why no love for laser combs?

Nene

Reaction score
uncle_beans said:
Oh hey! haha I just read this post!

The consensus on this site is that it doesn't work, and having your first double digit post with a link to a shady website is a sure way to arise suspicion that your're a troll at best and a shill at worst.

Thats awesome - You're on the ball arn't you :bravo:
:punk: Thanks I try.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I love this forum because there are educated users on here. Some of them are smart. But the occasional mental midget comes and ruins it for everyone.

Uncle bean bag or whatever your name is. I did not even bother to read your entire post. You know why?

You mention FDA approval and my regimen. Let me tell you something, bro.

The hairmax lasercomb and LLLT has had it's chances to get FDA approval. It failed. Because it NEVER grew hair. NEVER.

It has had it's chances. No one has patents on ketoconazole or the use of any other product I use in my hair loss. So why would they give their competitors something to use in their sales? Something they payed for in the millions of dollars?

Uncle beaner, once again. Ketoconazole and retin-a has shown to grow hair in SCIENTIFIC STUDIES. Low Level Laser Therapy HAS NOT. It has had it's chances.

SHOW ME A STUDY. Show me THEIR study. Bring it on.

THAT GARBAGE, DOES NOT WORK.

I believe you just owned.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I read your garbage response.

I know FDA approval is not the biggest factor in hair loss products. I just want to mention that the derma roller is actually used with minoxidil so technically the whole thing is lol...but anyways..

Other uneducated users keep saying it has FDA approval THAT is why I bring it up. It is not FDA approved.

But the thing with lasers, especially the HairMax LaserComb scam...is that it TRIED to get approved and it FAILED miserably because they proved their own garbage doesn't work. It is hard to get your hand on the study since they won't give it out! But many users HAVE gotten their hands on it and it clearly shows the stuff DOESN'T WORK.

I admit azelaic acid is a very skeptical thing to use. But Dr. Lee put it in the xandrox as something extra..I use the xandrox for the 15% minoxidil. Also, topical finasteride has shown to have benefits, in REAL studies.

I will say this once again: THERE IS NO evidence low level laser therapy works. NONE.

Show me the studies. I can post several studies of ketoconazole, finasteride, minoxidil. But you can't post anything for LLLT since it doesn't work and there is no proof of even a single benefit.

uncle_beans

Reaction score
Lol, "you just got owned". As long as you think so dude, it feels good.
you're getting way too emotional and I'm starting to get the impression you don't have much else going on for you outside of this forum.

You said to me 'I can't prove it' - there's a difference between not being able to prove it and not wanting to...
You couldn't finish reading my whole post before you were thinking what to say next. I'm getting the impression you're more concerned about 'representing' on this forum then presenting a case..
I would probably bother getting the facts down, if 1) I had the time, 2) the person who read them on the other end wasn't going to get so emotional like his integrity was on the line - (its just a forum dude).
Maybe at the end of semester when I'm free more, ill reconsider... As it stands, you're getting a bit childish.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
I clearly presented the FACTS that there is no proof this garbage works. It doesn't. You can't find studies. There are none that show it's effectiveness. There are only ones who prove it doesn't work.

Dude, I just f*****g hate people like you. Your ignorant and you are the reason hair loss scams have funding.

Low Level Laser Therapy is "junk science" as Dr. Alan Feller puts it.

Nene

Reaction score
KeepTheHair said:
I clearly presented the FACTS that there is no proof this garbage works. It doesn't. You can't find studies. There are none that show it's effectiveness. There are only ones who prove it doesn't work.

Dude, I just f****ing hate people like you. Your ignorant and you are the reason hair loss scams have funding.

Low Level Laser Therapy is "junk science" as Dr. Alan Feller puts it.

Leave it alone, I think we've made it abundantly clear on this thread that this guy doesn't know what he is talking about and that LLLT is BS. Anyone who still buys one of those dumb combs after reading this deserves to get ripped off anyway.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, I see it this way.

As a first hair loss sufferer I almost purchased a hairmax lasercomb. VERY VERY close call. $500 man. I live in a third world country!

Dude, that thing is such crap! Studies prove this fact!

Yet, it is still being sold! Even on this website!

I can't stand that. I will have the last post in this thread every time. I want to make sure everyone knows that it doesn't work. At least make them judge it more. Since the media really confuses people man. It is amazing! What a clever scam I have to hand it to them. They have great marketing skills! Amazing.

Makes me sick though. Poor guys rubbing this thing on their heads while this company just laughs at them behind their backs and drives their fancy cars.

I will do MY part on the forums I go to. I will expose them.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
1. The hairmax max laser comb is FDA approved to regrow hair. Accept it.

2. They just dont give out FDA approvals randomly fyi

3. Expose them... sure. Keep - u know more than FDA right?

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
1. The hairmax max laser comb is NOT FDA approved to regrow hair. Accept it.

2. They just dont give out FDA approvals randomly fyi, only minoxidil and finasteride have FDA approval.

3. Expose them... sure. Keep - u know more than FDA right? huh?

I am 100% sure you are a mole you stinking bastard. This is the equivalent of spamming links to some crappy product. You should be banned. Your posts should be deleted you mole.

HOW can someone be this stupid? No ways. You are a mole.

Anyone googling and landing here should not read anything this criminal says. He is a spammer.

If anyone is uncertain about the FDA approval of the hairmax lasercomb you can write to the American Hair Loss Association yourself, ask any doctor...or email the food and drug administration yourself.

