Why there will NEVER be a cure for baldness

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bros, you get me wrong. I don't pain all the big pharma companies evil. On the contrary, I think they deserved respect because their product is helping million to billion people. Their research is wonderful, otherwise, we have nothing to talk about outside of anecdote cases. What I want to debate here is: Along the process to try to help people, greed comes in and the will to get to the core of problems diminishes. And that's perfectly normal to be greedy, I don't hate or blame them for that. It's not their responsibility to find a cure.

But I want to find/ have a cure, and I have very little hope that it comes from those companies. If more and more bald peoples realize that, they may take action on their own and we have more chances. I did experiments for years on myself, if one day I succeed, great. If I don't, I hope more people think this way and try to find the cure instead of relying on big companies.
If your experiments are natural compounds I'm afraid you're wasting your time. They've all been tried.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bros, you get me wrong. I don't pain all the big pharma companies evil. On the contrary, I think they deserved respect because their product is helping million to billion people. Their research is wonderful, otherwise, we have nothing to talk about outside of anecdote cases. What I want to debate here is: Along the process to try to help people, greed comes in and the will to get to the core of problems diminishes. And that's perfectly normal to be greedy, I don't hate or blame them for that. It's not their responsibility to find a cure.

But I want to find/ have a cure, and I have very little hope that it comes from those companies. If more and more bald peoples realize that, they may take action on their own and we have more chances. I did experiments for years on myself, if one day I succeed, great. If I don't, I hope more people think this way and try to find the cure instead of relying on big companies.
We don't disagree about the nature of the industry. Yes, (potential) profits do drive them and if there would be a potential cure that would cost a lot to research but would yield virtually no revenue, not much companies will pursue it.

However, I don't see why you would think that a slightly better product than currently available would be preferable from a business perspective. It would have to compete with fina and minoxidil, who are well established and known by the market, and who are not that profitable by themselves. Generic propecia is dirt cheap, why would people pay big bucks for a product that is marginally better with no name recognition?

I get the idea of "hooking" customer to a product, so you get repeat sales etc, but for this market, I don't think it makes that much sense.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The industry has basically nothing to lose by releasing better baldness treatments. There is no decent one right now.

Minoxidil treats hair loss like face makeup treats acne.
Finasteride treats hair loss like brushing your teeth treats cavities.
Hair transplants treat hair loss like dentures treat tooth decay.

THE EXISTING TREATMENTS ARE ALL PATHETIC!

This is how a normal person sees it. They aren't like us. They don't have cruelly-lowered expectations. They don't believe in "manageable" sexual side effects, or "manageable" face bloating & headaches.

And when normal people hear about a 'hair restoration' method, they imagine something that would f**king WORK. Norwood #7 into Elvis. Do-able for all ages.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every field needs talkers and doers. The rejuvenation-field is getting more attention due to types like Sinclair. Others might be better at doing the actual work, but the attention he generates can be a positive.

We gotta be more specific, let's say:

- unlimited hair
- no sides, no increased risk of cancer
- not dht-resistant
- new follicles are identical to native follicles in term of color, curl, thickness etc.
- $50.000,-

I would say it is a pretty attractive offering.
what about if someone is completely bald and want different type of hair than the original ? will be possible to choose hair colour, thickness and density?

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing has a cure, not even a simple cold. Hair loss is no exception. Cancers, Aids, etc, no cure. Humans give themselves too much credit when it comes to cures. No, they are likely not hiding or preventing a hair loss cure. We literally just don’t know how to cure anything. Humans try, but the human body is very complex. We are just not that advanced yet.

When humans from the future look back centuries to see when the best hair loss treatments started, in the grand scheme of things, Rogaine’s and Propecia’s discovery years, to present year, will be cluttered into one era. Early 90s to 2022 is a mere 30ish years…which is nothing. Even if you fast forward to 2050, 2080, that’s not even a century yet.

It took us 100s of years to stop worshipping the Sun. And even then, what that turned into was just a more sophisticated version of what Natives did. Which is called religion, and we now worship an invisible “higher being” that rules over our lives and punishes us accordingly. Also, when we die, if we are good, we will join this being up in the sky.

