Why are bald men mostly cast as villains in Hollywood?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Best name ever right above me.

But I dont think there is a jewish conspiracy againts the bald, as many jews themselves are bald. I think there is a full head conspiracy against us but the religious aspect is irrelavent in this case.

And perhaps it is true that baldness has rarely been glorified throught history, but has there ever been another time in history where baldness was regarded with as much distain as it is now? No. Why? The media.

So while modern media didnt cause the problem, they took it and turned it into a much more severe problem, a different animal. Lets not let them off the hook, just because baldness was already hated.

DOESN'T MAKE IT RIGHT!

Oh look at that group of people kicking that poor defensless person, but its ok if more people join in because those others were already doing it for a while. Yup.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If you want to strike back at tinsel town (or any offensive industry) you simply boycott this industry.

rick39

Reaction score
Not only movies but also wrestling LOL look at the beginning of the "Attitude" era in the WWF and look how it started and he was a heel and was bald lol.

I was a huge wrestling fan in the mid-late 90's back when Austin and The Rock were on top. I even had an Austin 3:16 t-shirt.
Now, wrestling is geared more toward young kids and will probably never be the same again.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a huge wrestling fan in the mid-late 90's back when Austin and The Rock were on top. I even had an Austin 3:16 t-shirt.
Now, wrestling is geared more toward young kids and will probably never be the same again.

Uh, it was ALWAYS aimed at young kids. There's a reason why adults don't bother with it.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
So you were not a kid 2 decades ago?

- - - Updated - - -

It was aimed at kids, warmly welcomed adults, and profited on arrested cognitive development.
Uh, it was ALWAYS aimed at young kids. There's a reason why adults don't bother with it.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As a 29 year old I would definitely watch and follow closely WWF from around 1999-2002 if it was on now, and earlier back than that in the 90's I would probably still watch if it was on, but not regularly keep up on.

I do still sometimes watch friends old recordings of random Smackdown and Raw episodes from the Attitude era, and the stories, characters and factions were actually great. Any time I dare to watch a little bit of it now, it's so depressingly bad, and aimed at idiots and children. For example when a character "turns" bad now, it's for no reason, with no motivation, it's just for the hell of it, and that's just the tip of the iceberg for reasons it's gone to hell.

rick39

Reaction score
"So you were not a kid 2 decades ago?"

I was in my early 20's but by kids I mean under 18.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always have that pic in mind. I mentioned in another thread: I'm trying to read novels (Jack Reacher etc), like I used to when I was a teenager, but it's now extremely hard for me. The protagonists are fullhead dudes who sleep with women without any effort. My brain just rebels.

I now identify with Lex Luthor types. We need novels where the protagonists are ugly.

Ive always wanted to make a comic where the hero was ugly and the villain gorgeous and how the public would turn against the hero because of it. where the villian could rob a bank or blow up a school but bat an eye and have the public defending him with poor excuses or his childhood or opportunities in life. Then the spiral it would cause the hero. He saves the day but everyone blames the collateral damage on the hero making him look like the bad guy.
Either way, Ive said to much and my idea is already stolen. My problem is I cant draw anymore. Ive always thought a comic would be much better for this than regular writing. Plus time for me. Unless anyone wants to jump on board here. He wouldnt be just bald but fat with bad skin and a piss poor costume.

- - - Updated - - -

But hey, I mean look around this forum, can we say there's no truth to the fact that losing your hair makes you angry and bitter at the world? Not every bald guy is surely, but as stereotypes go, it's not far off. When I think about my hair loss too much I'm also angry and bitter, if I get to slick stage I might just go full psychopathic supervillian on the world.

I think how you take it depends a lot on whos around you. Like in my place my brother and sister have perfect hair. My friends ALL have perfect hair. The ONLY people I see who are bald in my age range are pretty much goobers.
Unfortunately because I focus so much on my hair I lump myself in with this crowd.
If you are in a place where there are a lot of bald guys around you who dont care and do well for themselves then it might not affect you as much.
Id hate to use the word role models but its kind of true. As I type this the ONLY other bald guy in my dept walked in miserably. Hes a miserable **** and I tell him daily. Every one likes to go right to him whenever something with hair is brought up. He even makes comments about his baldness. Ive seen pics of him when he was young and man did he have good hair, and you know what else? A smile lol.

on a side note when did the censorship start here? I cant type s"c"hit anymore?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a good point, actually for a little bit being on this forum affected how I saw myself and bald guys, reading some incredibly negative thoughts on perception of baldness on here (no guilt trip but sometimes by yourself swing) when I saw bald guys it was like a twinge in my brain going off, like I literally started being aware of them as if they are on my radar or some kind of monster or something. Like an other type of being, but really it was all in my head, and for anyone else these bald guys are just unattractive nobodies like 90% of men, hair or not.

But at the time I lumped myself further in with them, in particular the more pathetic or miserable ****s as well, and identified with that and what may be inevitable for me. I overcame this sort of sensation pretty quickly and don't really get it now, but certainly focusing on other miserable bald guys, identifying myself as one, I could easily imagine it affecting me as a stable person, and becoming more bitter and angry at the world.

