why no love for laser combs?

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
This is from FDA website...
it ends in FDA just so u realize that u know ok? Here it is again
Look here too http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs ... 093499.pdf
"The modified HairMax LaserComb has the same indications, i.e.,
treating androgenetic alopecia, and the same specific indication of promoting hair growth
in males, 30-60 years of age with androgenetic alopecia who have Norwood-Hamilton
Classifications of I to V patterns of hair loss and Fitzpatrick Skin types of I-IV as the
predicate device."

Promoting, OK i know its a big word n all, but that basically means helps regrow hair on your head...

theres u r fda approval

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, as a hair loss sufferer I won't insult you, but rather try to correct you.

Listen, that states what it would be used for. Not what it does.

PLEASE try to listen.

Ok, I have 2 points that absolutely SHATTER any argument you try to make, so I will end things right here:

I won't put any links on here since I don't know if linking to another site is allowed. But I will say, go to the bald truth website by the Founder Of The American Hair Loss Association and listen to the Laser Comb segments that they have. David Michaels - the creator of the HairMax LaserComb - HIMSELF says/admits. IT IS NOT FDA approved, only cleared.

There has not been ANY successful study to show that it aids in the growth of hair. So how can it be approved? Where does it even say FDA approved? It's not! Thats only what they use it for. It's safe, but won't do anything!

Also, Spencer Kobren(AHLA) says there are only 2 FDA approved products for hair loss. Again, thats minoxidil and finasteride. Thats it.

There is not even a study that shows HairMax increases hair counts, so how the heck can it be approved? You are a nut man.

I am trying to help you.

Grow up, if you bought the crap, return it. THEY CLEVERLY word everything, don't be a fool.

If you choose to further argue with me, please provide a study in which it increases hair count, don't show me what they want to use it for(DOH!, because it's safe to use it for that, cleared! Get it?).

I hope this link works:

http://www.baldingblog.com/2006/08/03/a ... aser-comb/

(just in case you want to use their website photos in your "argument")

LASTLY, I will repeat: THEIR OWN STUDY SHOWS IT DOES WORSE THAN A PLACEBO(LOL, so they might be able to get approval for hair REMOVAL ;) )

(Lasercomb on the left, placebo on the right)

Investigator’s Global Assessment of Hair Growth at 26 Weeks
Assessment LaserComb Placebo P-Value
(N=72) (N=38)
n (%) n (%)
No growth 46 (63.9%) 22 (57.9%)
Minimal growth 18 (25.0%) 10 (26.3%)
Moderate growth 7 (9.7%) 5 (13.2%)
Dense growth 1 (1.4%) 1 (2.6%)

They can't get FDA approval with THOSE HORRIBLE results! Don't be such a nut!

The thing is garbage and doesn't do anything for hair loss, at least that is what they proved.

If you want to argue about FDA Approved products, go argue with the American Hair Loss Association, or better yet...go argue with the CREATOR of the garbage you want to rub across your scalp.

I suggest using a placebo, since it works better. :jackit:
:bravo:
:stupid:
:hump:

ok ok ok, I don't want to be an ***. Seriously man we are in this war together. I am only trying to help you.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with u on the war thing; im just a hair loss suffer like yourself whose trying to get it back.
i have not bought a comb as i clearly said before this thread got out hand; what is wanted was the actual feedback on these combs from actual users and posters here.

And I wanted to see what's good either hairmax or that one with timer...

BUT dude it is FDA approved it says so in the link...

even DateLine the news show on NBC did a study with results showing growth from a laser comb A few years ago.
you can find it on you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y2KkO9I ... re=related
look at that link propecia and the comb and look at great his hair came back

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Feller (http://www.fellermedical.com/) has said that hair changes density and texture throughout seasons. There is absolutely no proof that the hairmax comb works man.

Please don't post here saying it is FDA-Approved! You might just get some desperate hair loss sufferer to buy it! I know I almost bought it because I also thought it was FDA approved. It is not. The owner said that it is not. Spencer Kobren says that it is not. Everyone knows it is not FDA-Approved to regrow hair. It is cleared for the promotion of hair, in the sense that you can use it for it. It won't harm you, but it won't work.

Their own study proves it doesn't work.

I don't understand why you can't believe that. Oh, and the media has all the scams on TV. Everything that doesn't work gets on TV man, that does not prove it's validity. If you want to know if a product works you should contact the AHLA.

