Whatevr's Success Story - With Timeline

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you apply Keto everyday? I presume it's not a shampoo but some sort of lotion? Do you think I would benefit from using nizoral every day instead of every three days?

No man, I use it every >other< day, so 3 times a week. Every day is overkill and will leave your hair very dry and weak (at least it does mine). And I use a keto shampoo. I leave it on for 30-40 minutes so it all absorbs. Then I wash it out with a normal shampoo.

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1st Minoxidil an hour or two after I wake up
2nd Minoxidil afternoon usually between 5-6 PM

Then every other day

Around 9 PM Ketoconazole, leave it on for 30-60 mins, rinse out
Alpicort usually around 11 PM in the evening, or like an hour or so before I go to bed
I'm thinking i can use Apricot everyday, but I wonder how I'd apply it :confused:
If minoxidil is already on my head, can I just apply apricot on top of it???

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking i can use Apricot everyday, but I wonder how I'd apply it :confused:
If minoxidil is already on my head, can I just apply apricot on top of it???

Just apply it at the end of the day and wash out the minoxidil beforehand. It's recommended for some reason in the instructions to apply it in the evening. I use a 1 mL dropper. It dries very quickly, 15-20 minutes.

PoppinSmoke

Reaction score
Interesting idea whatevr. How much do you attribute the alpicort F to your success? Im on generic dutasteride at the moment, and tryed minoxidil but had to stop because of the side effects. Im interested in trying the alpicort F to try and kick start some temple regrowth. In your opinion do you think the topical estrogen would do anything by itself, or do you think it works synergistically with the minoxidil?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
How do you get alpicort F, do you need prescription?

Yes you need a prescription if you want to get it the legal way.
Someone posted a link a while ago though, I think a couple of people here found it online as well but I don't know where.

Interesting idea whatevr. How much do you attribute the alpicort F to your success? Im on generic dutasteride at the moment, and tryed minoxidil but had to stop because of the side effects. Im interested in trying the alpicort F to try and kick start some temple regrowth. In your opinion do you think the topical estrogen would do anything by itself, or do you think it works synergistically with the minoxidil?

In the beginning I wasn't sure it was going to do much but by now I discovered I can not only maintain on it, but even reverse my hair loss, depending on how often and how much I use it. Of course this needs to be balanced by estrogenic side effects so I am only using it every other day until I figure out a way to get the best of it without the side effects. Remember, I have been off oral Finasteride since August, so as far as topicals go Alpicort is amazing seeing as it is able to not only replace but outperform Finasteride with a similar or better side effect profile.

Again, this may not be the case for everyone, but for me it definitely works. It would work even on its own, but of course adding Minoxidil is going to improve those hairs which are not yet fully regenerated, much faster than if you used estradiol or an antiandrogen alone.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
It just keeps getting better. Batshit bananas insane, as someone here put it.
My hair quality has changed so much since late August I can barely recognise my own scalp.
And especially in the past 2-3 weeks, it's starting to take on more and more qualities of the head of hair I had when I was 18.
The hair is so damn frizzy after washing, I almost broke my plastic comb trying to go through it just now. Also something I haven't experienced in ages, when I comb my hair it's making static electricity. I actually turned off all the lights and combed my hair and I can see faint lightning bolts as I go through my head. I wish I was making this sh*t up. It's like Zeus itself lives in it.
If you look at the pic above, even with this extremely harsh lighting, it only looks mildly diffused. What is currently happening is that it seems like not all of the hairs on my scalp are yet in anagen, so there are some "empty " spots, but if you look at the hairs which are there and growing, they're thick as hell. Something I believe related to the static that my hair is now exhibiting is that it has a tendency to stand upright on its own. For example look at that whirl just between the crown and mid-scalp. The hair just comes together in the middle like that and stands upright on its own (kind of reminds me of the stegosaurus's back) - I can't even comb it down. The hairs are so healthy and strong they just hold themselves upright with their own electrical field. Madness. If you look at my early pictures there you can see it always fell down and forward along the scalp.
So, the hair diameters all over the head are greatly increased, now we're just waiting for the hair counts to follow, along with reversal of the recession along the front. The crown is in very good shape already.

