Why there will NEVER be a cure for baldness

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you have to be an idiot to pay 100k $ every five years for new hair, if their hair is not permanent, no one will buy it
If the hair generally falls out after, say, 10 years after treatment, there will probably be an option to have the follow-up included in the price.

But lets get to that point first :)

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why does this keep coming up over and over. Let it go. The procedure is for a LIFETIME. They already said IF top ups are required it will be included in the original price.
I understand the top ups are required only when someone is still going bald from the original non-cloned hair, if the hair that I get from stemson starts falling out and I start to go bald again their solution is just a fake

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand the top ups are required only when someone is still going bald from the original non-cloned hair, if the hair that I get from stemson starts falling out and I start to go bald again their solution is just a fake
All they said was if top-ups are required it will be free. I would assume that the only way you would need top-ups is if you continued losing your natural hair. If it works for 3 cycles in mice why would it only work for one cycle in humans? If it works in humans then it will work for the same number of cycles that it works in mice. Tsuji already got it up to 3 cycles at 80%. If they simply give you 125% to begin with then after 3 cycles, or 15 years, you're at 100% of natural density.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All they said was if top-ups are required it will be free. I would assume that the only way you would need top-ups is if you continued losing your natural hair. If it works for 3 cycles in mice why would it only work for one cycle in humans? If it works in humans then it will work for the same number of cycles that it works in mice. Tsuji already got it up to 3 cycles at 80%. If they simply give you 125% to begin with then after 3 cycles, or 15 years, you're at 100% of natural density.
that is, these new hairs will stay for the rest of their lives? let's say 50 years?

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully Stemson delivers before we get rejuvenation therapies that obligates them to service us into eternity!

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just watched this informative video by veritasium and it confirmed what we have always suspected but thought it too radical to not be true. At least, I didn’t believe it

Planned obsolescence is a real thing, just wow.

A cure to baldness would simply be not profitable. Hairloss is such a massive profitable industry, can you imagine what a cure would do to all that profit? End it in a heartbeat. People will just stop caring about hairloss and buying all hair products.

Maybe just maybe some small researcher somewhere does come up with a cure but even they might not be able to bring it to market and probably get crushed.

The best we can and will keep getting is a pill like finasteride or minoxidil that you’ve to take for the rest of your life.

So yeah, whoever was hoping for some miracle cure, it’s not happening.
Planned obsolescence is the calculated act of making sure the existing version of a product will become dated or useless within a given time frame. In technology circles, the replacement cycle for smartphones has historically been two to three years, as their underlying components wear down.

that's the definition.

I think Big Pharma/ Industry suppression is a better term really. Unless a more clinical one exists.

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The big pharma isn't interested and these small companies just aren't equipped to actually make a breakthrough or bring a cure to the market. The fate of just about all these companies is bankruptcy.

Take the example of covid, a vaccine was ready in MONTHS and experimental new technology at that. That's light speed in medical world since bringing new drugs to the market takes years to a decade.

I have no doubt that if those big pharma showed the same interest in baldness cure as they did for beating the covid, we would have a cure already. It's just not profitable to have a cure for baldness,

"06-Apr-2022 — In total, Merck booked an estimated $5.2 billion in sales of Propecia"

That's billions down the drain because nobody would take finasteride if they could just get a one time cure.
So you're saying if baldness did have a cure then you wouldn't need customers all the time. It would be a one and done. And then no money would be made. Crisis = opportunity,

DominoEffect

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The sad truth is there are many diseases that need cures, and hair loss is not as profitable or "morally" attractive to pursue as many others. In some way the OP is right, traditional pharmaceuticals aren't ideal for curing disease, but they are cheap and easy. For decades the technology was not there to move beyond this, and there was little motivation to invest in it as profits were rolling in and investments in new technology are risky. This dynamic has changed in the last decade. Technology is there to pursue better options, and the race is on to be the first one to cross the finish line with more advanced medicines like gene therapy, immunotherapies, mAbs, cellular reprogramming, etc. The cure is coming.
what do you think of "oh he wants hair enough to get a transplant. what vanity" people.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tldr

Sociology fresher by any chance?
Sociology is built on social instinct (the cerebral cortex). She is about 10 thousand years old, while the animal (reptilian brain) is about 500 million. Everything you do, you end up doing for the sake of animal instinct.