That comb is a waste of money. The guy who invented the comb said in an interview(not exact quote but this is what he said lol), (replying to if it is FDA approved)

"It is not FDA approved and we try to correct the media all the time"

etc etc.

It doesn't grow hair, or do anything for your hair. The people who believe in these things are usually the ones who sell these treatments, watch out.

uncle_beans

Reaction score
arison said:
ALL i really just want to know if anyone has tried these laser combs and had results with them?

To arison -

I bought a lasercomb a couple of months ago - www.lasergain.com
I highly recommend you guys checking it out.

I can confidently say it works.
I started using 5% minoxidil. since early december 09, and naturally I experienced shedding as part of the growth process. Then eventually shedding became less dramatic and so did the rapid obvious evidence of minoxidil. So by about 3 months I was using minoxidil but not experiencing any shedding. So I decided to get this lasercomb.
No joke, in about a week or so, I experienced shedding again and after a short period of time, maybe 3 weeks I noticed a general thickening over my hair.

There is science backing low laser light therapy, but I know it works soley based on my own experience.

uncle_beans

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
that website is for real?

i hate websites that scroll down and down and down, just seems shady

Nene

Reaction score
uncle_beans said:
arison said:
ALL i really just want to know if anyone has tried these laser combs and had results with them?

To arison -

I bought a lasercomb a couple of months ago - http://www.lasergain.com

I started using 5% minoxidil. since early december 09, and naturally I experienced shedding as part of the growth process. Then eventually shedding became less dramatic and so did the rapid obvious evidence of minoxidil. So by about 3 months I was using minoxidil but not experiencing any shedding. So I decided to get this lasercomb.
No joke, in about a week or so, I experienced shedding again and after a short period of time, maybe 3 weeks I noticed a general thickening over my hair.

There is science backing low laser light therapy, but I know it works soley based on my own experience.

uncle_beans

:spam:

uncle_beans

Reaction score
Haha ok 'spam me away' -
That was like my 2nd/3rd post ever, I didn't consider the implications - If I could turn back time and post it again I would of gotten rid of the website and let you guys google it. I am not endorsing a product, I am endorsing low laser light therapy - I believe its legit.
I don't know to what effect on the individual it has, but there is science backing it.

Call the website shady, but when all is said n done I will say low laser light therapy does work through my experience - From a product i bought from that shady looking website.

Nene

Reaction score
uncle_beans said:
Haha ok 'spam me away' -
That was like my 2nd/3rd post ever, I didn't consider the implications - If I could turn back time and post it again I would of gotten rid of the website and let you guys google it. I just want to sincerely defend the case that once you sift through a lot of the crappy products (eg. leimo), low laser light therapy does work. I don't know to what effect on the individual, but there is science backing it. And that website actually goes through whats known to be legit and whats crap.

Call the website shady, but when all is said n done low laser light therapy does work.

The consensus on this site is that it doesn't work, and having your first double digit post with a link to a shady website is a sure way to arise suspicion that your're a troll at best and a shill at worst.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, anyone with SOME knowledge of current treatments know that LASERS are CRAP!

Only people who sell you the treatments or products will claim lasers do something. Again, their own study shows the placebo did better.

Lasers are garbage.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
uncle_beans said:
Haha ok 'spam me away' -
That was like my 2nd/3rd post ever, I didn't consider the implications - If I could turn back time and post it again I would of gotten rid of the website and let you guys google it. I am not endorsing a product, I am endorsing low laser light therapy - I believe its legit.
I don't know to what effect on the individual it has, but there is science backing it.

Call the website shady, but when all is said n done I will say low laser light therapy does work through my experience - From a product i bought from that shady looking website.

Oh, realllllllly?

What science is there for the growth of hair? Present it. Cite it.

There is none.

LLLT is a scam and you have to be quite blind not to see this.

uncle_beans

Reaction score
Dude the research is out there - whether it be physical journal articles or a net search.
I'm not too eager, let alone have the time on my hands to go on a massive spree to find you journal articles and statistics that imply the benefits of lllt on hair loss (I barely find the time for my own college work).
But as it stands, I bought a 21 low laser light block (called 'lasergain') a couple of months ago, and have been very satisfied so far and I will continue to use it...

You seem pretty adamant lllt doesn't work and I'm under the impression you won't be swayed regardless of what research is presented.

I honestly don't really mind as well.

Cheers,

uncle_beans

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Well if you asked me to find evidence finasteride or rogaine works... I could get that for you in a few seconds.

Kinda hard and time consuming to find evidence for lasers...

