My Regimen
Reaction score
...And I'm all out of gum!

View attachment 43843

HIGH RES HAIRLINE (CLICK TO ENLARGE)

View attachment 43850 View attachment 43851

REGIMEN HISTORY

Finasteride 1.25 mg: May 2015 - Jul 2016
(abandon due to gyno, may return with AI or Tamox)
Kirkland Minoxidil 5%: Dec 2015 >>>
Ketoconazole: May 2016 >>>
Finasteride (topical 0.002%): Jul 2016 >>>
(may abandon)
Alpicort F [Estradiolbenzoate, Prednisolone, Salicylic Acid]: 31 Aug 2016 >>>

COMING SOON...

RU58841 (50 or 75 mg daily)
TM30089
????

That's all for now :)
Excellent results, Whatevr. To what extent do you think Alpicort F has contributed?

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude, seriously. Congrats.

This can't all be minoxidil and keto. Are you fearing loss now that you're off oral finasteride? May be a wise choice to start RU sooner than later to keep your gains.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
;);););););););)

Hurrah!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you didnt have a few thousand grafts put in there?

Unless someone kidnapped me and subjected me to an involuntary hair transplant - not that I know of! :)

Excellent results, Whatevr. To what extent do you think Alpicort F has contributed?

Good question. Hard to say, I've only been using it for 3 weeks. I think that my hair hasn't really gotten worse in that time, that much I can say. I believe I'm also seeing some improvement at the sides of the forelock, as these areas are a bit less 'see-through' under harsh light than they used to be. I believe the estradiol can definitely give regrowth, but I wouldn't rely on it alone as it's a fairly low dose in this lotion, hence I will still add anti-androgens to the regimen just to be safe. But, it would also be interesting just how much the lotion could help over a span of, say, 6 months. Of course, it's likely going to work much better with anti-androgens in the mix.

Potentially, in the future, I might also experiment with an estrogen cream like this:
http://www.iherb.com/Life-Flo-Health-Bi-Estro-Care-Body-Cream-4-oz-113-4-g/23751

Alpicort F has corticosteroids and generally isn't recommended as a long term treatment for use longer than a few months, so I will be looking for a replacement for that eventually.

Dude, seriously. Congrats.
This can't all be minoxidil and keto. Are you fearing loss now that you're off oral finasteride? May be a wise choice to start RU sooner than later to keep your gains.

I would say minoxidil is responsible for most of the results, the Keto was only added 2-3 months ago.
Right now I would say that I'm maintaining despite not being on finasteride, but I'm not going to test that theory, and...
The RU I already ordered and should hopefully start with next week, so I am not leaving anything to chance.
If I can convince my Doctor to let me run an aromatase inhibitor or tamoxifen, I might add Finasteride back into the mix as well, although to be fair, if I can get away with just topicals, I'd prefer that.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you use liquid minoxidil ? do you massage it or just let it soak ? you apply the minoxidil to your whole head or just hairline ? fantastic result man you are lucky

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
you use liquid minoxidil ? do you massage it or just let it soak ? fantastic result man you are lucky

Hi, yes most of the regrowth is from minoxidil (liquid). I used Finasteride alone for 6 months and had zero regrowth and slightly further thinning.

I usually massage the minoxidil into my scalp for a minute or two. Works best when you have shorter hair (<2 cm).
With longer hair you probably want to precisely part it and apply minoxidil between it so that as little as possible gets wasted on the hair.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i really feel it works better with short hair , but with liquid minoxidil ive got a lot of white flakes , that looks weird with short hair .

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome whatever....seriously. Awesome f*****g job

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using minoxidil again?...and did you ever start & stop with minoxidil?...or was it always consistent?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These results are incredible and I am truly happy for you. HOW are you sure that it isn't the finasteride that's working in conjunction with the minoxidil? A lot of people will see regrowth on finasteride around 6-10 months, so is it possible the minoxidil is fooling you and finasteride is doing a lot of the heavy lifting? I am just saying man, I would be scared as f*ck to drop finasteride now.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using minoxidil again?...and did you ever start & stop with minoxidil?...or was it always consistent?

Since December '15. I might've skipped a day here or there, and there were days where I applied only once per day instead of twice as usual, but generally speaking, yes, I've used it the entire time since then.

These results are incredible and I am truly happy for you. HOW are you sure that it isn't the finasteride that's working in conjunction with the minoxidil? A lot of people will see regrowth on finasteride around 6-10 months, so is it possible the minoxidil is fooling you and finasteride is doing a lot of the heavy lifting? I am just saying man, I would be scared as f*ck to drop finasteride now.

Finasteride slowed down my hair loss but didn't give regrowth. I was still steadily losing ground. My Minoxidil results were even better in April than they are now.

The main reason I had to drop Finasteride was due to increasing gyno, hence switching to RU. Hopefully RU will be enough and if not then I will have to take Finasteride alongside an aromatase inhibitor. Obviously RU would be preferable because taking AI's for a long time just to counter the effects of finasteride would be bad for my body and I'd rather not do that long term.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some people have expressed the idea that I am now NW0, unfortunately that's not quite the case. I uploaded a 3rd hairline photo with my hair swept up and wet from Minoxidil, there you can see the damage on the temples that I have yet to recover.

You can also see the very fine, silver hairs just along the edges of the hairline - these are the result of estrogen and appeared in the past 3 weeks since adding Alpicort F. Hope I can make them terminal!

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should be a case study because such a recovery in such a short time is seen rarely.
I would make this success story sticky ;)