Why monk mode will save you and is your only hope

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
To avoid this situation, you should have children before you get to balding NW2/3. It's a huge weight off your shoulders. No need for monk.
How can you be a functioning father if you feel like sh*t every single day and is mentally fucked up in general? I hate how people just sh*t out children like it's nothing when they're not even qualified to have any due to many different reasons

Caillou

My Regimen
Reaction score
keep crying for people like @justinbieberscombover who restored their hair dude.

your advice is bullshit.
I have nothing against hair transplants, and i would get one if i can. But you have to understand that not everyone is eligible for a transplant since NW6/NW7 are pretty much unsavable and can do nothing but shave it all off

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I have nothing against hair transplants, and i would get one if i can. But you have to understand that not everyone is eligible for a transplant since NW6/NW7 are pretty much unsavable and can do nothing but shave it all off
Very very true. I'm a poor candidate and I estimate that at least 50% of gentlemen are. When hair loss doctors show a miracle result it's somebody with aggressive loss but great donor. You never see an example of poor donor leading to a good result because it's simply not possible, sadly. Donor is everything if you are aiming for the "no treatments and all transplanted hair" route.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very very true. I'm a poor candidate and I estimate that at least 50% of gentlemen are. When hair loss doctors show a miracle result it's somebody with aggressive loss but great donor. You never see an example of poor donor leading to a good result because it's simply not possible, sadly. Donor is everything if you are aiming for the "no treatments and all transplanted hair" route.
What if the scarless healing becomes a reality? Then every man could at the very worst go for diffused thinning buzzcut look.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
What if the scarless healing becomes a reality? Then every man could at the very worst go for diffused thinning buzzcut look.
Isn't it as scarless as it's going to be? Isn't the problem not the scar but that the donor area will look noticeably thin after over harvesting? So there's just not enough hair to go round.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't it as scarless as it's going to be? Isn't the problem not the scar but that the donor area will look noticeably thin after over harvesting? So there's just not enough hair to go round.
From what I read, it may regenerate new hairs at about half the density. If it works you can get a hair transplant and the donor area wouldn't seem affected. I'm not saying you'll be a full head but you can get that buzzed haircut look you had in the first picture you showed me and it would in fact seem legit in person. My guess is, you can do an FUT surgery for 2k grafts, for frontal hairline and then FUE for the rest and get mediocre coverage and have it buzzed. It won't have the noticeable scars and with a good surgeon it could be a great outcome. Just sit back and see if it happens.

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How can you be a functioning father if you feel like sh*t every single day and is mentally fucked up in general? I hate how people just sh*t out children like it's nothing when they're not even qualified to have any due to many different reasons
Breaking it down to its very basics, balding is a disease that prevents you from pro-creation. Once you have a kid, that aspect is removed, hair becomes more of a vanity thing. I chose this route, and while I will still try to keep my hair, it isn't as important.

There is a reason the older generation of men, who had kids in their early 20s, mostly view balding as a minor inconvenience but millennial men are killing themselves over it.

People make fun of the balding single man, no one makes fun of the bald dad.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Breaking it down to its very basics, balding is a disease that prevents you from pro-creation. Once you have a kid, that aspect is removed, hair becomes more of a vanity thing. I chose this route, and while I will still try to keep my hair, it isn't as important.

There is a reason the older generation of men, who had kids in their early 20s, mostly view balding as a minor inconvenience but millennial men are killing themselves over it.

People make fun of the balding single man, no one makes fun of the bald dad.
when i hear nonsense like that, im glad that people like you dont “procreate”...

Wisemiller

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when i hear nonsense like that, im glad that people like you dont “procreate”...
I can tell you with certainty, if I did not get my girlfriend pregnant in 2017, when I noticed the first signs of hair loss, I would not have that girlfriend now. I would be sitting alone in the nightclub with my topik covered head trying to find a girl drunk enough to sleep with me. finasteride may have failed, but I still defeated male pattern baldness.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
OP that was some good wisdom you dropped there except the isolating from people part. It's scientifically proven how damaging loneliness is, physically and mentally.

Finding at least some group of friends is very important for happiness.

This is different from women, a woman won't necessarily cure your loneliness, in fact many women I was with made me feel more lonely because I found them quite boring and draining to be around.

A good friend who you can learn from and joke around, and enjoy their company, is much different.

Sure, you can do this with women, but how rare is it that you find a girl like this and inevitably someone will catch feelings and things will get akward/tension will arise.

vondoom

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can tell you with certainty, if I did not get my girlfriend pregnant in 2017, when I noticed the first signs of hair loss, I would not have that girlfriend now. I would be sitting alone in the nightclub with my topik covered head trying to find a girl drunk enough to sleep with me. finasteride may have failed, but I still defeated male pattern baldness.
i dont believe that...
probably you would be doing fine...

how did you defeat it?