Let that last paragraph sink in a bit. We are still quite primitive. You can’t possibly expect for a civilization like ours to cure something as complex as hair loss. I mean ffs man, we are intelligent but not THAT intelligent yet.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what about if someone is completely bald and want different type of hair than the original ? will be possible to choose hair colour, thickness and density?
What I got from the Stemson presentation is that they are developing a custom product, for someones one hair I presume, and a more generic version. I could see that as, say, 10 versions for Indian hair, 10 versions for Chinese etc.

If that is indeed the idea and whether they are capable of delivering is something else, of course. But I think it would be possible to choose different hair.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing has a cure, not even a simple cold. Hair loss is no exception. Cancers, Aids, etc, no cure. Humans give themselves too much credit when it comes to cures. No, they are likely not hiding or preventing a hair loss cure. We literally just don’t know how to cure anything. Humans try, but the human body is very complex. We are just not that advanced yet.

When humans from the future look back centuries to see when the best hair loss treatments started, in the grand scheme of things, Rogaine’s and Propecia’s discovery years, to present year, will be cluttered into one era. Early 90s to 2022 is a mere 30ish years…which is nothing. Even if you fast forward to 2050, 2080, that’s not even a century yet.

It took us 100s of years to stop worshipping the Sun. And even then, what that turned into was just a more sophisticated version of what Natives did. Which is called religion, and we now worship an invisible “higher being” that rules over our lives and punishes us accordingly. Also, when we die, if we are good, we will join this being up in the sky.

Let that last paragraph sink in a bit. We are still quite primitive. You can’t possibly expect for a civilization like ours to cure something as complex as hair loss. I mean ffs man, we are intelligent but not THAT intelligent yet.
Agreed, it is not that simple to clone organs safely and effectively and introduce them to the human body.

Why would the super primitive era end this year btw? Do you think significant progress will be made from this year on?

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Our problem is that we look at the picture in terms of human logic and assumptions. The market and business do not work this way, it has long been clear that when selling any product, the opinion of the buyer is not taken into account, but the animal instincts of a person are taken into account. There are 3 main ones - survival, reproduction and dominance (manifestation of the first two). Dominance is what makes us try to be better than others, it manifests itself in any area (even donating to your favorite blogger, this is his manifestation), it is this instinct that makes you panic because of the lack of hair, in the end you will not find a girl and she will not give birth to a bunch of children for you and you will not be able to give your parents grandchildren, be happy, etc. (actually this is nonsense, because women are arranged differently). The bottom line is that these instincts are being manipulated into sell this or that product. You coul say that a lot of companies failed, right, but that just means they had less talented marketers. If you think that you are very different from animals, then I will disappoint you ..

In fact, those who invest money do not have a share of the same finasteride, these are completely new players in the market who see a future perspective, because. the future is fixated on beauty and fashion(and this is despite the fact that tolerance is being promoted everywhere and everywhere, the propaganda of which makes this problem even more destructive). The old generation can still say "bald? Yes, and God bless him", the new generation is more prone to depression and it is quite natural that the next one will suffer even more. We also do not take into account that baldness is becoming an increasingly common problem every year, including for women. This is a huge potential for those who want to earn.

We also do not see the inner workings between researchers and investors, we do not know who promises what to whom. I assume that those who create the "medicine" promise those who invest big profits and bright prospects. Since they both want to make money, in the end there is a fiasco. Creativity and money are antagonists. Some push others, set deadlines, demand something, others do not agree, do not have time, etc. There is a conflict of interest and often we see a break in relations between companies and the suspension of research.

There was also a question - "why not make a drug that will cure baldness completely, but will cost 50,000 euros?". Because it is not profitable, it greatly narrows the circle of people who can afford it. The market is not based only on people who live in favorable conditions, and even there, most people will not give that kind of money. It is much more promising if 300,000,000 people buy a product for $20 a month than 1,000,000 buy it and forget it. There is also a black market that will reduce the cost of this technology bypassing the patent and that will not bring profit to those who developed this product. In fact, there are too many nuances for those who want to make money.

