Why are bald men mostly cast as villains in Hollywood?

rick39

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because society needs a scapegoat as well as someone to label as a bottomfeeder in order for themselves to know their greater worth. Without us bald men, how else would fullheads know that they're better off than us?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Because the producers are trying to make the audience dislike the villain as much as they can and the producers
know that people dislike how bald people look. Making the villain bald enhances the creepiness of the villain.

JTS

Banned
Reaction score
Because baldness can make someone more intimidating. Studies have shown that bald men (that means no hair, not a horseshoe) are perceived as stronger and more masculine than men who have full heads of hair.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Because baldness can make someone more intimidating. Studies have shown that bald men (that means no hair, not a horseshoe) are perceived as stronger and more masculine than men who have full heads of hair.

Yup! I saw a study that shows that too. But I've also seen studies that show that people don't like the way unattractive people look. I even posted a few of those studies yesterday. So it's actually both - producers know that people don't like the way unattractive men look and they know that bald men look powerful and tough. The combination of these two factors has the desired effect on the emotions of the audience. Bald makes the villain seem, both evil enough AND capable enough, to harm the hapless victim.

crowngarden

Reaction score
A bald head can make someone appear more menacing, tough, etc. Some of the examples in that link (like Voldemort and Gollum) would just look weird with hair. I don't understand why you included the phrase "Jewish-run Hollywood" in your observation though. I don't know why that would have anything to do with it. Jewish men go bald too.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
A bald head can make someone appear more menacing, tough, etc. Some of the examples in that link (like Voldemort and Gollum) would just look weird with hair. I don't understand why you included the phrase "Jewish-run Hollywood" in your observation though. I don't know why that would have anything to do with it. Jewish men go bald too.

How sad and true. We go from looking nice and gentle to looking menacing.
I hate this cursed thing.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Take hair away from superman. Is he still superman?

CbM0WsMVAAEhzyf.jpg

AXISClinicaltrials

Reaction score
Jewish-run?

I don't know if the Jewish modifier was necessary. Lex Luthor for instance is a genius billionaire. So he's bald but he compensates in other ways.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I don't know I thought maybe it was their (Hollywood) artistic expression merely at work, elucidating symbolically what wicked, wretched men Androgenetic Alopecia turns us into inside out.
I am sure my baldness hasn't transformed me into a caped crusader. It has however made me feel like a creep. You're mostly right about the villain mythology, but it didn't begin in Glittertown.

If you remember many of our superheroes along with their bald nemesis' first debuted in pulp magazines, radio serials, newspapers and comic books, before their subsequent evolution brought them into our households via tube television and then finally the great silver screen.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know I thought maybe it was their (Hollywood) artistic expression merely at work, elucidating symbolically what wicked, wretched men Androgenetic Alopecia turns us into inside out.
I am sure my baldness hasn't transformed me into a caped crusader. It has however made me feel like a creep. You're mostly right about the villain mythology, but it didn't begin in Glittertown.

If you remember many of our superheroes along with their bald nemesis' first debuted in pulp magazines, radio serials, newspapers and comic books, before their subsequent evolution brought them into our households via tube television and then finally the great silver screen.

George Jetson's creepy boss.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yes Mr. Spacely and Mr. Slate were two of cartoon land's nastiest bosses.
One is from the future and one from the early stone age.., both very angry bald men.

George Jetson's creepy boss.

878661_f248.jpg
82542e0b9e645a72462d6e5328f8da28.jpg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I don't know if the Jewish modifier was necessary. Lex Luthor for instance is a genius billionaire. So he's bald but he compensates in other ways.
Yeah, anti-semitic modifiers are not necessary. Do you hate Jews, OP?

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
HA!

made this a LONG time ago. Used to be in my sig but they kept pulling it on me.

baldsupes.jpg

Tagline was "how super is this"

Nice to see you posting on here again. :)

I made a thread earlier this month talking about an anime character who's a superhero named Saitama, and he's bald. There's even an episode where he got mistaken as a terrorist for being bald.

About that bald Superman you made, eh, baldness really isn't something attractive. :p

rick39

Reaction score
Yeah, anti-semitic modifiers are not necessary. Do you hate Jews, OP?

I don't dislike your average, everyday Jew who doesn't have any control over what is shown in the media but I do very much dislike the Jews/Zionists who are known to be the main group that has great influence over what is shown on tv and in movies. I'm part German and I'm especially tired of seeing men with blond hair (I used to have blond hair) and blue eyes and bald guys cast as villains. There are very few bald or blond men portrayed as good guys or heroes and the hero is almost always a guy with dark hair.

I'm also tired of seeing white women paired with black guys in commercials, tv shows and movies as I don't believe in race-mixing but that's a whole different matter. I'm not racist against any ethnic group but it seems like white European women are targeted more than any other group in the media and pressured to date outside of their race.