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are thousands of new balding guys born every day. The supply of customers never "runs out" no matter how long a treatment lasts.
I still have to encounter an argument why it matters to have repeat customers instead of just the total sum of money "the industry" can make on a individual.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is dumb as f*** lol. You can charge $100K to end baldness forever in an human and they would pay it instead of paying monthly bucks for chronic medication. Basic supply and demand stuff.

New people are born every day, the customer base is literally infinite demand forever. Half of humans are male, and around half of them will develop baldness before 40. The potential customer base is literally 25% of the entire planet population.

Baldness cure is coming, and the price for it will adjust accordingly. It would be much better business than chronic medication.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is dumb as f*** lol. You can charge $100K to end baldness forever in an human and they would pay it instead of paying monthly bucks for chronic medication. Basic supply and demand stuff.

New people are born every day, the customer base is literally infinite demand forever. Half of humans are male, and around half of them will develop baldness before 40. The potential customer base is literally 25% of the entire planet population.

Baldness cure is coming, and the price for it will adjust accordingly. It would be much better business than chronic medication.
I think it is obvious that a cure will one day appear. OP didn't choose the best title. He was probably frustrated. No need to be angry about it.

But, yeah... The cure will take a long time to be available to the majority of people.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like everything it would be very expensive at first and become more mainstream over time.

Things like Rhinoplasty and Breast Implants were only for very very rich people initially and it is pretty affordable and mainstream nowdays. They give you tits or a nose "forever" and its a good business with never ending clients. (Just to show an example)

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like everything it would be very expensive at first and become more mainstream over time.

Things like Rhinoplasty and Breast Implants were only for very very rich people initially and it is pretty affordable and mainstream nowdays. They give you tits or a nose "forever" and its a good business with never ending clients. (Just to show an example)
Your emotions speak. To begin with, let it appear, for now, we see only loud promises, without real results. We need to understand what kind of future we are talking about, maybe what will happen in 100 years? Well, yes, maybe there will be no more bald people. Everyone here is interested in their own life and the medicine that will improve this life for them today, while they are still alive, not when they are 70-80 age.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Time is the key issue. Not money. Not the supply of costumers.

Ppl talk about 5,10 years like it was nothing. It is a lot of time. I entered in this forum in 2016. My life and ideas are totally different today. In 5 years I might not even care about a cure for hair loss anymore. In 5 years froggy might be a popsicle already. In 5 years China might invade Taiwan and USA will have to fight in huge war. Iran might get nuclear weapons. You may die. Your loved one may die. Your friends may die.

5 years is a lot of time. This cure will probably need more time than that to be released. It will need a lot of time to be affordable.

We have finite lives. Dealing with hair loss with the weapons we have today is the wisest approach.

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is literally a cure for a huge amount of bald people - hair transplants.
You will never get the density you had with 18 but you will never go completely bald if you don't want to. Look at Zarev, Eugenix etc. They literally cure dudes up to nw6.

Most people can get 2-3 hair transplants.

Plus you have the option to create more (cosmetical) density with good SMP.

Plus there are a ton of upcoming treatments that will either regrow hair or at least halt the hair loss.

I understand when people get frustrated (me includee) but look at the opportunities we have today, that weren't there 10-15 years ago.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is literally a cure for a huge amount of bald people - hair transplants.
You will never get the density you had with 18 but you will never go completely bald if you don't want to. Look at Zarev, Eugenix etc. They literally cure dudes up to nw6.

Most people can get 2-3 hair transplants.

Plus you have the option to create more (cosmetical) density with good SMP.

Plus there are a ton of upcoming treatments that will either regrow hair or at least halt the hair loss.

I understand when people get frustrated (me includee) but look at the opportunities we have today, that weren't there 10-15 years ago.
SMP turns blue. It feels pathetic to get ink tattooed to your head to look like hair. I guess it's a good option for some people, but it doesn't solve my problem which is that about 30,000 of my organs are missing. I can't run my hands through smp. It wouldn't make me feel any better than being bald.

I get your point that we have more options, especially if you are just starting to bald. On the other hand millions of us still have no effective solution