Since there ain't any.

knowingyou

Established Member
Reaction score
@uncle_Bean---- what kind of result you got from using your Lasergain? How often you use it and for how long each time? Thanks in advance!!

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
uncle_beans said:
arison said:

To arison -

I bought a lasercomb a couple of months ago - http://www.lasergain.com

uncle_beans

Riiiiiiiiight.

That laser did nothing for your hair.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
the hairmax laser comb is FDA approved to regrow hair --- im not going to say it again or prove it again. google it
before u enter this growth stimulant forum, it says LASER COMBS

I just want to know people's results

and i just hate websites that scroll all the way down like that don't take offense beans i'm just saying

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
The HairMax LaserComb DOES NOT have FDA Approval.

The HairMax lasercomb, and all other combs do not grow hair. Low Level Laser Therapy has never been reported to grow hair under any study. Low Level Laser Therapy Is INEFFECTIVE.

Lasers are scams. Lasers are garbage. There is no proof that they work, not even to the slightest extent of promoting better quality hair.

Lasers

do

not

benefit

hair.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
It really sickens me how people scam hair loss sufferers!

I won't stand for what is either an attempt at confusing hair loss sufferers or a display of complete ignorance!

I have edited my signature. I am really starting to think you are a mole. Trying to confuse everyone.

I won't have it.

uncle_beans

Reaction score
Haha??
A mole on a hair loss forum? You're getting a bit ahead of you're self.
Man, I couldn't care less whether anyone uses a lllt or not. It's worked for me, and thats good enough for me.
I believe the question was asked in this topic, if there was anyone who has benefited from lllt/laser comb. - I saw the question and I replied.
When all is said and done, I've seen results - I don't really mind how you take that statement.

Also - I'm not saying the HairMax laser comb worked on me - I've never used that particular product. I am saying that lllt has positive effects on hair growth. I agree with you, there are a lot of hair loss scammers and myths. I think many of us worked that out the hard way.

Just because FDA has only ever given the tick to Minoxidil and Finasteride - Doesn't mean that every other hair loss prouduct/ingredient/mechanism outside of it is inoperative.

There is a difference between a lab doing tests and coming to the conclusion "there is no sign of evidence that this ingredient/ingredients/mechanism can help fight hair loss"...
A difference between a lab stating "inconclusive"...
Let alone a difference between, "We haven't got the funding, time and staff to do extensive tests on this product"

I checked out your regime
Yeah you're using finasteride. and minoxidil. - You got the FDA tick
But you're also using 5%spironolactone, Ketocozonol, soon you will be using Retin-A and a derma-roller. You're also using Xandrox which has azelaic acid in it...
Where is the FDA tick of approval on any of these products?

I've searched the net many times - One doctor will state "Azelaic acid is not FDA approved." Or, "there is not enough evidence that a hair loss sufferer will benefit from it', and then another will endorse Revivogen, which contains azelaic acid (which I started using recently, and has been great).. Or another person like Dr.Lee releases Xandrox, containing azelaic acid... I mean even the doctors with their masters have their own bias. Hair loss is a complicated thing, where a product/regime can work a lot differently for another person - So try break out of the 'HairMax: Not FDA approved = :thumbdown2: ' state of mind.

In conclusion, I have several points I want to reinforce
-
1) I am not endorsing any product such as HairMax etc. but replying to the response - Yes I have benefited from lllt

2) FDA approval is not the be-all-end-all cornerstone for a hair loss sufferer. I am aware there are a lot of scams, a lot of products that promise high and barely deliver, but I am also aware that there are highly compitent products (like spironolactone., copper peptides, emu oil) that are also legit. So long story short, when you say HairMax hasn't been approved by FDA - that shouldn't mean much, especially to someone with a regime that mostly contains products not approved by FDA.

3) I'm not a scammer - I'm just a dude thats been struggling with hair loss for a while and have decided to join a forum to utilze the best possible approach to fight this.

You gotta chill out KeepTheHair man...

PS. If you want to believe LLLT therapy works, there is enough evidence for you out there to make you believe. And if you don't want to believe... vice versa.

Again - I don't really care where this debate ends, I'm very satisfied with my lllt block

uncle_beans

Reaction score
Oh hey! haha I just read this post!

The consensus on this site is that it doesn't work, and having your first double digit post with a link to a shady website is a sure way to arise suspicion that your're a troll at best and a shill at worst.

Thats awesome - You're on the ball arn't you :bravo: