Women only want men with straight/convex hairlines!

seb

Reaction score
Maystor said:
Those are some fantastic posts Buzzlightyear. It's a shame one gets accused of trolling around here solely for posting some positive comments. It's not that I think ucman and others don't make some good points, and yes I'm in the NW4< crowd who "doesn't get it" but still, I believe the amount of negativity on here is ridiculous.

I wonder what did everyone here think about bald people before they starting balding themselves? Did you look at them as freaks, treat them differently, point finger at them and laugh? What difference did the lack of hair make when it came to interaction with those people? I can honestly I've never cared one bit. I mean, you notice it, just like you notice someone is overweight, tall, short, has a big nose or whatever, but in the end it still makes zero difference how you view them as a person. And IF someone is the kind of person to judge others over things they have no control of, should one really care that much, or care at all about what they think?

Most people judge...dont you know the great traits of man?

Buzzlightyear

Reaction score
Beingbaldsucks said:
Balding in the early 20 is a good reason to commit sucide

Ya man cause nothing is worse than balding, blindness, deafness, being paralyzed, having cancer, having a stroke and being crippled, severe burns to the face, being raped, losing your balls and or dick to a disease, losing limbs. I mean I can keep going but off the top of my head I would say these are miles ahead of baldness. Your post is retarded for obvious reasons and I'll tell you right now you wanna know why no women wants to love you ? It's not because you're bald it's because your mentality is that without your hair you deserve to be dead, quite sad sir. You should visit a sick kids hospital sometime maybe give you some perspective on what matters in life.

maradona

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you are right...but i can't move on...baldness is taking over my life :sobbing: :(

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
Buzzlightyear said:
Beingbaldsucks said:

Ya man cause nothing is worse than balding, blindness, deafness, being paralyzed, having cancer, having a stroke and being crippled, severe burns to the face, being raped, losing your balls and or dick to a disease, losing limbs. I mean I can keep going but off the top of my head I would say these are miles ahead of baldness. Your post is retarded for obvious reasons and I'll tell you right now you wanna know why no women wants to love you ? It's not because you're bald it's because your mentality is that without your hair you deserve to be dead, quite sad sir. You should visit a sick kids hospital sometime maybe give you some perspective on what matters in life.

we dont care about un healthy children, or criples or blind people.

we just dont want to loose our hair in your youth, its a valid emotional need.

you shoulndt need to compare our "problem" with HUGE horrific problems such as being severely burned or loosing our limbs.

"would you rather loose your hair or be severely burned in the face" - come on in this your helping phrase to the problem, by simply ignoring it and bringing up a FAR WORSE problem.

Jockson

Established Member
Reaction score
He's just putting things into perspective. Obviously people are different and will be affected differently by different things but surely you can see how ridiculous Beingbaldsucks' statement is even if he was semi serious? Because there ARE people on here who in fact do believe losing hair is worse than getting cancer.

Buzzlightyear

Reaction score
HairPieceMan said:
Buzzlightyear said:
Beingbaldsucks said:

we dont care about un healthy children, or criples or blind people.

we just dont want to loose our hair in your youth, its a valid emotional need.

you shoulndt need to compare our "problem" with HUGE horrific problems such as being severely burned or loosing our limbs.

"would you rather loose your hair or be severely burned in the face" - come on in this your helping phrase to the problem, by simply ignoring it and bringing up a FAR WORSE problem.

Speak for yourself, I am not ignoring the problem just simply pointing out that even though you hate your life it really could be much worse it`s called perspective you might want to get it. Of course you`re obviously to consumed with your own problems to give the world any real thought but you should try it sometime, it might give you reasons to be happy with what you have.

slipy

Reaction score
one shouldn't try to compare hair loss to horrifying physical afflictions. giving this perspective won't make many of us change our sentiments towards baldness. also you should acknowledge the fact that aside from physical health, theres emotional health, i don't need to tell you how severely that can be impaired by premature hair loss.

suicide
i think baldness could be a valid reason, i have no doubt in my mind there are people who have killed themselves over this. people end their lives for lesser reasons . not saying this is the way. im also not saying one should endure if everythings absolutely unbearable. it's their choice.

Buzzlightyear

Reaction score
slipy said:
one shouldn't try to compare hair loss to horrifying physical afflictions. giving this perspective won't make many of us change our sentiments towards baldness. also you should acknowledge the fact that aside from physical health, theres emotional health, i don't need to tell you how severely that can be impaired by premature hair loss.

suicide
i think baldness could be a valid reason, i have no doubt in my mind there are people who have killed themselves over this. people end their lives for lesser reasons . not saying this is the way. im also not saying one should endure if everythings absolutely unbearable. it's their choice.

