Will There Be A Cure For Baldness In 3 Years Time?

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That Italian lotion thing seems nice. I'd try it, but only after some encouraging reviews.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're talking to the King of the Sad Frog memes, mate. Check some of my old posts. :D

P.S.: sorry about your hair loss, man, we're all on the same boat here.
Damn I saw some of your posts. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of people in my family are ugly as f*** but still manage to get together with some hot girls (it's almost a tradition and they speak openly about it :p). While undoubtedly hair will make a significant difference to our eggheads, there's other stuff like confidence, being funny, etc. So heads up, even if we don't get a cure we can still hit the gym and work on our personalities.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
work on our personalities.
I like your optimism but I wish you could explain what you mean by "working on one's personality". Me, I have always tried to be the best person I could and I find it hard to understand how someone was concealing his best self for the moment he went bald.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man will land on Mars before they cure hair loss.
In addition: men will have landed on Mars and people will still die by cancer on Earth.
But it makes sense: machines, orbits, propulsion are much easier to understand and compute than DNA and human tissue creation.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In addition: men will have landed on Mars and people will still die by cancer on Earth.
But it makes sense: machines, orbits, propulsion are much easier to understand and compute than DNA and human tissue creation.

True. But cancer is much more complex, there's different types of cancers which each require an individual cure (I would assume). One cancer cured, is one down from more than 100 types. So we will need over 100 cures for cancer to actually cure cancer in general.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like your optimism but I wish you could explain what you mean by "working on one's personality". Me, I have always tried to be the best person I could and I find it hard to understand how someone was concealing his best self for the moment he went bald.
When I say work on your personality I mean try being more confident, more sociable, etc. I don't deny that hair loss screws with you, after all I login to this website every day, but you can work on other stuff as well.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the cure is revealed soon, and you work on your personality in the meantime, you'll have both killer hair and a killer personality by then. But it's hard to think it matters when we have no guarantee.

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If the cure is revealed soon, and you work on your personality in the meantime, you'll have both killer hair and a killer personality by then. But it's hard to think it matters when we have no guarantee.

You can't actually work on your personality. Personality is shaped by different things, your parents influence, your peers influence and lastly events that happen in your life (emotional, physical, things out of your control). Personality changes from events that happen to you or events that happen to someone else that you were also affected by. There's no such thing as changing your personality at will.

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes there is. It's true that your personality is not a direct result of a choice, but it is an indirect result of the influences you choose to surround yourself with, the people you listen to, the amount of time you alot to taking in this influence, your willpower to act in a manner that is different from what your current personality/mind recommends. And other things that you, correct, cannot control.

And no, I don't think there will be a cure for baldness in 3 years. At least not a perfect one, cause I think we're a lot closer to what most people consider "cured" it's just that my standards are higher than most. I don't want scars from any procedure

GiveMeAccessToMyAccount

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes there is. It's true that your personality is not a direct result of a choice, but it is an indirect result of the influences you choose to surround yourself with, the people you listen to, the amount of time you alot to taking in this influence, your willpower to act in a manner that is different from what your current personality/mind recommends. And other things that you, correct, cannot control.

And no, I don't think there will be a cure for baldness in 3 years. At least not a perfect one, cause I think we're a lot closer to what most people consider "cured" it's just that my standards are higher than most. I don't want scars from any procedure

But how can you change who you talk to? That's not a luxury that many adults have. Once you grow up into adulthood there's going to be things that you cannot change. For example, if your hairloss changed you from being outgoing to being anti-social and being afraid of going to bars or parties, that's never going to change back to normal until said event reverses (you grow your hair back). You can't just talk to different peers to make your emotional suffering go away in adulthood. Since we're in a hairloss forum let's keep example of hairloss. Hairloss already consumed you and controls a certain part of you, therefore it changed you. You can maybe offset the distress that hairloss made on your personality with something else, like some how scoring a hot woman who doesn't care about your hair or become rich by some miracle. But that part of you that gets emotional about hairloss will always be there.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about starting .50mg finasteride. What are the chances I would only need to take it 2-3 years and be able to drop it due to future treatments like histogen, replicle, follica being able to maintain without finasteride?

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But how can you change who you talk to?

By choosing to, if there is a reason to. An example of changing your influences can include surrounding yourself with the voices of people you look up to. I know that after listening to some of my favorite creators, I talk more like them and use their vocabulary all the time. At that time when I was learning, I intentionally wanted to change/improve my personality, and now my personality is changed/improved.

That's not a luxury that many adults have. Once you grow up into adulthood there's going to be things that you cannot change. For example, if your hairloss changed you from being outgoing to being anti-social and being afraid of going to bars or parties, that's never going to change back to normal until said event reverses (you grow your hair back). You can't just talk to different peers to make your emotional suffering go away in adulthood.
My intent was to show that you can change your personality, not undo suffering.
Since we're in a hairloss forum let's keep example of hairloss. Hairloss already consumed you and controls a certain part of you, therefore it changed you. You can maybe offset the distress that hairloss made on your personality with something else, like some how scoring a hot woman who doesn't care about your hair or become rich by some miracle. But that part of you that gets emotional about hairloss will always be there.
As you said, there are parts of ourselves that we don't control and can't change. But I also think there are parts of ourselves we can totally change if we choose to.

^Christoppp I wish I could tell you. Shiseido/replicel would ideally be the finasteride replacement, but we have no idea if they can do what they claim they can do. If they worked a hundred percent and came out in six months maybe I'd take finasteride, any longer and it's not worth it in my opinion.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By choosing to, if there is a reason to. An example of changing your influences can include surrounding yourself with the voices of people you look up to. I know that after listening to some of my favorite creators, I talk more like them and use their vocabulary all the time. At that time when I was learning, I intentionally wanted to change/improve my personality, and now my personality is changed/improved.

My intent was to show that you can change your personality, not undo suffering.
As you said, there are parts of ourselves that we don't control and can't change. But I also think there are parts of ourselves we can totally change if we choose to.

^Christoppp I wish I could tell you. Shiseido/replicel would ideally be the finasteride replacement, but we have no idea if they can do what they claim they can do. If they worked a hundred percent and came out in six months maybe I'd take finasteride, any longer and it's not worth it in my opinion.
Well i don't think they will be out in 6 months so are you saying starting finasteride wouldn't be worth it? I'm so afraid of sides

Gone

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just my opinion and my way of gauging if it's worth it or not. So far Tsuji is the consensus leader on credibility and his method doesn't require any type of maintenance with a drug. But if shiseido is a success some people might regret not maintaining, since their method will require that your follicles haven't fibrosed/been too damaged. Even as the soonest-to-release treatment though, they're probably a year or so away or more. As you can see from my "regimen" I'm not doing jack sh*t for my hair. Totally up to you though.

Christoppp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's just my opinion and my way of gauging if it's worth it or not. So far Tsuji is the consensus leader on credibility and his method doesn't require any type of maintenance with a drug. But if shiseido is a success some people might regret not maintaining, since their method will require that your follicles haven't fibrosed/been too damaged. Even as the soonest-to-release treatment though, they're probably a year or so away or more. As you can see from my "regimen" I'm not doing jack sh*t for my hair. Totally up to you though.
You also afraid of limp dick for the rest of your life? How would you feel if Tsuji doesn't work out and you lose everything in a year then replicel comes out in 2 years. Sorry if i seem rude just really curious if you would hate yourself for slacking or just live with what life gives ya.