Anyway back to my original point, yeah I still think baldness is generally identified as a "loser" trait, for me it won't sum a person's existence up but for example in a TV show if it flashes forward to a characters dreary future he's always in a ****ty motel, fat, and bald. Inheriting this bald trait means the likelihood of being frustrated and bitter will be higher, and that's why I think it's pretty fair for unsavoury characters in fiction to be bald guys, it's just natural really.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a good point, actually for a little bit being on this forum affected how I saw myself and bald guys, reading some incredibly negative thoughts on perception of baldness on here (no guilt trip but sometimes by yourself swing) when I saw bald guys it was like a twinge in my brain going off, like I literally started being aware of them as if they are on my radar or some kind of monster or something. Like an other type of being, but really it was all in my head, and for anyone else these bald guys are just unattractive nobodies like 90% of men, hair or not.

But at the time I lumped myself further in with them, in particular the more pathetic or miserable ****s as well, and identified with that and what may be inevitable for me. I overcame this sort of sensation pretty quickly and don't really get it now, but certainly focusing on other miserable bald guys, identifying myself as one, I could easily imagine it affecting me as a stable person, and becoming more bitter and angry at the world.

Anyway back to my original point, yeah I still think baldness is generally identified as a "loser" trait, for me it won't sum a person's existence up but for example in a TV show if it flashes forward to a characters dreary future he's always in a ****ty motel, fat, and bald. Inheriting this bald trait means the likelihood of being frustrated and bitter will be higher, and that's why I think it's pretty fair for unsavoury characters in fiction to be bald guys, it's just natural really.

I dont deny it. Its one of the reason Im trying to stay more away from this place.
Remember its way easier to just be miserable than find something to not be miserable about.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
even i took a long break lol. i agree swingline. half the people here put me down and other bald guys more than society puts them down xD

crazy how people are saying baldness is a deformity.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think people could at least argue that it's a deformity, I personally disagree very much. But the thing is how much people seem to enjoy saying it's a deformity, there's guys on here who love to beat themselves up.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Ive always wanted to make a comic where the hero was ugly and the villain gorgeous and how the public would turn against the hero because of it. where the villian could rob a bank or blow up a school but bat an eye and have the public defending him with poor excuses or his childhood or opportunities in life. Then the spiral it would cause the hero. He saves the day but everyone blames the collateral damage on the hero making him look like the bad guy.
Either way, Ive said to much and my idea is already stolen. My problem is I cant draw anymore. Ive always thought a comic would be much better for this than regular writing. Plus time for me. Unless anyone wants to jump on board here. He wouldnt be just bald but fat with bad skin and a piss poor costume.

I like the idea, and the comic book format. Only, I wouldn't make him fat. Fat is somthing that a person can control. Just give the hero big bulbous eyes, fat nose and feminine features.

- - - Updated - - -

even i took a long break lol. i agree swingline. half the people here put me down and other bald guys more than society puts them down xD

How was the break?

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like the idea, and the comic book format. Only, I wouldn't make him fat. Fat is somthing that a person can control. Just give the hero big bulbous eyes, fat nose and feminine features.

- - - Updated - - -

How was the break?
very enjoyable. i explored a number of science fiction and fantasy universes. my favorites have been the marvel/dc universes, and alien (xenomorph) universes. ofc break it up with some politics because of our campaign, and looking up the exciting discoveries in science. feels good not circle jerking in misery

i know i did it sometimes but i eventually got bored and was starting to feel really ****ty so i stopped.

even if you are ugly there's too much awesome **** in the universe to feel sad lol. you just have to open yourself to it.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
very enjoyable. i explored a number of science fiction and fantasy universes. my favorites have been the marvel/dc universes, and alien (xenomorph) universes. ofc break it up with some politics because of our campaign, and looking up the exciting discoveries in science. feels good not circle jerking in misery

i know i did it sometimes but i eventually got bored and was starting to feel really ****ty so i stopped.

even if you are ugly there's too much awesome **** in the universe to feel sad lol. you just have to open yourself to it.

Good for you Exodus!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score

Maybe Ill try to get around to doing it.... who am I kidding No I wont, I barely have enough time for my hobby music.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fuckin hell

They just show lotr in tv here

And its extreme with the hair.

The good guys have nice norwood 1 hair, especially the elves.

Then you have the "bad" humans who are norwood 2-3 tier

And then norwood 7 creeps like golum and some orcs

Only exceptions are this elrond guy and saruman

Lycoo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Snoke: bald monstruosity as the biggest villain of the new star wars.

looks like your average NW5 white guy in his early 30s after taking advice from HairLossTalk.com and shaving it off

Last edited:

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like your average NW5 white guy in his early 30s after taking advice from HairLossTalk.com and shaving it off

What are you talking about?

People can say a lot of things about our scummy little backwards community, but on this topic we thrive.