Where is everyone from?

Where are you from?

• Total voters

HughJass

Reaction score
yes, we're all aware of the large number of high school and workplace massacres carried out with motor vehicles

Unfortunately, we'd be left with an unarmed population and I enjoy being able to meet force with force

any advantage you think might have with is undermined by the inevitable flow on effect that widespread gun ownership creates-

ATF data reports that 67% of traced crime guns were first legally purchased in CT.
Department of Justice Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Office of Strategic Intelligence and Information, Data Source: Firearms Tracing System.

So, you have more chance of being shot. But as a concellation prize you can shoot back if you're quick enough.

Not my idea of intelligence.

s.a.f

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
the irony being you wouldn't have to meet force with force if it weren't for your gun policies-

Exactly no matter what the trigger happy rednecks (who like to feel manly holding a gun) say this is what it all comes down to, and the U.S homicide rates only further back this up.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
the irony being you wouldn't have to meet force with force if it weren't for your gun policies-

Ridiculous statement, sir. Please explain America's gun policies to me, if you don't mind.

yes, we're all aware of the large number of high school and workplace massacres carried out with motor vehicles

If designated persons on campus were allowed to carry, the chances of the shooter being engaged and ending the situation would obviously increase.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think what he's saying is that if it was'nt for people arming themselves with gun then nobody else would need to also arm themselves with guns for protection. Its a vicious circle.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah I'm jealous of a country where its not safe to walk down the street because any maniac can get their hands on an automatic weapon.
Just answer this question in which place are you more likely to be killed by a gun the U.S or Britain?

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Can you say for certain that the fact that the shooter knew that the campus would be filled with unarmed individuals, didn't affect their choice for the location of the rampage? You notice how they don't try that sh*t at gun shows...

If you were a stick-up kid, casing a gas station for a victim... who would you choose: the dude in a Glock sweatshirt or the senior citizen? Obviously you would choose the senior. Why? Because they're essentially defenseless and would pose less of chance of resisting.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm jealous of a country where its not safe to walk down the street because any maniac can get their hands on an automatic weapon.

Since you're so well-versed on American gun policies, you should already know that automatic weapons are illegal without a absurdly expensive tax stamp and are basically non-existent in gun stores. If a criminal has a automatic weapon, he likely acquired via the black market. Look at where we're back to... the criminal. Mankind is no different than any other type of production; there will always be duds.

If any thing, we need more aggressive repercussions for criminal behavior.

Nene

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Gun Maniacs? So you are saying that anyone who embraces the right to defend themselves with modern weapons (Firearms) is a maniac? There is no logic in that.

I live in a city with an extremely high crime rate (Memphis, Tn) Carjackings, Murders, rapes, occur almost everyday in my city. And criminals will always have access to guns whether they are legal or not, ( just as Drugs are illegal- criminals still deal in drugs). So I'm glad that I live in a country that gives me the same right as my countries military and police, the right to bear arms. The right for United States Citizens to bear arms, helps create a balance between the power of the government and the People.

In countries where it is illegal to bear arms the citizens have no power they are simply sheep, there must be checks and balances for a democratic society to function.

In my country Firearms are a balancing factor, if there's one thing that history has taught its that absolute power corrupts absolutly. The first thing that Hitler did before he enacted the holocost was, disarm the German citizens so that the Jews would have no way to protect themselves, this would never have happened in the States because our citizens are armed.

In Switzerland every male is required to own a rifle and keep it in his house, incidently Switzerland has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, see the video below.

And finally, guns are just plain cool, the're a guy thing and the're fun to shoot and collect, and in case your wondering, I posted a pic of my gun below.

[youtube:6186l7qv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nf1OgV449g[/youtube:6186l7qv]

HOLY sh*t. Firearms are a balancing factor? So you mean to say that you and some of your hillbilly friends can fight off the military with your guns should you have to? Or the Holocaust could have been avoided if the Jews only could've kept their weapons? :shakehead: Yeah, they would've fought off the 3rd reich and Gestapo with no problems with a few Ak-47s!
Guns are just plain cool? This thing invented for the sole purpose of killing people is cool? I've never owned a gun, in fact I don't know anyone who isn't a cop who owns one. You know what? Never once have I or anyone I know been in a situation where a gun was necessary. I live in New York, the Bronx...ring a bell? Is that dangerous enough for you? Yet I've never felt the need for a gun. You keep bringing up rapes, most rape victims are women who know and trust the rapists. It's not usually a situation where some stranger wearing a mask jumps out of a dark alley, where if the woman had only had a gun she could've saved herself. I said before I didn't know anyone who had a gun. I just remembered, my friend's father had one, and my friend almost shot his little sister with it when he was 6...You keep saying criminals will find guns so they should be available to everyone. Did you ever stop and think that if less people had guns, it would be less likely that criminals could get their hands on them? Just because people aren't allowed to have guns that makes them sheep? That's just plain rude and ignorant. You're the type of ignorant red neck that voted for Bush and gives all Americans a bad name. :shakehead:

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
I love it when people resort to calling gun proponents rednecks, as if it were some type of derogatory term. What exactly is a redneck, may I ask? Would it be a "good ol' boy" from the country, with a muddy truck and a shotgun rack that tends to take life a little slower? Sounds like someone I'd like to have for a neighbor.

