Why I Look Forward To The Weekends Now

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm with macaroni - I don't wear a hat to deceive anyone, I wear it because I am way too self-conscious (and yes, vain) to go out in public unless my hair looks as good as it could possibly look. In my case, as a heavy concealer user, that means a 2-3 hour process. So yes, I am misleading folks with the concealer. But I wear the hat just to run errands etc. because I can't be bothered to waste that much time and energy fixing my hair up to go buy fruit.

Edit: And like macaroni, I have retrograde alopecia with diffuse thinning everywhere along with recession and an 80% bald patchy vertex, so a transplant is out. It's one of the reasons I REALLY hope Brotzu lotion comes out soon and works. There's really nothing else feasible for retrograde, diffuse thinners.

Last edited:

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wearing a hat for a couple of days is not weakness. If you wear it everyday then it's a problem, but if you are walking out the door 5 days a week without a hat and occasionally wear one I think you are fine at least in the US where hats are a very common stylistic choice. It is only in the hairloss/lookism sphere, dominated by men that you see this being qualified as a weakness. I don't go out trying to impress men, maybe some of you do but that's not my thing.
wearing the hat is to hide hair loss though, if its just a few days then its just a little bit "weak" but its a good option if you dont want to be seen as a loser.

i'm saying this as someone who was a hat prisoner for 3 or so years, only a year or 2 ago did i stop.

blackg

Reaction score
First off, I already know how this conversation goes. Basically regardless of how bad my situation is, @WhitePolarBear is going to dismiss it and say his situation was worse therefore everyone that has ever lived is a pussy and a coward.
Secondly, I will post photos if I feel like, and if that happens it would be later tonight because I am not home.
Third, I don't have anything to prove to you guys.i made a thread about how wearing a hat over the weekend is something that makes it easier for me since all week I have to walk around with shitty hair. What is so hard to understand about that? The way some of you are acting you'd think I made a thread about Nazis aborting Kate Middleton's babies while gangraping the Pope with Elon Musk's new rocket. It's a f*****g hat. It's my f*****g head. Get over it.
I agree again. Live and let live, I say.

Ya know I've always been of the opinion that the most judgmental people on this site would also be the ones mocking baldness if they weren't afflicted themselves.

blackg

Reaction score
People find virtue in strength and being open, hiding something and doing so poorly while doing nothing to fix the issue is something people find weak and unnatracfive. Own the f*** up.
But the OP does "own the f*** up." For five long, miserable work days he sucks it up and "owns" his shameful hairdo (this is the impression he gave me, at least. Sorry OP) in front of all of his sniggering work colleagues.

He deserves a freakin' break on the weekend.

So you think that once you shave down and own your hair loss then you are no longer the subject of whispers and laughter made at your expense?

Bluepill "just own on, brah" syndrome.

blackg

Reaction score
Why would you feel ashamed of suffering from hair loss?

You can feel sad and depressed about not looking as good as you did with a full head of hair?

But ashamed? Something's not right there.

And if you have sneaky colleagues who unapologetically mock you for it, ask yourself what you are doing in such a toxic environment and why the hell you don't have the option of going to another company.

OP is not asking himself the right questions in my opinion (should I put this at the end of all my posts).

And lol at the shaming and the general inferiority complex displayed by the people who personally attack me in this thread.

I've never claimed to be superior to any of you, I just said that when it comes to hair loss, I'm wiser about the subject that most people on here.
For you to actually think you are wiser about this subject is interesting.
You are only wiser with regard to what's better for you.
Your experience does not potentially mirror any other person on this site.
To think it does is where you show your limitations.

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You can feel sad and depressed about not looking as good as you did with a full head of hair?

And if you have sneaky colleagues who unapologetically mock you for it, ask yourself what you are doing in such a toxic environment and why the hell you don't have the option of going to another company.

OP is not asking himself the right questions in my opinion (should I put this at the end of all my posts).

And lol at the shaming and the general inferiority complex displayed by the people who personally attack me in this thread.

I've never claimed to be superior to any of you, I just said that when it comes to hair loss, I'm wiser about the subject that most people on here.
Just out of curiosity, how is your hair situation now? Would you pass for a guy who isn't losing hair or do you just have thin hair on top?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
wearing the hat is to hide hair loss though, if its just a few days then its just a little bit "weak" but its a good option if you dont want to be seen as a loser.

i'm saying this as someone who was a hat prisoner for 3 or so years, only a year or 2 ago did i stop.

One thing which has been missed in the heated exchange in this this thread is that Macaroni is a 6'5 giant. I don't think he loses any man-points in the eyes of puny humans for wearing a cap a couple of days a week.

Last edited:

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
He has also said he has giant hands.
Extrapolate to other extremities.
It does not work like that.
There is no correlation betweeen hands and, hem, other sizes.
There IS a slight correlation between foot size and, hem, other sizes.
I have a 44 (EU), 10 (US) :D

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's the formula for every @WhitePolarBear post:
1 - make completely unfounded assumption of other people's beliefs/situation
2 - dismiss people who disagree and belittle them as pussies/cowards
3 - make grandiose statement bout how wise @WhitePolarBear is
4 - repeat steps 1 - 3
5 - Disliking before reading the post to lower your motivation.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think your donor is a shitty as you want to believe it is.

You want to believe it is so that you have no option and you can keep on whining.

I know it feels great, and that misery loves company, just look at the title and the content of your first posts in this thread.

"I'm miserable and there's nothing I can do. At least I can forget about my misery by deluding myself a couple of days a week."

We all love some epic rant about how our life sucks.

I remember that at a point, I was hoping I had DUPA so my case could be sealed and I could just accept that my life would be irremediably shitty forever and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

Give up on everything and just lay down and rot. Good times.

Again, been there, done that.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't have DUPA, my donor wasn't thinning and something could be done to improve my situation. So I did.

You know the rest of the story.

I don't think I'm more intelligent when it comes these matters, just wiser.

Thing is Fred, while you may have had the "worst hairloss ever™" you had the easiest solution because there was only one solution. You were slick bald, no risk of shock loss making things worse, with available donor hair. You paid what 2500 euro towards your transplant, traveled like 45 mins to De Reys office, in and out in a day and the redness had healed within a week. Done.

Now of course @macaroni may be lying about his retrograde and just loves that heavily diffused look. @EvilLocks may be lying that she can't get a hair transplant, that they rarely work for women, because she just loves the wig look. I may be lying about having inflammation and unable to stabilize my loss. But the more likely truth is that not everybody has such an easy solution as you did.

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Narcissism is strong with you. You also said that i had an inferiority complex two or three times before. Stop always putting yourself on the pedestal.