Low Level Laser Therapy is GARBAGE JUNK SCIENCE.

IT IS NOT FDA APPROVED. IT HAS ZERO BENEFITS FOR HAIR.

Nene

Reaction score
I almost wasted 400 dollars as well, but luckily I did a little more research. Dr. Rassman's blog has stated many times that LLLT is not a proven hair loss treatment and Dr. Feller (one of the most respected hair transplant surgeons in the world) has said it is garbage. hair transplant doctors usually recommend minoxidil and finasteride, so why wouldn't they do so with LLLT? Because they know it's crap. No scientific studies have shown it to work. Disseminating this false info should indeed get Arison banned. At least uncle beans is only talking about his experience, Arison is straight up lying.

Cassin

Reaction score
We can easily solve this right now.

Get the hair weight and hair count study that the FDA approved after the phase 3 trials. That ends this discussion one way or the other.

Petchsky

Reaction score
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=51632

This was the study that got them FDA approval, I think it was just safety approval, not the nod that it works for hair loss, but it was a while ago, and I could be wrong on that.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
lol too funny keep.... y don't READ WHAT I SAY
BuT u don't read so it's nearly impossible to reason with u.
I ASKED who got results and WHICH laser comb to use.

THAT WAS/IS the reason I made the post!
Check urself before u wreck urself homey

Best part is I still don't know which one to get...

Anyone who has success with a laser comb please post and let me know.

Nene

Reaction score
arison said:
1. The hairmax max laser comb is FDA approved to regrow hair. Accept it.

2. They just dont give out FDA approvals randomly fyi

3. Expose them... sure. Keep - u know more than FDA right?

Your first point is not true. Go ahead and waste your money. If your so eager to part with 400 bucks you can send it to me and I'll send you my special formula for hair regrowth, it's FDA approved to regrow hair (since we can just claim that things are fda approved to grow hair when they aren't).

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
btw 3 by me saying u know more than the FDA was this thing people do sometimes called "Sarcasm"

Feel free to google and take down the "Sarcasm" too while u taking down laser combs as well.... :)

nene google I'm not wasting my time with u either

from www.FDA.gov
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/AboutFDA/C ... 203056.pdf

long study 400 pages so I know it's impossible for u to read keep and nene but good luck to u
it says it there

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, that pdf you posted doesn't work.

Can anyone else download it or view it? I can't. It says it is damaged or whatever.

Here is their OWN proof it doesn't work though:

Table 15: Investigator’s Global Assessment of Hair Growth at 26 Weeks
Assessment LaserComb Placebo P-Value
(N=72) (N=38)
n (%) n (%)
No growth 46 (63.9%) 22 (57.9%)
Minimal growth 18 (25.0%) 10 (26.3%)
Moderate growth 7 (9.7%) 5 (13.2%)
Dense growth 1 (1.4%) 1 (2.6%)

It doesn't work :). Doesn't do anything for hair. Please, hair loss sufferers. DO NOT waste your money on this scam. These people are EXTREMELY clever in their marketing ways. They cleverly word everything. They are really, really good at what they do. But the facts are, and have always been:

Lasers have not been shown to have any benefits at all.
The people who SELL them support them.
There are a LOT of doctors against them.
There isn't any study that shows regrowth, so approval is...impossible. But they did try...so unlike anything else WE CAN give them crap for not having FDA approval since they tried so hard to get it.
IT,DOES,NOT,WORK.

Oh, btw I firmly believe they plant frickin' moles on forums to deliberately confuse anyone. I mean thats really easy, not so? I am so sure of this. If I was running a scam(which this stuff is) wouldn't it be smart to have a few moles? Definitely. BE CAREFUL. Don't buy this garbage.

As for arison,
:smack:

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
then go to FDA.gov
type in laser comb in search box study comes up
it loads when I click on it

again it is 400+ pages long, so obviously it takes a while to load, again Keep u have to learn how to READ!

I'm going stop talking to u now cuz u starting to creep me out... for real

u defintley have a more serious problem mentally than u do with u r hair

or maybe u just have nothing else better to do; I'd get bored sitting in my mom's basement all day too

idk either way u weird so bye :stupid:

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Post the part where it says it is approved.

Then post the part where the INVESTIGATORS assess the results and it shows growth.

Gogogo, do it. :woot:

Truth is you are just blatantly ignorant and extremely mentally handicapped it seems. You make the worst argument over and over again.

Again, I want to stress that anyone who reads posts on forums should be well aware that people like arison exist. They are either moles or just don't believe in logic and reason. Be careful.
:hump:

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
"There are hundreds of products and services being sold to the vulnerable hair loss consumer, but currently there are only two FDA approved products that have been clinically proven to stop or prevent hair loss." - The American Hair Loss Association

(Minoxidil and Finasteride...NOT any lasers)

:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyways FDA has approval on laser combs to regroe hair, no matter what the illiterate, negative, narrow minded have to say. look at my posts that actually here that actually Have links to real threads to real proof; not some cheap talk.

remeber at one point everyone thought the world was flat, then came along that crazy Columbus explore to disprove that.

I'm buying a laser comb, don't know which one yet tho...
the small one with the timer looks good; it's about $250.

I'm starting to think maybe the laser comb works so well that people who use them don't post, I mean why would u if hair loss and regrowth were not an issue for u??