Why there will NEVER be a cure for baldness

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a bunch of things out there that will get you your hair back. Unfortunately, none are safe or have “insignificant” consequences. That’s the only hurdle really, which just so happens to be very hard to solve, at least with any angle we’ve tried to date.

To say it will never happen is very naive. Medical breakthroughs are exponential in nature. Just a matter of catching up. There’s also more people interested in this issue today than any other period.

The answer of “when” is also not much more interesting. I personally would put the bounds between 5 and 100 years, distributed fairly uniform. I have no data for that, purely opinion. Anyone who tells you anything more concise is lying.
BOLDING

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
If things go well, in 3 more months I'll give you all an answer to this awful disease. And for free, of course. Watching people ruining their life because of this disease is painful.

I've managed to reduce shedding to normal for 5 days straight, I think I found the way. Before my hair kept falling out if I run my hand through it. Now I get 2-3 hair shed max, the feeling when run my hand through is great, like youth day. Wait for me for 3 more months, if the result is good, I'll share everything here.

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
The cure is effectively already here, as long as you aren't a norwood 7 with DUPA.

Best in the world transplant surgeons + some anti androgen to protect it and your donor, and it is a functional equivalent.

One day the best treatment will be a topical, localized dutasteride strength anti androgen, or hair cloning transplant.

mminh

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cure is effectively already here, as long as you aren't a norwood 7 with DUPA.

Best in the world transplant surgeons + some anti androgen to protect it and your donor, and it is a functional equivalent.

One day the best treatment will be a topical, localized dutasteride strength anti androgen, or hair cloning transplant.

My method is a nature cure, fix your inside, and hair growth back on its own, no cost, no side effect, and you may be saving money as well. I hope I am right this time.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

why is it over for DUPA? does an anti androgen + hair transplant not work if you have diffused hair loss?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
why is it over for DUPA? does an anti androgen + hair transplant not work if you have diffused hair loss?
Your donor will also be diffused and won't grow like normal hair. Effectively your donor is miniaturized just like your recipient area, but it doesn't fall out completely like the top.

Doihavedupa

My Regimen
Reaction score

You think an anti androgen is even necessary? Donor (if taken from the safe zone using strip) should be fairly DHT resistant. I’ve never seen a completely bald guy. Everyone has decent hair over their occipital.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You think an anti androgen is even necessary? Donor (if taken from the safe zone using strip) should be fairly DHT resistant. I’ve never seen a completely bald guy. Everyone has decent hair over their occipital.
Yes, there is some scientific evidence/research to suggest the donor area accepts certain characteristics of the recipient area when it is transplanted.

Most men will probably be fine and maybe suffer 5-10% loss as senile alopecia progresses as they age, but the higher Norwood you are and the less "robust" your donor looks, the more susceptible you may be to your transplanted hair thinning out over the long run (5-10 years +).

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Doesn't work for NW7 area diffusers, which is most aggressive balders.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
https://www.jcasonline.com/article....;issue=4;spage=292;epage=297;aulast=Kumaresan

Abstract
Background: The longevity of the grafted hair follicles is still debated and there are limited literature available on this topic. Aim: To assess the longevity of transplanted hairs after follicular unit transfer (FUT). Materials and Methods: A total of 112 patients who had undergone FUT were included in the study and their results at the end of 4 years were compared with the 1 year post surgery results by standardized images. The reduction in the density of the grafted hair follicles was graded by a blinded observer in a grading scale. Results: Among 112 subjects 50.89% had grade 4, 46.42% had grade 5, 2.67% had grade 6 alopecia respectfully. The 4 year follow up grading of hair loss showed moderate reduction in transplanted hair density in 55.35%, slightly reduced density in 27.67% greatly reduced in 8.03% and no change in the density in 8.92% subjects. Conclusion: The hair grafts transplanted may not last permanently for all the subjects. Recipient site influence might affect the growth and long-term survival of the transplanted hairs.

Here are some more examples:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16931898/

Abstract​

Pathogenetic mechanisms in androgenetic alopecia are not yet fully understood; however, it is commonly accepted that androgens like testosterone (T) and 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone (5alpha-DHT) inhibit hair follicle activity with early induction of the catagen. Thus, we investigated the influence of T and 5alpha-DHT on proliferation, cell death and bcl-2/bax expression in cultured dermal papilla cells (DPC) from nonbalding scalp regions of healthy volunteers. T and 5alpha-DHT induced apoptosis in DPC in a dose-dependent and time-related manner; in addition a necrotic effect due to T at 10(-5) M was found. Interestingly, bcl-2 protein expression was decreased in T- and 5alpha-DHT-treated cells, leading to an increase in the bax/bcl-2 ratio. In addition, T and 5alpha-DHT induced proteolytic cleavage of caspase 8 and inhibited proliferation of DPC at 10(-5) M. High concentrations of T and 5alpha-DHT were needed to induce apoptotic effects in DPC. These data suggest that DPC from nonbalding scalp regions do have the capacity to undergo apoptosis, but need a high androgen stimulus. The present study provides an interesting new pathogenetic approach in androgenetic alopecia.
Even Dr. Bernstein, a respected surgeon, raises suspicions about it with evidence:

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/research/donor-dominance-revisited/

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Number of good Norwood#7 results I have seen from clinics in the last 20 years: A few dozen.

Number of people who have won over $1 million dollars buying a lottery ticket in the last 20 years: Tens of thousands.