why no love for laser combs?

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
science seems about right if u look at it...
its expensive yea buy hey if it works....
fdas doesnt just go around apporoving things for kicks n giigles u know?

halpmeplease

Reaction score
i dont know much about them, but isn't it a one time charge of about 400 bucks or so?

doesn't seem that bad really when you'll be using it for years or a lifetime... ya know?

i'd like others opinions on them though too... :)

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
yea i know 400 is a lot but it would last a while
there a few different version
one is fda approved. They just don't go around giving out fda approvals u know?... i know there was some type of problem after the approval but the fda never took it's approval away...

u can even make u own laser comb but i defintley lack that talent...i cant even get my christmas tree to light right lol so forget building a comb...

3fda approvals for hair growth
1.propecia
2.minoxidil
3. laser comb - which is never talked about!! - why?

halpmeplease

Reaction score
finfighter said:
arison said:
yea i know 400 is a lot but it would last a while
there a few different version
one is fda approved. They just don't go around giving out fda approvals u know?... i know there was some type of problem after the approval but the fda never took it's approval away...

u can even make u own laser comb but i defintley lack that talent...i cant even get my christmas tree to light right lol so forget building a comb...

3fda approvals for hair growth
1.propecia
2.minoxidil
3. laser comb - which is never talked about!! - why?

Because it is ineffective, if you don't believe me try one for yourself. Low level Lasers just don't really have a positive impact against male pattern baldness. Sure the FDA approved it but mainly it was approved because it seemed promising and was concluded to be a safe treatment.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnd our hopes come crashing down.

i guess finfighter probably knows what he's talking about. i mean i'm sure it's never mentioned for a reason.

ohnomyhair

Reaction score
I've been using the laser comb for 4 months now, So far I have noticed alot of lil blond hairs growing on my temples, but I also noticed alot of my hair has falled out in the past 2-3 months, hoping this was just a shedding period. I'll keep you updated if I remember, best of luck to you.

I also started finasteride about 2 weeks ago.

Innermind

Established Member
Reaction score
arison said:

FDA only approved it for safety. There is no FDA approval for the effectiveness of this treatment. The FDA approval means nothing in terms of how well this product works.

Science behind it is garbage. The science behind it is weak. The studies behind this product are sub par. I have never ever seen any results that have been worth mentioning. This is why there is no love for the laser comb.

BallsDeep

Reaction score
Innermind said:
arison said:

FDA only approved it for safety. There is no FDA approval for the effectiveness of this treatment. The FDA approval means nothing in terms of how well this product works.

If that's the case then why don't the FDA approve Nourkrin, Alpecin, Tricologic and all these other "Hair Loss Products" out there. If it was only approved for being safe then it wouldn't be allowed to market itself as an effective treatment for hair loss?

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
The Hairmax lasercomb is ineffective. Even in their own studies did the placebo group OUTPERFORM the group who used the lasercomb. It's garbage and a waste of money. I have only heard bad things about it. I have also read a ton of stories about people spending thousands and thousands on Low Level Laser Therapy and not getting ANY results, most lose more hair.

LLLT is a joke. It is not effective for hair loss.

BallsDeep

Reaction score
KeepTheHair said:
The Hairmax lasercomb is ineffective. Even in their own studies did the placebo group OUTPERFORM the group who used the lasercomb. It's garbage and a waste of money. I have only heard bad things about it. I have also read a ton of stories about people spending thousands and thousands on Low Level Laser Therapy and not getting ANY results, most lose more hair.

LLLT is a joke. It is not effective for hair loss.

KeepTheHair, to be honest i'm like you and very skeptical about lasers. . . . but how did they get FDA approval? If it was a waste of time then surely then the FDA would not allow them to advertise as a hair loss solution?

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats the thing..........

THEY DONT HAVE FDA APPROVAL! lol

They were NEVER FDA Approved EVER.

Never.

It is only CLEARED for safety. The FDA says it's safe, not effective.

The device is a HUGE scam. They have convinced the media to use the term approved. It is NOT.

LLLT = Scam

goener

Reaction score
I agree - I don't think that it works. and even people who reported growth were not sure that it was the laser comb - they often used another hair regrowth treatment in the same time.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
If the laser comb doesn't work then WHY does hairlosstalk, this website, have it listed as fourth product for GROWTH STIMULANTS in this very forum???

...AND IT is FDA approved for "promotion of hair growth in males"

http://hairmax.com/FDAClearance.aspx

this is y forums r never reliable...

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
arison said:
If the laser comb doesn't work then WHY does hairlosstalk, this website, have it listed as 3d product for GROWTH STIMULANTS in this very forum???

...AND IT is FDA approved for "promotion of hair growth in males"

http://hairmax.com/FDAClearance.aspx

this is y forums r never reliable...

Don't be a fool. This product is a SCAM. It is NOT approved by the FDA. NEVER was. NEVER will be. It does NOT grow hair. It doesn't do jack s#!T.

Hairmax cleverly words everything. They have FDA clearance to market it. Meaning it is safe. IT DOES NOT GROW HAIR. Otherwise they would have FDA APROVAL.

This product is NOT endorsed by the American Hair Loss Association...and for good reason. There simply is NO evidence that it works.

I have heard sooo many times from people that claim they never saw growth.

IN THEIR OWN CLINICAL TRIALS DOES THE PLACEBO GROUP DO BETTER THAN THE LASERCOMB GROUP. This study was not released to the public. Someone had to get it through the freedom of information act.

They won't release it because it proves it's safe...but ineffective.

No, you can't always trust the forums. But you can trust the masses that are against this piece of crap! It's garbage.

This website sells it for commercial reasons. Because they can make money from it. This thing doesn't do anything but waste time.

THEIR OWN STUDY shows it doesn't work.

IF IT WORKS WHY IS IT NOT APPROVED FOR HAIRGROWTH? It's NOT.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.hairmax.com/popups/InTheNews ... arance.htm

It is clinically proved tho!

Look here too http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs ... 093499.pdf
"The modified HairMax LaserComb has the same indications, i.e.,
treating androgenetic alopecia, and the same specific indication of promoting hair growth
in males, 30-60 years of age with androgenetic alopecia who have Norwood-Hamilton
Classifications of I to V patterns of hair loss and Fitzpatrick Skin types of I-IV as the
predicate device."

IT is FDA approved for hair regrowth.
Do I Want to spend $400 for one? No but i like getting my hair back...

Any good ones other the hairmax?

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Where is the clinical proof you are talking about? Where is it even mentioned?

Are you deluded?

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Arison is making a valid point; and Keep your bashing is baseless. The fact is that the hairmax was indeed approved by the FDA for the treatment of AA, and not just for "safety"; you can easily acquire the information for this and the trials conducted via the FDA. Now, whether you think that fact has any worth or not is up to you; but don't shout that its not true when it is. I, for one, think LLLT is mildly effective (very mildly).

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
:dunno: Where does it say it is approved?

Also, where is the clinical trials proving that it grows hair?

There is none.

arison

Established Member
Reaction score
keep the hair and to the other guy who says their not fda approved--really i cant help u if u cant read or work a computer to clikc on a link sooooooooooo if u can look back i posted at least 3 links that say it's fda approved to grow hair. i know they have some big words in THEM articles; but maybe u can find somebody to read them for u???

look i could care less about what they say anyways...i got better things to with my time then argue over the internet with fools...

ALL i really just want to know if anyone has tried these laser combs and had results with them?