companies like Pfizer etc who pay governments vast sums of money to keep peddling their Propecia and Minoxidil filth.

With the commercial failures of Propecia and Rogaine it would be a tough sell to investors to pursue a treatment/cure for Androgenetic Alopecia.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question...

"I managed to get a prescription for oral spironolactone starting out at a low dose for a couple of days to get my body used to the medication and then increased it to about 100mg a day."

When you say "low dose", what dose was that?

I believe it was 25 mg for the first 3 or 4 days. This was a few years ago.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing your story. You could of just pretend you never had hairloss, but instead shared your experience here. You now have a silky smooth hairline, your dick works, and you lift weights, you killed male pattern baldness! Thanks again! I keep coming back to look at your hairline to keep me positive and to keep me on my routine.

Thank you for the awesome comment. I’m really happy this gives hope to you and some others. This is what I intended to do. Because when male pattern baldness hit me it hit me hard and fast. I thought there was no way out. Anyway I wish you the best.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question....

The idea of using spironolactone and nuking my testosterone like transexuals do is something Im not willing to live with. I'm trying to bodybuild and my masculinity is more important overall but....

When you get off spironolactone, are the sides 100% reversible? Put another way, if someone with advanced baldness uses spironolactone to recover maximal hair regrowth, could they then discontinue use, become normalized again, and simply maintain with the traditional trio of finasteride, monoxidil, and keto?

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a question....

The idea of using spironolactone and nuking my testosterone like transexuals do is something Im not willing to live with. I'm trying to bodybuild and my masculinity is more important overall but....

When you get off spironolactone, are the sides 100% reversible? Put another way, if someone with advanced baldness uses spironolactone to recover maximal hair regrowth, could they then discontinue use, become normalized again, and simply maintain with the traditional trio of finasteride, monoxidil, and keto?

Most of whatever side effects would go away. If you developed gyno it potentially could go away depending on how advanced it is and if you were taking estrogen. Think about this; women can become men so as a natural man once stopping spironolactone your testosterone is going to kick in again. Some transexuals do "detransition" and stop taking their hormones. And they revert back to full male. Unless they grew boobs or had any type of surgery. That would have to be surgically corrected.
Going by what you said if not taking estrogen you most likely would go back to being how you were made to be. Not saying that it will happen. Things go wrong and I'm not a doctor. This is just some of the research that I have done. If you have extensive balding though theres no guarantees your hair will grow back though. But hair loss most likely will stop or lessen up a bit or maybe reverse any hairloss that is currently happening.
I hope this helps you out a bit.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of whatever side effects would go away. If you developed gyno it potentially could go away depending on how advanced it is and if you were taking estrogen. Think about this; women can become men so as a natural man once stopping spironolactone your testosterone is going to kick in again. Some transexuals do "detransition" and stop taking their hormones. And they revert back to full male. Unless they grew boobs or had any type of surgery. That would have to be surgically corrected.
Going by what you said if not taking estrogen you most likely would go back to being how you were made to be. Not saying that it will happen. Things go wrong and I'm not a doctor. This is just some of the research that I have done. If you have extensive balding though theres no guarantees your hair will grow back though. But hair loss most likely will stop or lessen up a bit or maybe reverse any hairloss that is currently happening.
I hope this helps you out a bit.

Right. Just the other thread where the transexual was like a slick bald total norwood 7 or whatever... regained a full head of hair using monoxidil, estrodiol (...) and Spironolactone.

I just know a lot of guys claim post-finasteride syndrome and so if thats possible with finasteride, theres no reason why permanent damage couldnt occur using the aforementioned regimen?? I think if you could reasonably expect a full hormonal recovery with no lasting physical damage upon discontinuation, it might be worthwhile to basically nuke your masculinity for a couple months and then just maintain on finasteride and monoxidil, given that its I guess possible to go back to Norwood 1 or 0 from a 7..

How does one go about getting prescribed dustasteride (as opposed to propecia) and how would a non-transsexual successfully get a doctor to prescribe Spironolactone ?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Right. Just the other thread where the transexual was like a slick bald total norwood 7 or whatever... regained a full head of hair using monoxidil, estrodiol (...) and Spironolactone.

I just know a lot of guys claim post-finasteride syndrome and so if thats possible with finasteride, theres no reason why permanent damage couldnt occur using the aforementioned regimen?? I think if you could reasonably expect a full hormonal recovery with no lasting physical damage upon discontinuation, it might be worthwhile to basically nuke your masculinity for a couple months and then just maintain on finasteride and monoxidil, given that its I guess possible to go back to Norwood 1 or 0 from a 7..