I am not comparing hair loss to these things I have mentioned I am simply stating that it could be a lot worse in your life then some of us see. the perspective I am giving is that there are things in this world to be grateful for, your life could be worse. I understand how mental health can be severely impaired with hair loss but it's how we get lost in our minds with expectations of perfection, looks wise that impairs us. The day that you stop living life hating yourself for something that is natural and nothing to be ashamed of is the day that you (and I use you in reference to anyone with these problems) that you will see light at the end of the tunnel, life isn't measured by how much hair is on your head.

slipy

Reaction score
sure there are worse things, but this is a forum designed specifically for hair loss sufferers, what do you expect to see here? this is our only safe place where we can talk about this, discuss the effects of hair loss on life, whine a little, it's not like were walking around and bothering non balding people irl. so no harm done.

and obviously if you were that content with your own hair loss the thought of joining this site would've never crossed your mind. whats your Norwood level anyways? maybe your's not advanced enough yet for you to feel the full effect of male pattern baldness.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Maystor said:
Because there ARE people on here who in fact do believe losing hair is worse than getting cancer.
While I won't argue that it's worse, many cancer patients testify that the worst part was loosing their hair.

While perspective is all well and good, at the end of the day we are still validated to be upset about our own situation. Why? Because it effects us personally and impacts our lives on a profound level, therefore it is always relevant.

And slipy is right, while you (buzz) may be of the mindset that we are pathetic losers if ever there was a place to be so it would be here... do you use that "pathetic looser" approach when counciling troubled teens? You know, trivialize their problems and concerns by offering them up worse examples? Anywho, this place is like one big diary because the emotions expressed here are of the innermost nature and not what we would outwardly share with the world.

Buzzlightyear

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Maystor said:
Because there ARE people on here who in fact do believe losing hair is worse than getting cancer.
While I won't argue that it's worse, many cancer patients testify that the worst part was loosing their hair.

While perspective is all well and good, at the end of the day we are still validated to be upset about our own situation. Why? Because it effects us personally and impacts our lives on a profound level, therefore it is always relevant.

And slipy is right, while you (buzz) may be of the mindset that we are pathetic losers if ever there was a place to be so it would be here... do you use that "pathetic looser" approach when counciling troubled teens? You know, trivialize their problems and concerns by offering them up worse examples? Anywho, this place is like one big diary because the emotions expressed here are of the innermost nature and not what we would outwardly share with the world.

I am not in the mindset that you're all pathetic losers, but there are posts on here when you and others act like that's what you are, meanwhile I am trying to show you that you're not. I have been trying to say that once people stop acting like that you will see that people don't view you like that. However if you're going to act like there is something wrong with you others are going to think that to.

slipy

Reaction score
were entitled to our own feelings and thoughts. if your purpose here is to change peoples mindsets towards baldness you might as well forget about it, you won't succeed at that. you're just gonna end up arguing here back and forth ,back and forth. there were others before you that tried the same thing, using the very same arguments that you have now. needless to say their efforts were fruitless.

this isn't a pro-baldness site, it won't ever be. theres slybaldguys for that (which you might wanna consider joining if you don't find the atmosphere here appealing).

Buzzlightyear

Reaction score
lol is this everyone's response I shouldn't bother trying to make people feel better ? You are all that desperate to wallow in self pity ? I know my opinion isn't going to change everyone's perspective I am well aware, but if 1 or 2 people find solace in some of the stuff I say it's fine by me. I am just trying to make some people feel better about themselves as it's quite unhealthy to come on here and have everyone tell you how miserable they are. If I wanted to go chat with people who are all happy I would but I am going to continue to attempt to make some of you feel better about themselves and I am going nowhere, not everyone has to live in complete misery and maybe you all have given up on yourselves but I won't be giving up on any of you anytime soon.

slipy

Reaction score
there are varying degrees of misery here. there are some like you, there are those who are somehow dealing with male pattern baldness, and then there those who are completely miserable (i sometimes fit in this last category). but ultimately i think regardless of your efforts everyones going to remain the same unless they experienced some life changing event.

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slipy said:
this isn't a pro-baldness site, it won't ever be. theres slybaldguys for that (which you might wanna consider joining if you don't find the atmosphere here appealing).

Slipy, just because someone doesn't share your stupidly negative outlook on life doesn't mean that by default they must obviously belong at slybaldguys... :roll:

That's one extreme to the other.

The fact is there is a small unfortunate number of posters here who seriously get off on misery.

Misery and depression just like, happiness, excitement, aggression or any other intense emotion are highly addictive to any human being.

This forum is to those posters, what a crackpipe is to a junkie... they know honestly within themselves that it's bad for their health and wellbeing and their daily misery posts aren't going to improve their life in any way, but being the misery dopefiends they are, they just can't help themselves! No self control, they've just given up on life.

seb

Reaction score
Why cant we,as a species leave people be...if one wants too have a beard,long hair,wear certain attire etc,its their body.This applies to how one feels.If myself,and others want to wallow in our own self-pity,why do people feel the need to harass us for it....we obviously feel bad enough as it is,we dont need people getting on their moral high-horse and preaching too us.

slipy

Reaction score
all i did was explain the situation to buzz in case he had some false expectations of being some kind of messiah on this site. he's free to do as he pleases.

seb

Reaction score
slipy said:
all i did was explain the situation to buzz in case he had some false expectations of being some kind of messiah on this site. he's free to do as he pleases.

I wasnt having a go at you..you do know that dont you...I was talking to PRIMO and referring to others of his "ilk",who constantly flame people such as you and I for being negative.