why no love for laser combs?

Cassin

Reaction score
Gubter87 said:
Cassin: I am not sure there are such things available, but why don't you email the FDA and ask them?

you don't do that...if the FDA approves it, its available for the public.

they are available for Rogaine and Propecia...why not laser comb?

Cassin

Reaction score
No I won't do the ground work for you. Doesn't the fact that basic info on this product isn't plastered all over the place? It doesn't exist. If it did don't you think the companies would have the studies all over the place like propecia and rogaine. Anyway... me and several others are repeating ourselves over and over and a couple of you won't listen. If your unwilling to understand what various FDA standards are then we can't help you.

I'm not saying it doesn't work...I just want to see the FDA studies.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, at the very least I feel much more informed about the topic now ;) I actually bought a hairmax a few years ago and have been using it off and on with a "it can't hurt" mentality. I *think* it's been mildly effective; the only other things i use are tricomin and emu oil; and i've actually maintained/perhaps slightly improved over the last 3 years. I basically wanted to keep my regimen as systemic free as possible.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah; I agree. I guess I'm just happy to see that at least the idea of LLLT seems to be being proved worthy of merit.

Meow

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I was about to buy a HairMax laser comb. However, after I searched around on the internet for reviews, studies from doctors and the Lexington company website, I feel so lucky that I didn't pay $5xx of my hard earn money for a piece of sh*t that will not help my hair loss.

To be honest, if that laser comb would work for hair loss, why the Lexington company didn't post better pictures to proof the positive results on hair growth? Go and judge by your own eyes!! (http://www.hairmax.com/SuccessStories/B ... mages.aspx) None of them is convincing enough to show that crap works. Some of the patients just showed with different hair styles and you can tell the patients has longer hair and different hair line positions (e.g. move the hair line backward or to the right or even cover the hair line instead). One patient even showed a wet-straight hair as "before", and a dry-curly hair as "after"....WTF??!! Of course the dry-curly hair seems to be more hair based upon your God blessed common-sense. Another patient with curly hair showed more hair loss at the crown area after using the laser comb. If these are the "best picutres" that the company are confident enough to post on its website for promotional purposes, by using just a half of your brain, you should know that the laser comb is a piece of sh*t.

Also, if the company had claimed to get FDA approval since 2006. It should be a great advantage for the company if they get the approval. However, as now in 2010, I can't find the term "FDA approved" at anywhere at the Lexington company website. As in June 27, 2010, it is still using the term "FDA clearance. If they really get the FDA approved for clinical uses, isn't that weird and fishy about why they don't make a big deal about the "FDA approved" thing? I thought they have been eagered for at least 9 years.

***Hey Gubter87,

I have read the study you posted earlier (http://www.corporacioncapilar.es/LDS100 ... S%20100%22). Not to offend, it is so unprofessional and it is honestly a fraud. I hope you won't believe in that paper. There are several things missing: (1) who are the authors? (2) what associations or universities responsible for such tests? (3) what journal was this paper published? (4) There is NO ANY citation given in the entire paper. It only showed a list of 11 references at the end of the paper. 11 references? A creditable scientific paper should at least has 50 references. Fxxk...I got easily 100 references for my thesis. What does this tell you? (5) the "before & after" pictures showed in this paper were supposed to be from patients number 1 to 8. How come it is now all "patient 1" only? where are the patients number 2 to 8????? (6) For all the bar-chart diagrams, no error bar was given to indicate any possible errors or uncertainties in the reported measurements. This means there is NO accuracy for the data at all.

Hence, I think that this is a fraud paper and I hope no body will fall into the evil trap. To whoever still considering to try a laser comb: forget it and use the money to consult with a doctor instead. I will not buy that stupid laser comb, period.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Like I keep mentioning....the Hairmax lasercomb is pushed and advertised by extremely clever people. It is very hard to know it's a scam if you don't read forums and aren't experienced. I came extremely close to paying for one. Would have been a shitload of money and I would have been extremely upset.

These people are very clever... They use all the loopholes and very cleverly market this junk.

They also use the money back guarantee scam thing. I read on Dr. Lees website that he says he doesn't use money back guarantees because it is only normally used by scam artists/products lol. I agree. Statistically only 1/3 persons would use it and even so...the hairmax lasercomb costs 500 dollars and you have to PAY a restocking fee of 20%. So they actually probably still make money of that 1/3 of people who actually take the junk back!

From all the insanely numerous deceptive measures this company has under taken in it's stride to sell this product I have been convinced it is a huge, huge scam. They lie about their clinical trial results. They don't mention that there was no actual growth. They post macro pictures on their website and claims that the hair count increased. Dr. William R. Rassman - who owns some of these patents. He is an expert in densitometry, the method used by Lexington international to "count" the hairs in the macro photos. They LIE...let me say that again. THEY OPENLY LIE about the hair counts in the photos. THERE WAS NO increase. THERE WAS A DECREASE.

This is the fishiest company I have ever seen in my entire life. Their number one goal is deception. They are dishonest thieving cowards.

Mr. QB

Reaction score
Not to stir the pot

Hey everybody, this is my first post here and after reading the entire topic I first want to say I'm no mole and definitely not trying to scam anyone.

Before reading this topic I thought Low Level Laser Therapy was a legit "approved" method for hair restoration. Now I'm a little more concerned but still won't let it bother me.

I just wanted to chime in to the TC that I do own a Hairmax Laser Comb. Before being alerted by people in this topic that it was trash and I wasted money I actually thought it was working pretty well. I use it about 1-3 times a week depending on when I use it and I tend to focus it mostly on my temples right at the hairline or directly at the apex of my scalp moreso than the entire scalp.

Before I continue, I'm not balding at all (atleast I don't think so, lol). I actually have a full head of hair, but I do intend to keep it that way and so I have a fairly mild regiment compared to others here I'm sure.

I have noticed my hair being a lot shinier and healthier (fuller) looking after using the lasercomb. I also have a ton of little blond hairs (my hair is dirty blond) all throughout my hairline/temple area and my hair generally tends to grow very fast, so I'm told atleast. I feel like it personally is helping me maintain my hair, but I wouldn't say it completely has done anything miraculous and made my hair noticeably thicker or longer.

The only other thing I use is Nioxin shampoo and conditioner. That paired with my lasering has been doing OK for me, but like I said I have a lot of hair and I'm just trying to keep it. I don't lose a lot of hair, unless I play with it too much.

I have no FDA approval comments or anything factual to support this aside from my own personal experience. It may not be substantial for this forum, but I feel like it's worked for me. Again, I'm not trying to stir the pot in this seemingly heated debate, just wanted to chime in and say that I feel like it does a decent job for me.

airic101

Reaction score
I bought a a laser product called Super Grow 50. Did a little research, money back guarentee so i figured can't hurt. Its been 4 months now and Im useing nioxin shampoo,conditioner, and scalp treatment. Along with nioxin and laser unit i am also useing propecia. I have to say i have noticed a few hairs grow in in my receided (sp) areas. and loads of small blonde hairs all over my crown that i never noticed before. So of 1 of these products or maybe the combination. something is working. Can somone answer me this question though. Will these blonde hairs thickin up and become dark with pigment? They grow the same speed as my other hair but just not same in colour. Is there something I can take also that will help these hairs become healthier in colour and density? Thanks for help! Cheers!

Kirby

Established Member
Reaction score
Look in the Success Stories folder. I dare you to find a success story there that used a laser comb.