How does one go about getting prescribed dustasteride (as opposed to propecia) and how would a non-transsexual successfully get a doctor to prescribe Spironolactone ?

I have permanent puffy nipples from finasteride and topical estrogen use. To get rid of them, and the fat that accumulated around them, the only thing that works (aside from surgery which I don't want to do) is DHT and DHT derivatives (11-keto), etc... you get the point. It will not go away on its own. I've had it since 2016. But androgens topically can do that (IF there is no gland, just fat), I just started applying few days ago.

But using topical androgens will of course increase your hair loss.

However if you get dick shrinkage or permanent loss of sensitivity or something like that, I cannot guarantee that you will be able to reverse that.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have permanent puffy nipples from finasteride and topical estrogen use. To get rid of them, and the fat that accumulated around them, the only thing that works (aside from surgery which I don't want to do) is DHT and DHT derivatives (11-keto), etc... you get the point. It will not go away on its own. I've had it since 2016. But androgens topically can do that (IF there is no gland, just fat), I just started applying few days ago.

But using topical androgens will of course increase your hair loss.

However if you get dick shrinkage or permanent loss of sensitivity or something like that, I cannot guarantee that you will be able to reverse that.

Dick shrinkage and sh*t like that is what scares me about finasteride, which Im going to start next week. I wish there was a way to monitor finasteride side affects and to know when its temporary and when its not as you get your feet wet.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dick shrinkage and sh*t like that is what scares me about finasteride, which Im going to start next week. I wish there was a way to monitor finasteride side affects and to know when its temporary and when its not as you get your feet wet.

I'd probably recommend staying away from spironolactone. Everybody is different and reacts differently to medication. If it makes you completely uncomfortable just the thought of a possible side effect from the medication then it wouldn't be for you. There are sides, and spironolactone is also used for heart problems as well. The only way you'd be able to tell if finasteride or spironolactone is causing whatever problems is being on it and self examination. Kind of a leap of faith.

unknownmystery445

Reaction score
What checkups are you required to have? Can you kindly list them? So that if I plan on taking it, I know what tests I have to do? And when? Like every 2 months?

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What checkups are you required to have? Can you kindly list them? So that if I plan on taking it, I know what tests I have to do? And when? Like every 2 months?

Every 3 months you would need to have a checkup with your doctor. Every 6 months or so you'd get some blood work done that would check overall health and also a testosterone check would be recommended.

Nimatus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where does one get spirolactone , is it that easy to obtain. I'm in Ireland

Moribund

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you had to alter your diet at all to reduce potassium intake? I've heard it's not necessary unless you've got fucked kidneys but I'd rather not die from too much cantaloupe, sh*t's undignified

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your Doctor in the UK, a NHS Doctor? or private? I'm suprised a NHS Doctor would prescribe spironolactone to a male, it's hard enough getting Finasteride off a NHS doctor.

Really? All you need to do to get a prescription for propecia is go to pharmacy2u and basically fill out a form which takes 5minutes, I am on dutasteride and I get it from pharmacydirect gb. Both these sites provide NHS services.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm like 99% positive upregulation, which is basically just a fancy way of saying increased sensitivity to androgens, is a real thing. I mean. Think about it. When we're in our teens, when we have the highest concentration of testosterone in our system, our hair is much less sensitive to the androgens, but as we get older, usually starts in our 20s, we become more sensitive to the androgens and start recede/thin/bald.

testosterone is different than other durgs that buil a tolerance on the brain

increased androgen exposure actually increases androgen receptors. This would also explain why people keep getting more and mroe sensitive to hairloss as they age. For ex someone in their 40s has lower test than in their 20s but lost of people start balding in their 40s. I belive it takes a while for androgens to start gene expression and it the amount only increases over more exposure

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every 3 months you would need to have a checkup with your doctor. Every 6 months or so you'd get some blood work done that would check overall health and also a testosterone check would be recommended.

You know of any scenarios where people maintained their gains from spironolactone with finesteride?

Like say I got on spironolactone for a few months got my temples back and then dropped it and stayed on finasteride

Tommy poh

My Regimen
Reaction score
@AmericanHairlines90 could u guide me, my regimen is in my profile, NW3 rn,want Regrowth but 20,should I be adding very low dose of spironolactone... Like 25mg.i am too scared of the sides due to spironolactone,can't do minoxidil oral or topical.i don't want गुणों, nor do I want anything which will mess up my brain and cognitive function(i am a medical student and far way to go,don't wanna fail or something)