And lastly, new technologies must be, otherwise we will get stagnation, which will be reflected in mass discontent. Today we already see the dissatisfaction of many who do not understand why 30 years have passed since the creation of finasteride and there is nothing new. In the end, the effect of a stretched bowstring will occur, which suddenly explodes.

I apologize if I'm not writing something correctly, I use a translator because English is not my native language.

Tldr

Sociology fresher by any chance?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I got from the Stemson presentation is that they are developing a custom product, for someones one hair I presume, and a more generic version. I could see that as, say, 10 versions for Indian hair, 10 versions for Chinese etc.

If that is indeed the idea and whether they are capable of delivering is something else, of course. But I think it would be possible to choose different hair.
do you think that you can order the hair you want? e.g. thick, coarse, stiff hair when the original was soft?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Talking about the likelihood of a 'cure' is pretty much a straw man argument. It's raising the bar a lot higher than necessary.

We cannot cure yellow teeth, or pale skin, or fingernails that grow too long, or calluses on your feet, stubborn belly fat, etc. But we have practical treatments for these problems.

In 2022 we still don't have practical hair loss treatments. We have a couple of clumsy indirect ways to slow down the worsening of the problem. Nothing more.

Imagine if you could pay a couple thousand dollars to some clinic and get your thinning hair's density boosted for 4-7 years (one hair cycle). That would not be a 'cure' at all. But it would be life-changing for millions.

Last edited:

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That statement is inaccurate, belief in one God has existed since as far back as we can remember. There were object worshippers, atheists and religious people just as there are today. Believing this universe and this complex human body came from nothing is actually more ridiculous

Same way your other statements are inaccurate. We have reached a stage where we can cure many diseases that we couldn’t a century ago.

You just don’t have knowledge and imparting your ignorance upon others lol

There would’ve been cure for many diseases but it’s not beneficial to big pharma so it won’t happen. It’s not a conspiracy it’s just simple $$$ driven world we live in right now

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking about the likelihood of a 'cure' is pretty much a straw man argument. It's raising the bar a lot higher than necessary.

We cannot cure yellow teeth, or pale skin, or fingernails that grow too long, or calluses on your feet, stubborn belly fat, etc. But we have practical treatments for these problems.

In 2022 we still don't have practical hair loss treatments. We have a couple of clumsy indirect ways to slow down the worsening of the problem. Nothing more.

Imagine if you could pay a couple thousand dollars to some clinic and get your thinning hair's density boosted for 4-7 years (one hair cycle). That would not be a 'cure' at all. But it would be life-changing for millions.
if cloning hair is not a one-time treatment, no one will pay for it> 100k $ normal, and how would stemson know how long their hair will grow? it takes decades of patient follow-up

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

If the anagen phase was boosted to 5 years in all hairs wouldn't that be a cure?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
if cloning hair is not a one-time treatment, no one will pay for it> 100k $ normal, and how would stemson know how long their hair will grow? it takes decades of patient follow-up
Mice and pigs have shorter hair cycles. If it works for a year in mice that's a lifetime for us.

Ironically the average IQ was higher when more people believed in God. As we become more atheistic we are becoming dumber.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mice and pigs have shorter hair cycles. If it works for a year in mice that's a lifetime for us.

Ironically the average IQ was higher when more people believed in God. As we become more atheistic we are becoming dumber.
if they will charge 100k$> i want permanent cure, not hair for 5 years

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you have money like 100k for hair then you won’t mind paying every 5 years

bruh, I can buy a house for 100k
you have to be an idiot to pay 100k $ every five years for new hair, if their hair is not permanent, no one will buy it

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
you have to be an idiot to pay 100k $ every five years for new hair, if their hair is not permanent, no one will buy it
Why does this keep coming up over and over. Let it go. The procedure is for a LIFETIME. They already said IF top ups are required it will be included in the original price.