I also find it amusing how some foreigners can't help themselves but to concern themselves with America and its citizens. Is your country that boring that you have to worry about what Americans do?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yeah good comeback but does'nt alter the fact that you're wrong about the whole arming to protect yourself issue.

Nene

Reaction score
Well I asked you first, but I have nothing to hide or be ashamed of. Mine is a picture of Gordon Liu. He is a famous and very skilled martial arts actor from Hong Kong. When he was young he often played a Shaolin monk in his roles and so often sported a shaved head, ironically he is now naturally bald. I study martial arts and really admire him both for his skills in martial arts as well as his sporting of a bald head throughout his career. Your avatar, I'm beginning to find quite offensive seeing how you're the type of person who has a Confederate flag hanging in his bedroom.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are running on fumes.

you're the type of person who has a Confederate flag hanging in his bedroom

Not sure my colored friends would appreciate that... haha.

Seriously though... It's no secret that I stay with random avatars. This avatar is simply a mugshot I found amusing while viewing individuals at mugshots.tampabay.com. However... your racist accusations, I find offensive. It has no merit and won't be entertained as a possibility.

--------

A few minutes ago, you guys had hella ammo. What happened?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Chore has been using random avatars for along time. I very rarely ever make an appearance in "Off Topic" but thought this would be one of those times I would. As you were guys.... :)

Nene

Reaction score
The ol' "Some of my best friends are black!." BTW we don't refer to black people as "colored" in this century.

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
You must be swinging a couple of coconuts, dude...

Honestly... you don't know me or anything about me. The only people I'm not officially cool with yet are Eskimos and that's because I've yet to meet one. I'm a 27 year-old white male who grew up in a family of four on $400 per week... how suburb could I possibly be?

Not sure exactly why I'm validating myself but I think it's pretty obvious that you don't have sh*t on me and are grabbing for straws. I'll call a truce. Let's get back to the Great Gun Debate...

Or the Holocaust could have been avoided if the Jews only could've kept their weapons? :shakehead: Yeah, they would've fought off the 3rd reich and Gestapo with no problems with a few Ak-47s!

Would one less Nazi loading Jews into the train have been a bad thing?

Nene

Reaction score
chore boy said:
You must be swinging a couple of coconuts, dude...

Honestly... you don't know me or anything about me. The only people I'm not officially cool with yet are Eskimos and that's because I've yet to meet one. I'm a 27 year-old white male who grew up in a family of four on $400 per week... how suburb could I possibly be?

Not sure exactly why I'm validating myself but I think it's pretty obvious that you don't have sh*t on me and are grabbing for straws. I'll call a truce. Let's get back to the Great Gun Debate...

Or the Holocaust could have been avoided if the Jews only could've kept their weapons? :shakehead: Yeah, they would've fought off the 3rd reich and Gestapo with no problems with a few Ak-47s!

Would one less Nazi loading Jews into the train have been a bad thing?

Fair enough. One less Nazi wouldn't have been a bad thing, I agree. But I doubt little would be different in the long run if the Jews had some guns.

s.a.f

Reaction score
chore boy said:
Please tell me how I'm wrong.

Yawn, ok for the 100th time if you dont have a society where guns are widely available eg here in the UK then you dont need to arm yourself (just in case) you have to defend yourself against someone using a gun. - That way very very few people get killed. Unlike a society where lots of people have guns and therefore there's a much higher chance of people actually using them to kill other!
I have lived in the UK all my life and neither me or anyone I know or have ever met has ever been the victim of a gun crime. Or as far as I know seen an illegal gun.

The guns that are here illegally are most often used by crimals - against other criminals only. Because of their illegality nearly all crimes are commited without guns ie burglars, muggers even the vast majority of drug dealers dont have guns making us safer than if they did and so did we.
Take the gun out of the equation in the first place.
Your idea that we in the UK are all living at the mercy of armed crimals is totally false.
And your country would be alot safer and better off if it followed our example. FACT!!!!