Overall in most average lighting conditions I doubt the majority of people can even tell I was ever balding. In another 2-3 months I can sign off of this forum. (Not that I'm going to do that mind you, I love you guys, this is a second home to me :D) This cutesy 18 year old was checking me out today - I don't even know how to deal with that anymore ffs. It's been way too long of me being an invisible ghost due to my hair ...

So, yeah, enough of me talking about crazy sh*t. The regimen, as is, is unchanged. Alpicort used every other day. I read somewhere that estrogen takes around 30 hours to clear the receptors. That's why I use it every other day. Nearly ALL of the estrogenic side effects (fat redistribution) have reversed since I reduced the frequency, and the results are still coming in steadily, so, it doesn't seem to be necessary to use it more than 3 times a week.
I apply Ketoconazole 2-3 hours before, let it soak in very well for 40-60 minutes. Hit those androgen receptors hard. Then finish 'em with an estradiol fatality.

That's it for now.

Last edited:

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results. Will be very interested to see if you maintain this progress in the months to come. Hard to tell if this is just a very good minoxidil response

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results. Will be very interested to see if you maintain this progress in the months to come. Hard to tell if this is just a very good minoxidil response

Definitely not dude and it's apparent if you just look at the timeline. I started minoxidil in December and my results peaked around April. I've then lost hair from April to August while I was still on Propecia. Since dropping Propecia and switching to estradiol I've been regrowing the whole time whereas I was losing on Propecia. The minoxidil was a constant the whole time.

My results now (Estradiol + minoxidil) far surpass those that I had in April (Propecia + minoxidil).

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know murray ave apothecary offers it, but when I mentioned it to the lead pharmacist she laughed at me, and told me it was a very bad idea. I don't really know much about it. If it goes systemic, you're in trouble.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know murray ave apothecary offers it, but when I mentioned it to the lead pharmacist she laughed at me, and told me it was a very bad idea. I don't really know much about it. If it goes systemic, you're in trouble.

Who? What?

You asked about Alpicort F?

Lol. Yeah, it goes systemic, so what? The amount that goes systemic probably doesn't increase your total estrogen any more than Finasteride.
I use it 3 times a week and still get better results than I did on Finasteride. I dealt with that same crap when I come to pick my prescription up.
It's always a fun conversation.

P - Pharmacist, M - Me

P: What do you need?
M: I'm here to pick up some Alpicort F. Here's my medical card.
P: Is this for a female family member? What's the name?
M: No, it's on me. I'm giving you my card.
P: Are you sure? Your doctor probably meant Alpicort without the F. This one contains estradiol, a female hormone.
M: I know.
P: Do you want me to call your doctor so he can correct the prescription?
M: No thanks, just give me exactly what's written here. The other one is useless.
P: Okay, as you say. I don't know why he would prescribe this, it shouldn't be given to men.
M: I'm sure he knows what he's doing.
P: Here you go. If you have any problems you can come back and I'll exchange it for the normal one.
M: Don't worry about it, I'm good. Thanks and bye.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
dang, so you're saying you are 100% sure most of your gains are from alpicort f? f***, I should attempt this. anything is worth a shot at this point. finasteride didn't work for me at all. how can I get legit stuff w/o a script??

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair looks f*****g sweet. damn, I wish I had that density. what guard is that? six?

kennyl370

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly has to be one of the best turn arounds I have seen that didn't require $500 dollars a month in chemicals.

I have a couple of questions, how/where did you get your alpicort F? I saw the couple side effects (fat redistribution) you mentioned switching to estrogen..

Did you notice anything else? Less intense boners or anything of the sort that you get with finasteride?

