Why are bald men mostly cast as villains in Hollywood?

blackg

Reaction score
Snoke: bald monstruosity as the biggest villain of the new star wars.

looks like your average NW5 white guy in his early 30s after taking advice from HairLossTalk.com and shaving it off
Slybaldguys are the true promoters of the "just shave it, brehbrah."

Anyway, nice to meet a new guy.
Will you be my friend?

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuckin hell

They just show lotr in tv here

And its extreme with the hair.

The good guys have nice norwood 1 hair, especially the elves.

Then you have the "bad" humans who are norwood 2-3 tier

And then norwood 7 creeps like golum and some orcs

Only exceptions are this elrond guy and saruman
bald-l=bad

coincidence???

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Screenshot_20171227-090745.png

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Funny how a bald head( totally shaven) is generally accepted as a stronger more masculine look than a fullhead yet women generally dont like it. Women definately i feel over the evolution of humans have become more attracted to ‘beauty’. This is apparent again when you look at how lesbians are perceived versus gay men. Its no where near big as a deal. Most straight women can admit to a small attraction to other women where most straight guys have zero attraction to other men.

Bro sciene at best..Its definately all about aesthetics these days though..

Screenshot_20171228-175256.png

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny how a bald head( totally shaven) is generally accepted as a stronger more masculine look than a fullhead yet women generally dont like it. Women definately i feel over the evolution of humans have become more attracted to ‘beauty’. This is apparent again when you look at how lesbians are perceived versus gay men. Its no where near big as a deal. Most straight women can admit to a small attraction to other women where most straight guys have zero attraction to other men.

Bro sciene at best..Its definately all about aesthetics these days though..
Jordan Peterson has a theory that the pill has made women prefer prettier men.

The idea is that ovulating women prefer strong masculine men - so women on the pill (who don't ovulate) will find prettier and gentler men more attractive.

Its just a theory right now but its an interesting hypothesis

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Jordan Peterson has a theory that the pill has made women prefer prettier men.

The idea is that ovulating women prefer strong masculine men - so women on the pill (who don't ovulate) will find prettier and gentler men more attractive.

Its just a theory right now but its an interesting hypothesis

This theory might be bogus.

Mammals have menstrual cycle while other animals have estrous cycle.

The fluctuations above mentioned is characteristics of estrous cycle.
while there is no difference in menstrual cycle.

Media and literature might be causing false positive influence on female with no scientific backing.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
This theory might be bogus.

Mammals have menstrual cycle while other animals have estrous cycle.

The fluctuations above mentioned is characteristics of estrous cycle.
while there is no difference in menstrual cycle.

Media and literature might be causing false positive influence on female with no scientific backing.
I'm not well read on the topic - but aren't there tons of studies that show when women are ovulating they find masculine faces attractive and when they are menstruating they prefer more feminine faces?

Because I think this is what Peterson refers to.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Also this theory do not hold properly against the world wide belief that man need to propose to their gilfriend for love and not girls.

Girls even if they are in close understanding relationship with a guy will not take a step to propose a guy.(This theory fails badly in this.)

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also this theory do not hold properly against the world wide belief that man need to propose to their gilfriend for love and not girls.

Girls even if they are in close understanding relationship with a guy will not take a step to propose a guy.(This theory fails badly in this.)
Well there's biological attraction - preferring a pretty mate.

And then theres cultural standards and norms (which gender proposes etc)

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald men are cast as villains because they are seen as less likable and more badass than guys with hair. Being bald separates you, in a sense, from other men. When you shave your head, you're sending the message that you don't care what you look like (and you might as well, since you're not going to be attractive in the same way as guys with hair) and that's part of why bald guys have that badass image.

As juvenile as it is to measure things based on a fistfight, men with hair (presumably pretty boys) are scared of getting in a fight because how it might damage their face. Nobody likes being punched in the nose, but the pretty guy will be worried not only about the pain, but the damage to his face. Bald guys, at least based on the rugged image they have, could give a f*** if they get damaged. It's a lousy tradeoff: you won't be seen as attractive, but you can intimidate those who are.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald men are cast as villains because they are seen as less likable and more badass than guys with hair. Being bald separates you, in a sense, from other men. When you shave your head, you're sending the message that you don't care what you look like (and you might as well, since you're not going to be attractive in the same way as guys with hair) and that's part of why bald guys have that badass image.

As juvenile as it is to measure things based on a fistfight, men with hair (presumably pretty boys) are scared of getting in a fight because how it might damage their face. Nobody likes being punched in the nose, but the pretty guy will be worried not only about the pain, but the damage to his face. Bald guys, at least based on the rugged image they have, could give a f*** if they get damaged. It's a lousy tradeoff: you won't be seen as attractive, but you can intimidate those who are.

The only people who go near the idea of fighting these days, in the age of a punch-up being serious assault even up to attempted manslaughter, are guys with psychopathic tendencies. Basically I wouldn't be surprised if the stats for general fighting (if it were possible to correlate such a thing) have gone down significantly over the past decade or two.

America is particularly ridiculous, guys will chest bump and bark in each others faces like absolute maniacs for 2 full minutes, and then just walk away.

Basically, people aren't really getting intimidated by anyone anymore, so I agree with you but the trade-off is getting even lousier as we get more civilised.

The Curse of Dolkite

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In America, we have a saying: the poor settle their problems with their fists; the rich settle their problems in court. I have two friends who are criminal defense attorneys and both told me they would love to put me on the stand. The first questions they'd ask, they said, were my height and weight, because jurors generally feel that big guys shouldn't fight back against smaller guys. The notion that being big is better because you can kick someone's *** is adolescent-level thinking. Those are usually the types who think being big and bald is cool.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In America, we have a saying: the poor settle their problems with their fists; the rich settle their problems in court. I have two friends who are criminal defense attorneys and both told me they would love to put me on the stand. The first questions they'd ask, they said, were my height and weight, because jurors generally feel that big guys shouldn't fight back against smaller guys. The notion that being big is better because you can kick someone's *** is adolescent-level thinking. Those are usually the types who think being big and bald is cool.

This is quite confusing, what would they put you on trial for? And why would they want such a thing?

Would the hypothetical case be about you in a fight? I don't get it.