Where is everyone from?

Where are you from?

• Total voters

s.a.f

Reaction score
In response to the above
A) Good riddance to those foxhunters wankers
B) The reason we Brits dont have guns is because we dont need them, why dont we need them? Because since they're not readily available we dont have cause to protect ourselves from gun totin criminals.
In other words we dont have the cycle of fear that you have in the U.S.
The overwhelming majority of the British public dont want to arm themselves "for their own protection" our 'protection' is the fact that guns are illegal.

Ps the law on self defence in the home is soon to be changed to a more common sense aproach. when this current Labour gov gets the boot this year. But the farmer follicle84 speaks of Tony Martin did actually go to jail for about 18 months.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
finfighter said:
s.a.f said:
In response to the above
B) The reason we Brits dont have guns is because we dont need them, why dont we need them? Because since they're not readily available we dont have cause to protect ourselves from gun totin criminals.
The overwhelming majority of the British public dont want to arm themselves "for their own protection" our 'protection' is the fact that guns are illegal.

Ps the law on self defence in the home is soon to be changed to a more common sense aproach. when this current Labour gov gets the boot this year. But the farmer follicle84 speaks of Tony Martin did actually go to jail for about 18 months.

What's wrong with people wanting to hunt? Hunting is the oldest sport.

Because Hunting is really competitive and intelligent LOL

s.a.f

Reaction score
finfighter said:
s.a.f said:

What's wrong with people wanting to hunt? Hunting is the oldest sport.

So was burning witches and watching Christians being fed to the lions at one time.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
somone uk said:
though i am going to debate the harnessing of electricity, for 1 thing Edison was just a patent office thief and invented nothing he has been credited for, the light bulb was invented by Joseph swan a year before for example

????

You're just joking, right?? :shock: :dunno:
the lightbulb was stolen off swan when edison went to Newcastle
(http://www.coolquiz.com/trivia/explain/docs/edison.asp)
and he wasn't the first man to record sound, that was by far pre-dated by Leon scott and the phonograph has mass similarities to his device (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7318180.stm)

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with someone uk . i dont know if Edison stole the light bulb but he was more of a politician and a business man rather than a scientist or an inventor.
harnessing of electricity is possible due to tesla's and westinghouse's efforts .

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
MAN, I am in the military since forever and never owned a f*****g rifle. Guns are for insecure fools. :gay: It is funny how Americans see criminals everywhere lol!! Here we have super heros watching on us in Canada! We don't need guns... BTW what is wrong with PETA? Because skinning the fur from animals while they are still breathing is right? :whistle: Being for animal cruelty just show how stupid you are.

s.a.f

Reaction score
finfighter said:
s.a.f said:
In response to the above

Firearms are useful whether your attacker is armed or not. For example, it is easy for an unarmed female to be overpowered by a larger male Rapist, however if the woman is armed she has a means of protection. The right to protect yourself is needed whether or not your attacker is armed or not.

Really, Guns are illegal in your country? Are drugs illegal in your country as well? Do the criminals still have access to drugs? -Yes- But I thought drugs were illegal?

Oh here we go, and how many women do you know who have come up against an armed rapist?
Why not use the old "what if a tiger escaped from a zoo?" theory.

Yes obviously there are illegal guns in the country (manily in certain areas only such as inner city ghettos in London and Birmingham) just as there are anywhere in the world. But suggesting that everyone arms themselves for their own protection is like suggesting that we have a speed limit of 5mph to cut down on road traffic deaths.

Why is it the case that the countries that give their citizens the right to 'protect' themselves are also the countries with by far the highest rates of gun deaths? You honestly think that making guns freely available in the UK will save lives!? :woot:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
finfighter said:
squeegee said:
MAN, I am in the military since forever and never owned a f****ing rifle. Guns are for insecure fools. :gay: It is funny how Americans see criminals everywhere lol!! Here we have super heros watching on us in Canada! We don't need guns... BTW what is wrong with PETA? Because skinning the fur from animals while they are still breathing is right? :whistle: Being for animal cruelty just show how stupid you are.

I'm not for animal cruelty, But I'm also not against hunting animals that will be used for food, are you a vegatarian? Well you would be looked down on by PETA members because you ingest meat.

Because people live like Cavemans in 2010? In Canada we have grocery stores. Where is my bear traps and shotgun so I can have a steak on the barbecue tonight! LOL :gay:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Give it a rest with the ancient presidential quotes, they're no longer relavent in society, I could go back and find a few quotes on the support of slavery ect from former U.S presidents.
The problem with the U.S is that its taking a constitution that was written in a bygone age and doggedly upholding it in modern era.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Yawn, lets just agree that you can keep your guns and your homicidal society where gun obbsessed lunatics massacre inocent people in schools. And we'll keep our much safer society over here. :whistle:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Better that than :
[attachment=0:2z2k1hzq]paliness-gun-nut.jpg[/attachment:2z2k1hzq]

Attachments

• paliness-gun-nut.jpg
    paliness-gun-nut.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 152

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
s.a.f said:
Give it a rest with the ancient presidential quotes, they're no longer relavent in society, I could go back and find a few quotes on the support of slavery ect from former U.S presidents.
The problem with the U.S is that its taking a constitution that was written in a bygone age and doggedly upholding it in modern era.

That is not a ''problem'' my friend, our constitution will always be relavent it sets us apart from countries like yours where the citizens are sheep, who are at the mercy of the government. We whooped your nations *** over 200 years ago thanks to our guns and we' re not about to give them up!

''George Washington didn’t use free speech to defeat the
British. He shot them.''

'"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops…" Noah Webster, "An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution" (1787) in Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States (P. Ford, 1888)''

Hmm.... Some things never change, but I guess you like it that way.

With all due respect friend wasnt america also supported by the french who wanted venegeance for losing the seven year war against britain. Guns indeed helped the citizens of america win that war but not just with the aid of guns.

In modern day society there is too much ethics in western europe for a government to dictate over the people like in the past. The only places which would hold such tyranny would be places like iraq were sadam hussein once ruled. The power now is in the vote and media from the general public. Governments have to watch their asses now for fear of reprisal. Vietnam was a war that america could have easilly won but didnt. Why? Because of the media and ethics involved and voice of the people.

Furthermore over 200 years ago Britain was almost unrivalled as a world super power only closelly followed by the french. The people and other nations didnt have as much power as they do now and the governmant didnt have to worry so much about the media and ethics as they do today. In todays world Britain has lost alot former glory and know longer has the power to intimidate other nations and the people. Furthermore Since joining europe other nations have some say over the british government.

For instance Our former prime minister Tony blair faces court trails Because the governent of the EU believe he commited an illegal war in iraq by lying about his reasons for going to war. Things are different now friend.

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
True, america did not have the military power to defeat the british empire in the war of independance. It lacked the standing army that most nations had as it was in its infancy. Instead every day civilians armed themselves with guns to protect their lands becoming an army in its self which the british government didnt take into consideration. With this proving the colonials can fight back without an ordinary standing army the french had faith they could win this war by offering their support. Now as it stands america flourished and became a world super power and as token of that liberty the french built the statue of liberty to send to america as friendship to comemorate that freedom and liberation from foreign rule.

HughJass

Reaction score
@finfiighter:

pretty sure Iraqi's have always had a gun culture that made America's look pretty tame, yet somehow a tyranical government was able to assume control over its population

:thumbdown2:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
finfighter said:
aussieavodart said:
@finfiighter:

pretty sure Iraqi's have always had a gun culture that made America's look pretty tame, yet somehow a tyranical government was able to assume control over its population

The problem with them is they don't know how to shoot! :hump:

They don't shoot nowadays. They just add IED's all over their sh*t *** country.

HughJass

Reaction score
finfighter said:
aussieavodart said:
@finfiighter:

The problem with them is they don't know how to shoot! :hump:

True. It's not like any soldiers from your country have been shot while they were over there or anything.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
finfighter said:
True. It's not like any soldiers from your country have been shot while they were over there or anything.

A very, very small, minority of the force of US soldiers have been shot. One of my friends was shot in the neck, but miracuously he was not seriously wounded, he went back to the battlefield a few days later.

After he was shot he and about 19 other soldiers killed about 200 enemy soldiers that had them surrounded.

They are not stupid, they have no firepower compare to us this is why they are using the cowards way. IED. I still don't know why we still hanging-out there..really. What a waste of time, money and lives for an helpless country that live in the former century. Are we going to learn one day? Each time you go outside the wire aboard a vehicle on a convoy, it can be your coffin. This is pathetic.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
in America 65% of homicides are gun related, in the uk only 8% are, and guns are not actually illegal here, it's just you require a gun licence can only be obtained with a valid reason to have a gun
the irony is that the people who usually have a weapon for "self defence" are the ones most susceptible to carry out a murder using that weapon (therefore "self defence" is not a valid reason)

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice HK...

What some of these ladies don't realize is that the dirt was gonna get done regardless of the means. Do you think that if guns were banned, that all the crime would magically disappear? Offenders will find guns, and if they can't, they will resort to other means to "do their dirt". Unfortunately, we'd be left with an unarmed population and I enjoy being able to meet force with force

chore boy

Established Member
Reaction score
F*ck it... we're banning automobiles. Some people can't handle the responsibility. If that drunk driver didn't have access to a car and wasn't able to mow down that group of kids walking along the side of the road, the damage done would have been greatly reduced. So now, everyone must suffer... and don't tell me that it's ridiculous because, like gun ownership, driving is a privilege and if a few people can't handle it, the logical thing to do must be to ban it across the board.