Also, how where did you get your keto? How much do you use and how do you apply? I already use nizoral, but it looks like you are applying a second application of purely Keto.

I'm getting my hands on this stuff no matter what. I've been using finasteride + minoxidil + nizoral for about a year now and got really good regrowth all the way back to Norwood 1-1.5 but my hairline is still struggling and even though I have reduced down to <.5mg finasteride EOD, it still seems like my libido is lowered (erections are fine though thank god), so I'd love to replace finasteride with Alipcort F like you did! Then we could also have a second documented trialist as well!

Thanks for documenting and sharing with us, it's much appreciated!

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
dang, so you're saying you are 100% sure most of your gains are from alpicort f? f***, I should attempt this. anything is worth a shot at this point. finasteride didn't work for me at all. how can I get legit stuff w/o a script??

The left picture is after 13 months of Propecia and 7 months of Minoxidil.

The right picture is after ditching Propecia, 44 days of Alpicort F and 10 months of Minoxidil (taken right now).

The lighting and angle are not the same but even so you can see how the left looks like a , to use your terminology, diffused rats nest :), whereas the right you can note the increased thickness all over the scalp and better hair characteristics.
The left picture the hair is swept downwards along the scalp using the length to cover the diffusion, the right picture does not have that advantage cause the hair is swept upwards exposing the hairline. This makes the front look worse in comparison but I assure you it isn't. The front is still a bit diffused and the temples need fixing but the crown and top scalp is a completely different story as you can see. Keep in mind this change is less than 2 months. Minoxidil takes like 4 months to work, so this is FAST.

your hair looks f*****g sweet. damn, I wish I had that density. what guard is that? six?

Excellent guess. It's #6 (18 mm). My favorite for the top at the moment.

Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly has to be one of the best turn arounds I have seen that didn't require $500 dollars a month in chemicals.

I have a couple of questions, how/where did you get your alpicort F? I saw the couple side effects (fat redistribution) you mentioned switching to estrogen..

Did you notice anything else? Less intense boners or anything of the sort that you get with finasteride?

Also, how where did you get your keto? How much do you use and how do you apply? I already use nizoral, but it looks like you are applying a second application of purely Keto.

I'm getting my hands on this stuff no matter what. I've been using finasteride + minoxidil + nizoral for about a year now and got really good regrowth all the way back to Norwood 1-1.5 but my hairline is still struggling and even though I have reduced down to <.5mg finasteride EOD, it still seems like my libido is lowered (erections are fine though thank god), so I'd love to replace finasteride with Alipcort F like you did! Then we could also have a second documented trialist as well!

Thanks for documenting and sharing with us, it's much appreciated!

1. I get Alpicort F on prescription, from a local pharmacy. The side effects can be greatly mitigated by not using the lotion more often that 3 times a week. That still gives steady results without causing an excess of estradiol to build up in the blood. I haven't noticed any other side effects when dosing this way. Dick works, probably better than on finasteride to be honest.

2. Nah, it's just regular Ketoconazole shampoo. You can just buy it prescription-free in a pharmacy. I use it every other day (couple of hours before Alpicort).

3. Hope you can find it. I am not sure if anyone's been able to get it reliably from an online source. You'll have to do some digging, I'm afraid.
Again, I am not sure if I can guarantee that everyone will have these kinds of results. Maybe I'm just a REALLY good responder, or my scalp situation is such that my hair follicles respond really well to estrogen for some reason.
After all, this stuff has been out for a while - if everyone responded this well I think we would know. But by all means... I've been also told it doesn't work and here, for me it sure as sh*t does. So, definitely try it.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** man, in two months you'll look like JUSTIN BIEBER!! amazing. Do you have any references for alpicort f? aside from a dermatologist (i doubt one would prescribe it to me)

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried to order from brand medicines.com and it still says pending approval for me. This was 6 days ago and I also emailed them about 5 days ago without response. I read on a steroid site that it sometimes takes a week or so to get approval.