You Might Be Interested In Reading This.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some women with PCOS find it helpful for Hirsutism and acne, maybe mildly for hairloss, but at the end of th day it is actually considered a weak antiandrogen, which is why you need to take 100-200mg to POSSIBLY seen any results. You’re right, some women see a worsening of hair condition or shedding. I personally don’t know if it made my hair situation worse, but it certainly never helped. I’ve found through my reading that the best antiandrogen seems to be flutamide, but that’s just what I have heard from women with PCOS or male to female transgender people, and many of these women haven’t tried RU which is supposed to be topically equivalent to flutamide. Theoretically, taking RU and avodart daily + minoxidil + Diane35 should be successful. But so far I’m still losing my hair
:(

Fair play to you for going all out. Got to respect that. Wishing you the best of luck, pal.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The experiences they are sharing are very helpful. But if they are violating some forum's rule or bothering the members who want to read only about the OP's story, maybe it would be a good idea to share experiences in "Why Doesnt Oral Spironolactone Get Mentioned As Muh Asother Anti-androgens?" or any other thread with a general subject but related to the regimen you're on.

yourworld001

Established Member
Reaction score

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't it bother you to stay on spironolactone for the life to keep the hairs ? I'm already on dutasteride but afraid to go on spironolactone route seems like too much.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
While you were growing your hair back over 5 years did you notice periods where it looked thinner, then got back on track?
Or was it a straight line up progression.

When I started spironolactone it was pretty much straight line up progression. Didn’t take too long either.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you had your hormone levels tested including estrogen after being on these drugs so long?
Yes. I have gotten testosterone tests done. A brief overview of the results are originally a significant drop in testosterone then after a while my testosterone levels went back up to the normal range how is was before I had started. However the bizarre thing is I still have my hair. I would have thought my hair would’ve started to fall out again when my testosterone went back up to post levels but it isn’t the case.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
However the bizarre thing is I still have my hair. I would have thought my hair would’ve started to fall out again when my testosterone went back up to post levels but it isn’t the case.
it makes sense, regardless of levels spironolactone still blocks androgen receptors

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have gotten testosterone tests done. A brief overview of the results are originally a significant drop in testosterone then after a while my testosterone levels went back up to the normal range how is was before I had started. However the bizarre thing is I still have my hair. I would have thought my hair would’ve started to fall out again when my testosterone went back up to post levels but it isn’t the case.

Awesome, was it free/total and direct testosterone? I guess the one the matters most is direct (bioavailable) testosterone

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's my understanding that spironolactone won't impair testosterone synthesis like cpa or e2.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. Thank you for sharing. I will look into finasteride 1mg+oral spironolactone first before taking on dutasteride+oral spironolactone.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question...

"I managed to get a prescription for oral spironolactone starting out at a low dose for a couple of days to get my body used to the medication and then increased it to about 100mg a day."

When you say "low dose", what dose was that?

Topher

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks so much for sharing your story. You could of just pretend you never had hairloss, but instead shared your experience here. You now have a silky smooth hairline, your dick works, and you lift weights, you killed male pattern baldness! Thanks again! I keep coming back to look at your hairline to keep me positive and to keep me on my routine.

kaustubh.s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I'm taking finasteride1mg ED for almost 3 months
I saw some improvement in density initially but now after 3 months I'm shedding like crazy and my hairline has thinned out a lot
Is it the regular finasteride shed or something else

Has anyone faced shedding after 3 months of finasteride??

Please reply

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Results like these just confirm big pharmaceutical companies have the cure but can't release it due to scumbag companies like Pfizer etc who pay governments vast sums of money to keep peddling their Propecia and Minoxidil filth.